Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fixing Darkmoor Dungeon!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 15, 2013
As I stated in another post, the Darkmoor Dungeon is in dire need of some fixings. Not so much with the dungeon itself but with the fleeing players. When I want to play that dungeon during animus events, I run into the same problem most wizards run into, fleeing players. They'll go into the dungeon and then leave. This is so infuriating! I want to be able to go all the way with that dungeon and I often can't get past the first boss because everyone flees. I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Instead of having it as just one dungeon, perhaps you can have different options for players that only want to battle certain characters, like those wanting to fight the first boss only, sign into this fight, or for the ones wanting to fight the first two, sign into this battle, or for those wanting to fight all three, sign into this battle. This would tremendously help with how many times I'm forced to fight only the first boss and then have to start over because my team has fled.

2. Make tougher consequences for fleer's. In PvP you are not allowed to rejoin PvP for five minutes if you flee. This makes sense to me. However, for this dungeon, 5 minutes is not long enough. I think KI should make it so that if you flee on your team, you can't play again for 24 hours. I know, that seems like a lot, but I have spent so much time battling the first boss for other people now, I don't really care! Make them wait for a change!

I think that if you did these two things, it would make it much easier for those trying to go all the way through, what do you all think?

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I think the one problem with your fleeing penalty would be death. If a team-mate dies (or is very close to it), and there's no healer in the group, the only option is to flee. Being penalized for that would be counter-productive.

I do think for the more popular dungeons that have multiple bosses, that the individual bosses need to be broken out into separate teamable events. Caveat being that the whole dungeon must be completed once before those options become available.

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
mistress mugwai on Aug 22, 2018 wrote:
I think the one problem with your fleeing penalty would be death. If a team-mate dies (or is very close to it), and there's no healer in the group, the only option is to flee. Being penalized for that would be counter-productive.

I do think for the more popular dungeons that have multiple bosses, that the individual bosses need to be broken out into separate teamable events. Caveat being that the whole dungeon must be completed once before those options become available.
You make a good point. I agree, the bosses need to be separated once you've completed the entire dungeon. Not enough people ever want to go the entire way through and I'll end up playing the first boss 20 times in a night just trying to get others to go through, and then they flee when they're done. This isn't fair to me since I have no choice but to team up with others. I have to be a good sport and go against the same boss over and over again for other people, but then I never get to finish what I want to do. It needs to be broken up!