Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hire a gardener.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 15, 2013
It would be nice to be able to buy a gardener in the crowns shop to look over all of your plants needs for 5 days. The gardener would take care of everything from watering your plants to killing the bugs. Sometimes I don't have the time to go through and take care of all of my plants, but being able to hire someone to do it for X-amount of time would be worth a few crowns, even as much as 5000.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Jeremy Firestaff on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
It would be nice to be able to buy a gardener in the crowns shop to look over all of your plants needs for 5 days. The gardener would take care of everything from watering your plants to killing the bugs. Sometimes I don't have the time to go through and take care of all of my plants, but being able to hire someone to do it for X-amount of time would be worth a few crowns, even as much as 5000.
As long as you see to all the needs then leave the garden when you log out, you won't get new needs until you go back to that garden, no matter how long you are offline. The only benefit to having a gardener would be if you wanted to get every mature harvest while the plants are in the 'mature - elder' stage. Otherwise, just see to all needs, leave the house and log off with a peaceful mind that your plants will continue their growth stage without gaining needs or pests while you are gone.

This is the method used by players who do 'elder gardening' - only harvesting the elder plants and choosing to skip getting the mature harvests. It's a common technique for couch potatoes and evil magma peas because we generally only want the mega snacks from the elder harvest.

I used to log out from my garden and was always worrying about my plants wilting while I was offline, because sometimes they did! Then someone told me to stop logging out from the garden and to stop checking them so often (which is the trigger for needs to show and starts the timer towards the wilting!). It worked and things only wilt now if I deliberately wilt them

You can use this to have plants in multiple houses and only visit the area they're in when you have enough energy to see to needs or replant them. It's fun having lots of gardens with a variety of drops.

I hope this helps and makes your gardening more fun and easier to manage

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
Yeah, I'm well aware of that. My thought is that it's more a matter of what's convenient and time saving. If I PvP, a lot, it would be nice to have someone or something tending to my gardening needs. They could pick my harvest daily, adding tc's to my tc holding area and could see to the daily maintenance. For example, I plant a lot of red bell peppers. If I had someone to pick those for me daily, I wouldn't have to go from house to house using up my pet's energy, I could just go into my backpack and load the spells I need.