Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need some pve advice for my 101 Ice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
I'm currently in Khrysalis part 2 and so far Ice blade, sharpend Ice blade,TC Ice blade and 3 different elemental blades with sleet storm, feint, colossal, and balefrost have been scraping me through these 20,000 hp bosses. I assume it keeps getting harder over the next couple worlds and was wondering if there are still more ways to increase my damage for the increase in enemy hp later on? I hear only feint is worth stacking at least twice cause Ice trap and elemental trap take too long to set up some times. How many buff spells for Ice wizards are usually needed for 100-125 questing?

Michael Wintertamer 101

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Marleybonian Myth ... on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:
I'm currently in Khrysalis part 2 and so far Ice blade, sharpend Ice blade,TC Ice blade and 3 different elemental blades with sleet storm, feint, colossal, and balefrost have been scraping me through these 20,000 hp bosses. I assume it keeps getting harder over the next couple worlds and was wondering if there are still more ways to increase my damage for the increase in enemy hp later on? I hear only feint is worth stacking at least twice cause Ice trap and elemental trap take too long to set up some times. How many buff spells for Ice wizards are usually needed for 100-125 questing?

Michael Wintertamer 101
The thing that starts happening in Polaris and Mirage, is that the health gets lower but the cheats get more frequent. So as long as you know those cheats, Polaris can be easier than Khrysalis. It was for me, at least. Hopefully that reassures you!

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 114

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I would also put on a fire trap and element trap, then prism, and all the ice boosts, etc. That way you get everything you already did, plus would end with a fire trap and element trap adding fire damage. Last cast, first triggered, so fire traps, then prism. It is another tool and can be a handy work around shields sometimes.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
Marleybonian Myth ... on Aug 17, 2018 wrote:

Michael Wintertamer 101
When I was in Khrysalis Parts 2, I had the following gear: (you can wiki all of this for stats)
-Hat: Krokopatra Blizzard Fez (Krokopatra Exalted Duel)
-Robe: Bonesmasher Robe of Cold (Rattlebones Exalted Duel)
-Boots: Shoes of the Cold Hearted (Malistaire the Undying, Castle Darkmoor) - If you want to, the level 100+ version of Lydia's Frozen Footwraps are better for offensive stats, but come from a pack (Professor's Hoard)
-Wand: Aqualian Secutor Lance level 90+ (Immortal's Lore Pack) - If you don't want to buy packs, you can use the Quarterstaff of Cold Fury (Malistaire the Undying, Castle Darkmoor), but you won't have as good damage.
-Athame: Blade of the Felled Titan (Chronus, Tartarus)
-Amulet: Children of the Sea Medallion (Bazaar) - Using Shango's Iceblade Amulet might be more helpful for blade stacking though. This amulet was only really good for the health.
-Ring: Alpha and Omega Ring (Gladiator Dimachaerus, Mount Olympus)
-Deck: Terror of the Carapathes Card (Crafted Darkmoor Deck).
-Pet: Epic Icebird with Ice Dealer, Ice Giver, Spell Proof, and Fairy Friend. I didn't really use the icebird card for boss battles though.

Using potent trap feint with a regular feint is a crucial, definetly do it.

Ice traps and elemental traps aren't really worth it though.

From there, you can use iceblade, sharpened iceblade, item card iceblade, elemental and sharpened elemental blade (if you need it), feint, potent trap feint, and if you use a colossal frost giant, you should be able to kill. If you can't, you can bring back sleet storm or use treasure card versions of iceblade, elemental blade, and feint.

Good news for later on! After Khrysalis, enemies and bosses start having less health, and instead have more armor piercing and can use set shields. The health decreases from Polaris to Emperyea, and you eventually only need about two blades and an enchanted frost giant to kill common street mobs with 2,000 health (early Emperyea). It gets easier!
Mark Emeraldthorn 125

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
When enemies start using shields, bring shadow shrike to pierce through them so they are less of a problem.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I use Henchmen if you've got the crowns. Level 125 Storm named Purria is excellent. Crits a lot and will sometimes heal me. Lvl 125 Life guy named Tartagna is great at keeping you alive and he has a couple good spells also. I've also found lvl 125 Fire named Charkay delivers some hefty punches, and for a lesser battle I like lvl 70 Life guy named Jabari. I've tried others but they don't seem to deliver when you need them.

In the crown shop they are listed under the tab named "Game Play". Make sure your "usable" box is unchecked or their pictures won't show up.

Sydney Skyblood lvl 101 Incindiari

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
colocrys on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
I use Henchmen if you've got the crowns. Level 125 Storm named Purria is excellent. Crits a lot and will sometimes heal me. Lvl 125 Life guy named Tartagna is great at keeping you alive and he has a couple good spells also. I've also found lvl 125 Fire named Charkay delivers some hefty punches, and for a lesser battle I like lvl 70 Life guy named Jabari. I've tried others but they don't seem to deliver when you need them.

In the crown shop they are listed under the tab named "Game Play". Make sure your "usable" box is unchecked or their pictures won't show up.

Sydney Skyblood lvl 101 Incindiari
You bring up a good point

You should NEVER go into battle expecting to use a minion. As an ice especially, you don’t need it. With the proper gear, you are able to have high amounts of health and resist, and are able to buff up your hits while not having to worry about being defeated.

And now: consider the following:

You buy 90,000 crowns for $80. If you divide the crowns by the price, you are getting 1,125 crowns per dollar. This is the best crown sale and the second most recent. At a price of 400 crowns for 1 henchmen, that is at least 35 cents a battle. In Khyralis, there are lots of battles, and that will add up. If you ever lose a battle you can easily rejoin, especially with boss battles.

Don’t use henchmen. Just get good gear and a good strategy.