Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jewel Remover Item

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Hello Kingsisle!

Recently, I've obtained some very rare and difficult to obtain Jewels. I used them for a time, but soon I got better gear that I want to put the jewels in. However, there is no way to remove Jewels. I would like to change that.

I thought up the item called the "Jewel Removal Crowbar". It's a single-use item that can be used to remove and re-use Jewels. Of course, you are probably thinking "Well that would take away from some of the purpose" or something. That's why these Items are only dropped by some of the most difficult bosses in the Game

- Exalted Duel Bosses (Rattle, Krok, Meow, Zeus)
- Bunferatu
- Aphrodite II
- Shadow Malistaire (Darkmoor)
- Omen Stribog
- Mimic
- Corporal Tenni'syn
- Macdeath (Rank 17)

I hope my idea is worth something. It would really make a lot of Wizards happier in the game if they could get back their hard-earned jewels back.

Thanks!
Dogspagetti27

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
A great idea that has been suggested before. Perhaps KI will listen this time.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2015
Yes! I was just thinking about something like this a few days back. Hopefully it can be implemented.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Dogspagetti27 on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
Hello Kingsisle!

Recently, I've obtained some very rare and difficult to obtain Jewels. I used them for a time, but soon I got better gear that I want to put the jewels in. However, there is no way to remove Jewels. I would like to change that.

I thought up the item called the "Jewel Removal Crowbar". It's a single-use item that can be used to remove and re-use Jewels. Of course, you are probably thinking "Well that would take away from some of the purpose" or something. That's why these Items are only dropped by some of the most difficult bosses in the Game

- Bunferatu
- Aphrodite II
- Omen Stribog
- Mimic
- Corporal Tenni'syn
- Macdeath (Rank 17)

I hope my idea is worth something. It would really make a lot of Wizards happier in the game if they could get back their hard-earned jewels back.

Thanks!
Dogspagetti27
I agree that safe removal of jewels makes sense and would make using jewels more fun. Having to shatter them can make it a difficult decision to change gear and when so many jewels take such a lot of effort to get in the first place it seems disproportionate.

I don't think it needs to be a new item to do this though. Why can't a socket wrench also be used to remove them? We're highly trained wizards and crafters who can carefully unlock sockets and carefully fix a jewel in place but we are too clumsy to remove them without destroying them? That seems strange and the socket wrench that is used to unlock slots could perhaps also be used to unlock slots that currently have a jewel in them, placing the jewel back into our inventory. Shattering could be an option if we don't want to waste a socket wrench or crowns removing the jewel carefully.

I hope KI add this ability to socket wrenches so wizards can enjoy jewelling more

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
Dogspagetti27 on Aug 12, 2018 wrote:
Hello Kingsisle!

- Bunferatu
- Aphrodite II
- Omen Stribog
- Mimic
- Corporal Tenni'syn
- Macdeath (Rank 17)

Thanks!
Dogspagetti27
Jewels aren't too hard to farm, and most can be crafted. The recipe sold in Mirage makes jewel crafting quite easy for accuracy and piercing jewels. If you want to be cynical, you can say that the shattering of jewels in Kingsisle wanting you to buy more jewel packs, but the packs are pretty avoidable. You can find most of the ways to get each jewel from the wiki, good luck!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ogeezalo on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
Jewels aren't too hard to farm, and most can be crafted. The recipe sold in Mirage makes jewel crafting quite easy for accuracy and piercing jewels. If you want to be cynical, you can say that the shattering of jewels in Kingsisle wanting you to buy more jewel packs, but the packs are pretty avoidable. You can find most of the ways to get each jewel from the wiki, good luck!
That's not been my experience at all! Farming for jewels can take weeks due to drop tables having such a huge variety of possible drops. Many of the desirable jewels are very rare drops. Crafting them is also extremely hit and miss, with many of the desired jewels not even being possible to craft.

I don't think something so difficult to obtain should have to be shattered or be impossible to move to a new piece of gear. Socket wrenches are not generally abundant and the option to use crowns to remove it could also be there. I think it would be a suitable balance of giving players options without excessive changes or having to introduce new items.

Obviously when a jewel is not special to the player the option to shatter it would still apply, but it would make jewelling items a lot more fun if we were able to change up a new gear set without having to start farming for pierce jewels etc again.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I think spells on jewels: Summoning minion, heal and other rare jewels should be re-usable ( "no shatter") on future gear. .

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
That's not been my experience at all! Farming for jewels can take weeks due to drop tables having such a huge variety of possible drops. Many of the desirable jewels are very rare drops. Crafting them is also extremely hit and miss, with many of the desired jewels not even being possible to craft.

I don't think something so difficult to obtain should have to be shattered or be impossible to move to a new piece of gear. Socket wrenches are not generally abundant and the option to use crowns to remove it could also be there. I think it would be a suitable balance of giving players options without excessive changes or having to introduce new items.

Obviously when a jewel is not special to the player the option to shatter it would still apply, but it would make jewelling items a lot more fun if we were able to change up a new gear set without having to start farming for pierce jewels etc again.
Please. You can get piercing jewels from street mobs in Khrysalis, and those are the only hard jewels to craft. I got a lustrous piercing sapphire just from three street battles in the Thieves Den while questing.

Even for the jewels that can't be crafted, such as power pip or shadow pip bonus jewels can be farmed by the first boss in Mirage, who very good drop rates. I got the +3% shadow pip bonus hematite in three or four runs.

If you're a high enough crafting rank, it is easy to craft 10 jewels every 10 minutes.
Gemeral sells super easily crafting recipes. All these ingredients can be bought from the bazaar and reagent vendors. It doesn't matter if it's hit or miss, because they are super easy to craft.

The ability to keep your jewels after removing them from a gear item doesn't make the game fun, it makes it easier, which makes it less fun.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
I think spells on jewels: Summoning minion, heal and other rare jewels should be re-usable ( "no shatter") on future gear. .
*** I know you have edits in moderation so please forgive me if I've quoted something you've changed or if you've added things I have mentioned...I'll check your post again when it is edited ***

We already have a few non-shatter jewels (eg Morganthe's Requiem Onxy) but the reason I don't see "no shatter" as a full solution is that it depends which jewels the player considers precious at any one time.

Spell-Proof jewels are much desired and often considered rare, but I have so many I have shattered them to move a pet for hatching...yet a Lustrous Pip Opal (which can be bought for arena tickets!) would be something I'd rather move than buy again. It's arguably one of the easiest jewels to get since it's only 275 arena tickets from Jordo Mistborn.

If we get a new piece of gear and want to use it immediately but don't have replacement jewels, being unable to move the jewels can render the piece of gear useless until we have got new jewels...but if we had options to remove them safely we could change up that gear set immediately even if it took a few crowns to do so.

I've seen people use hatching elixirs on eggs with a 5 minute timer because they can't wait to see and train their new pet! I'm pretty sure there are plenty of wizards who would happily pay a few crowns or use up a socket wrench (which are hard to get but easier than specific jewels) instead of potentially farming for hours or more to be able to use their new piece of gear.

I sincerely think that the 3 options for removal of any jewel should be: shatter, use socket wrench, use crowns.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This should've been implemented the day that adding Jewels was announced!

I can't begin to tell you the countless amounts of rare (and at times expensive [time is money]) jewels I was forced to destroy just to sell an item.

Mind you, these were all jewels I wanted to keep!

It would only make sense to add or implement some time of way whether:

Through a merchant
Our Bag pack (similar to adding jewels)
An item
Etc.

Whatever it is, so we can fully utilize this very welcomed feature of jewels and sockets more effectively.

Consider it KI!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also, if this technique is to be implemented (which it should be), please don't ask us to choose between destroying the item or the jewels when we're trying to remove them.

Often times, we may either want to:

Keep the item
Sell the item

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
*** I know you have edits in moderation so please forgive me if I've quoted something you've changed or if you've added things I have mentioned...I'll check your post again when it is edited ***

We already have a few non-shatter jewels (eg Morganthe's Requiem Onxy) but the reason I don't see "no shatter" as a full solution is that it depends which jewels the player considers precious at any one time.

Spell-Proof jewels are much desired and often considered rare, but I have so many I have shattered them to move a pet for hatching...yet a Lustrous Pip Opal (which can be bought for arena tickets!) would be something I'd rather move than buy again. It's arguably one of the easiest jewels to get since it's only 275 arena tickets from Jordo Mistborn.

If we get a new piece of gear and want to use it immediately but don't have replacement jewels, being unable to move the jewels can render the piece of gear useless until we have got new jewels...but if we had options to remove them safely we could change up that gear set immediately even if it took a few crowns to do so.

I've seen people use hatching elixirs on eggs with a 5 minute timer because they can't wait to see and train their new pet! I'm pretty sure there are plenty of wizards who would happily pay a few crowns or use up a socket wrench (which are hard to get but easier than specific jewels) instead of potentially farming for hours or more to be able to use their new piece of gear.

I sincerely think that the 3 options for removal of any jewel should be: shatter, use socket wrench, use crowns.
I'm not saying rare and hard to find jewels that has spells such as Summoning Minion, Heal, etc.. shouldn't be removed. After reading your post, it dawned on me perhaps I have the wrong meaning? To me "no shatter' means they are can be removed without shattering so they can be used over and over again when you upgrade your gear. If my meaning is misinterpreted, please let me know and I'll fix it. :)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
I'm not saying rare and hard to find jewels that has spells such as Summoning Minion, Heal, etc.. shouldn't be removed. After reading your post, it dawned on me perhaps I have the wrong meaning? To me "no shatter' means they are can be removed without shattering so they can be used over and over again when you upgrade your gear. If my meaning is misinterpreted, please let me know and I'll fix it. :)
No, your post was clear but I've just realised I've expressed myself badly lol. When I said 'non-shatter' then later said 'no shatter' I meant them to BOTH read 'no shatter' - 'non-shatter' was a typo! My bad, not yours!

The only part of your suggestion I don't agree with is in only making some jewels 'no shatter' and reusable - I think we should have the ability to remove ANY jewel safely for reuse if we'd like to

Sometimes what's deemed valuable to one person isn't the same as what is valuable to another. I think it would be much easier to just let the player decide instead of having to think through the value of each jewel added to the game