Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death and Defensive Hits

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
Hello, for this presentation to make any sense I must first define what I call a "defensive hit" and why they're so important. A defensive hit is any hit that also hampers the opponent's ability to attack, life steals are not included as they do not affect large hits. They're incredibly useful in PvP to both prep for your own hit by removing any weaknesses or shields and ensuring you live another round. They vary heavily, from small ones that add accuracy debuffs or minor shields and weaknesses, ones that are circumstantial to the hanging effects of the target, and the heavy ones that nearly nullify an attack in their entirety.

Of the trainable spells in game each school has the following:
Woolly Mammoth, Lord of Winter, Winter Moon and Abominable Weaver
Storm Lord, Leviathan, Sirens, Glowbugs, Catalan and Catch of the Day
King Artorius, Raging Bull, Krampus, and Efreet
Gnomes!(against other lifes), Hungry Caterpillar, Sacred Charge and Luminous Weaver
Earthquake, Basilisk, Athena and Medusa
Super Nova, Power Nova, Mana Burn, King Artorius, Saber Tooth and their flagship Loremaster
and finally...
Winged Sorrow

While one could argue the criteria I set for a "defensive hit" was made to exclude life steals It's still a problem in where death has virtually no options to combat an opponent blading up while other schools have plenty. And it certainly doesn't help that their one option is locked behind a shadow pip.

After the juju nerf (while I agree spam was a major issue) death wizards have let their frustrations heard about their class' mediocrity and I have no doubt Kingsisle is looking into ways to improve death and possibly revamp some of their spells. With this in mind I plea for the addition of or adaption of spells into hits that provide death wizards with a good defense.