Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

User Quests (long post warning)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2014
So I love monstrology, and making a big collection of enemies in a monstrodome, but it feels kind of boring because there is no point in the end. So I was thinking, what if we could add quests to our houses? There would be a reward decided by the game depending on how difficult the quest is.

Basically, you first put the quest on a house NPC and customize dialog with a chat filter same as in game chat, and link the object with your next objective (this could work like castle magic, click on the objective, and it will be linked next).

If linked to a monstrodome: Player is asked to defeat creatures inside
If linked to an invisible trigger: Player is asked to go to that location
If linked to collectable objects: Player is asked to collect them
If linked to a house NPC: Player is asked to talk to them
If player finishes quest: Player must talk to quest giver to turn in.
If the house owner wants the player to talk to an NPC, they can type out the dialog, but the dialog will have the same chat filter as normal chat, allowing it to not be abused.

How to obtain: Starting a house quest requires you to craft "quest scrolls" which would have 4 different tiers. The tiers are: basic (1 objective) normal (3 objectives) long (5 objectives) and endless (as many quests as the user chooses). Basic quests are easiest to craft while endless ones are the hardest

Rewards: Rewards are based on the tier of the quest scroll that is being used, difficulty/quantity of enemies that were fought, and distance to go to trigger/collect objects/talk to another NPC. Rewards can vary between nothing (walking like 2 feet to another npc) to 10,000 gold + bonus rewards such as skeleton keys, furniture, and gear corresponding to your level (walking through multiple large houses, many battles, long quests)

Comments? Questions? Feedback? Feel free to ask!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Alex Firepyre on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
So I love monstrology, and making a big collection of enemies in a monstrodome, but it feels kind of boring because there is no point in the end. So I was thinking, what if we could add quests to our houses? There would be a reward decided by the game depending on how difficult the quest is.

Basically, you first put the quest on a house NPC and customize dialog with a chat filter same as in game chat, and link the object with your next objective (this could work like castle magic, click on the objective, and it will be linked next).

If linked to a monstrodome: Player is asked to defeat creatures inside
If linked to an invisible trigger: Player is asked to go to that location
If linked to collectable objects: Player is asked to collect them
If linked to a house NPC: Player is asked to talk to them
If player finishes quest: Player must talk to quest giver to turn in.
If the house owner wants the player to talk to an NPC, they can type out the dialog, but the dialog will have the same chat filter as normal chat, allowing it to not be abused.

How to obtain: Starting a house quest requires you to craft "quest scrolls" which would have 4 different tiers. The tiers are: basic (1 objective) normal (3 objectives) long (5 objectives) and endless (as many quests as the user chooses). Basic quests are easiest to craft while endless ones are the hardest

Rewards: Rewards are based on the tier of the quest scroll that is being used, difficulty/quantity of enemies that were fought, and distance to go to trigger/collect objects/talk to another NPC. Rewards can vary between nothing (walking like 2 feet to another npc) to 10,000 gold + bonus rewards such as skeleton keys, furniture, and gear corresponding to your level (walking through multiple large houses, many battles, long quests)

Comments? Questions? Feedback? Feel free to ask!
I'm making a monstrodome house too! I understand that the monsters can't drop the things they do in game but would love it if they had some fun rewards for defeating them. I'd really really like it if I was able to add my own rewards from my backpack and crown shop. I'd love adding a bunch of TC, reagents, seeds and a few packs/elixirs etc to randomly share with anyone who takes on the challenge and wins

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
I love this idea! However, I would make it so that you would have to provide the rewards. I feel like this would be abused, though, like an owner makes an easy quest then puts the rewards really high, then they have a friend come over and do it.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Raven642624 on Aug 2, 2018 wrote:
I love this idea! However, I would make it so that you would have to provide the rewards. I feel like this would be abused, though, like an owner makes an easy quest then puts the rewards really high, then they have a friend come over and do it.
Yes, it should only be items able to be bought and sold or gifted...no Mali gear from killing a lost soul

I imagine a table the home owner can go up to (literally a drop table lol) where they can add their TC, gold and other items to be drops and then they are randomly distributed through any battles or competitions the homeowner has selected. So monstrodomes, puzzles and mazes could all be selected if the owner wanted. Castle magic could make this possible but I suspect it might be excessive work for the designers. If it is a viable project though I'd love to be able to give a prize to people completing a maze or give people fighting monsters I've collected get a nice surprise when they win something nice. Buying some pets from the vendors and popping them into the drop table would be nice, everyone loves seeing the piggle face appear showing they've won a pet even if it is a common pet

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
That sounds like a really cool idea! I would love that! I have a bunch of pet snacks that I doubt I would ever use that it would be a great use for!