Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Zafaria help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
I just got to Zafaria, and it's really hard. I have friends but they can't always help me.

So maybe I could get some advice, or a partner.

NOTE: I don't have text chat.

- Gavin Shade, level 64-65

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Zafaria was actually toned down some years ago.

The world was a lot harder. So, if you're having challenges, try these techniques most experts use:

Gear - Highly advisable you seek your Waterworks Gear or at least your level 56 Crafted Gear available in Sudrilund, Wintertusk.

Deck - Do you've more than one decks? If not, maybe you should. Having more than one decks greatly helps with the enormous amount of quests we've to do.
To elaborate:
- Have a small deck for basic mob battles. The deck should contain a few AoE's (Frog), Blades (Myth and Spiritual Blades), Traps (Feints, Myth Traps if necessary), a couple pixies and damage enchants. Nothing else. You can toss a troll or cyclops in there if a mob survives and you don't want to waste time having to wait on four pips to build back up.

Boss Deck - The second deck should be geared to major boss battles. This deck will comprise of major hits such as Orthrus and Medusa. Most bosses are unstunnable (making Medusa useless). So be on the look out for that. Your boss deck should also contain respective shields (Tower Shields etc) alongside Treasures (TC Feint, Blades, Heals etc.) to prepare yourself for any given situation.

Pet - I can't stress enough how useful a good pet can be. In your case, one that heals, maybe provides a little damage and resistances would be ideal.
If you need help in this category, let us know!

I strongly recommend emailing KI about getting text chat. I'm not sure if they will be able to assist since I believe proof of age (which is illegal) is required.

Many bosses cheat and often times, persons around talk about the cheats, especially in group battles.

Non-chatters I realize tend to be shunned a lot.

Good Luck!