Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Annoying Retreval Quests We Had To Do

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2016
If you're not sure what I mean here's an example. When you had to talk to the guard , then Dorothy , then Toto and Tin Man , then Dorthy , then gaurd... you do get xp but REALLY? NO BATTLES!!

Tayler RavenGlen lvl 18 &

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Well they are better than the collect 20 bear claws quests where apparently not every bear has claws. So you spend an age fighting bears, or trolls or whatever random creature you have to collect a thing from.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
Tayler RavenGlen on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
If you're not sure what I mean here's an example. When you had to talk to the guard , then Dorothy , then Toto and Tin Man , then Dorthy , then gaurd... you do get xp but REALLY? NO BATTLES!!

You didn't have to do any of that.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2018
If the quest gives the same amount of xp/a little lower than a quest with a battle/multiple battles, I personally think it's great simply because it's easy xp! For an example of time, why wouldn't you want to do a retrieval quest that gives you 2000xp that takes 1 minute over a quest that gives the same amount of xp that has a battle, and takes 10 minutes to complete?

Survivor
Jul 17, 2018
Tayler RavenGlen on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:

I enjoy quests such as those. It personifies the world of the Spiral and makes it feel 'alive' a little bit.

What you're asking for is Zafaria - endless collection quests fighting the same enemies over and over and over.

It is often said that the greatest victories are won without firing a single shot.

Sometimes, games are no different.

Valdus Dreamtail,

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
Jagerskrieg on Aug 1, 2018 wrote:
I enjoy quests such as those. It personifies the world of the Spiral and makes it feel 'alive' a little bit.

What you're asking for is Zafaria - endless collection quests fighting the same enemies over and over and over.

It is often said that the greatest victories are won without firing a single shot.

Sometimes, games are no different.

Valdus Dreamtail,
I agree! I've just started Zafaria and I'm already bored with all the defeat and collect quests. I'll take quests that require you to talk to NPCs over defeat and collect quests any day!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I love the simple go and talk to people and get XP quests. Those quests are EASY XP.

What I despise are the fight mobs and collect things quests. Especially when the "You did not collect "____". Please try again" lines are more prevalent than the "You have collected X of X"

Leaves from the tree Men on Tangle wood Way in Wysteria were the absolute worst.

Steven Ghoststalker