Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeleton key / reset quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 01, 2008
So I got the quest from Diego to defeat his brother in his lair. I went to the library and got the wooden skeleton key. Going to his lair I entered along with another wizard. Using the skeleton key I got down to his brother. The other guy entered the battle before me, so I missed the first round. I went into the circle and waited for the next round. But he either defeated him in the first round, or left the battle before I could have a chance. Either way his boss (the brother) disappeared. So I went back up the ladder and tried reentering but it wouldn’t load. So I left the lair and then went back in. It still wouldn’t let me enter, so I logged out and logged back in. But then when I went into his lair it said I needed a wooden skeleton key. How do I reset the quest so I can defeat his brother?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Anna MoonDust on Jul 30, 2018 wrote:
So I got the quest from Diego to defeat his brother in his lair. I went to the library and got the wooden skeleton key. Going to his lair I entered along with another wizard. Using the skeleton key I got down to his brother. The other guy entered the battle before me, so I missed the first round. I went into the circle and waited for the next round. But he either defeated him in the first round, or left the battle before I could have a chance. Either way his boss (the brother) disappeared. So I went back up the ladder and tried reentering but it wouldn’t load. So I left the lair and then went back in. It still wouldn’t let me enter, so I logged out and logged back in. But then when I went into his lair it said I needed a wooden skeleton key. How do I reset the quest so I can defeat his brother?
We could do it together if you like, I can pick up the quest and get us a new key to use

Let me know

Survivor
Oct 01, 2008
We could try that, thanks. Although I don't know how we would meet up in the game.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2018
Anna MoonDust on Jul 30, 2018 wrote:
Try looking for a wizard that has a wooden skeleton key then teaming up with them to defeat him. (I tried opening the lock with my sister and it was pretty buggy so I think that's just a buggy boss.) I could get a skeleton key and meet up with you to defeat him if you would like. Just give me your user and available times and I can meet up.

Natalie Dragonsong, Lvl 28
Natalie Griffinflame, Lvl 8

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Anna MoonDust on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
We could try that, thanks. Although I don't know how we would meet up in the game.
Just let me know your wizard's name and your availability over the next week (include time zone).

I'll get back to you on here saying a few times I can meet when you're also available and I'll be there each of the times I say. Just turn up for the first one after you see the message

I'll let you know a place and realm and which wiz I'll be on too!