Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is using cards like Weakness considered taboo?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
Hey everyone,

It's been a long time since I have done any PVP. I am an older player who first started playing the game very early in its lifespan, but things were much different back then. I recently began playing Wizard101 again, and decided I wanted to get some Arena Tickets, mainly for the gear that boosts fishing luck and energy.

I decided to read up on the forums about how PVP is now, and do some practice matches. It quickly became clear to me that things have changed drastically since I last did any serious PVP matches. My playstyle is to generally use cards like Weakness, Black Mantle, and Tower Shield to negate damage to myself. The first match I was in PVP, my opponent gave me a bit of a hard time using Weakness. They weren't mean about it, but it did kind of feel as though in future battles players would be mean about me using cards like Weakness.

I get that it is an annoying card, but isn't that kind of the point? I wasn't spamming it every turn. I just don't want to move forward in PVP matches only to be mocked and say I'm being a poor player for using spells that are in the game. I'm just a little confused at the moment. I would like some feedback before I begin another round of PVP matches.

Thanks,
Eathe

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
No, feel free to use whatever Treasure Card you like!