Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Banned

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 24, 2011
hello! so i was recently playing wizard 101 and was farming for gear. i had to go eat dinner and was idle for around 20 minutes. during this time, my brother, who doesn’t play the game, went into my room and was saying rude and offensive things to other players. one of the peopel ended up reporting my account. based on my research, i found out that i could get my account permenatly deleted. however, i also read that all conversations with other players are monitored when somebody is reported. after i figured out my brother had done this, i apologized to the character and he understood, and is no longer mad. i don’t want my account to be deleted, so i am wondering if there is still hope for my account... :(

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
firemaster1205 on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
hello! so i was recently playing wizard 101 and was farming for gear. i had to go eat dinner and was idle for around 20 minutes. during this time, my brother, who doesn’t play the game, went into my room and was saying rude and offensive things to other players. one of the peopel ended up reporting my account. based on my research, i found out that i could get my account permenatly deleted. however, i also read that all conversations with other players are monitored when somebody is reported. after i figured out my brother had done this, i apologized to the character and he understood, and is no longer mad. i don’t want my account to be deleted, so i am wondering if there is still hope for my account... :(
Check your email, KI will notify you on what sanctions they will take - as a first offense maybe you'll only get a mute. If KI hasn't contacted you, then you're fine. All he said was rude things? No filthy language? Then you'll probably be OK. But for the love of Bartleby, if you have to leave the computer during the game, just log-off, now that you know that your brother can be stinker.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
Check your email, KI will notify you on what sanctions they will take - as a first offense maybe you'll only get a mute. If KI hasn't contacted you, then you're fine. All he said was rude things? No filthy language? Then you'll probably be OK. But for the love of Bartleby, if you have to leave the computer during the game, just log-off, now that you know that your brother can be stinker.
I'll add to this...tell your parents too! If you get in trouble with KI they may get the email. They might even be able to do something about it to prevent it happening again and be able to advocate on your behalf by letting KI know this is not a situation that will happen again.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2011