Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappearing Game Cursor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 27, 2018
Hello, my in-game cursor seems to have been vanishing at least once every day for the past few days and it's annoys me when questing, leading me to try to finish my current quest using my touch-screen laptop, then restarting the game quickly again. I'm worried that this will keep happening at least once a day, so I hope this problem can be fixed soon if it can be.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Did you try turning your mouse trails off?

if not, i would try going to Start>Mouse>Pointer Options and turning off the trails.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2018
I checked that my mouse trails were never turned on, and the problem is still happening to me.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2018
I've also seemed to be crashing more recently.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Yeah this is happening to me also. All I do is restart the game

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
This happened to me for 5 days straight then the problem kinda just went away. Now it only happens once a week. It's still annoying cause when I log out to restart, my entire computer needs to be restarted due to it freezing. I'm glad it doesn't happen as often but it's still weird.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
This happens to me occasionally as well. It's really weird. I don't know what "mouse tails" you are talking about because that sounds like a 1990s website thing. It's also weird because it's not consistent. I think generally it has to do when I change windows (but again only sometimes.)

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
Whenever this happens to me I always restart the game but if you can't then I suggest turning the mouse off in game settings; a mouse should appear but it'll be weird looking

Defender
Sep 15, 2013
This has been happening to me a lot as well, not during questing but PvP. Does it seem to happen after you've just logged on or many hours after? It's been my experience that this only occurs after I've been playing for a few hours. As a matter of dealing with it now, I just restart the game every three hours if I'm playing that long. After a certain amount of time, you're going to be logged off anyway so that the game can properly update, you'll notice a user time error. But yeah, just try to make it a habit to restart every few hours to avoid this, I'm not sure this is an error on Wiz101's part.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
My cursor sometimes vanishes when switching between accounts while duel boxing. It's still there, just invisible. I can see the battle cards moving as I move it about but can't click accurately because I'm not sure where it is. It's been happening for over a year. I've not noticed it getting more frequent (or less frequent) recently but maybe there is a little issue with duel boxing that is now affecting players when they're using one account only?

It usually reappears when I switch between the accounts then back again, sometimes it takes a couple of attempts though. Have you tried quitting the character and hitting play again instead of completely exiting the game? If that works it would save having to log back. It might be worth trying going out of full screen and clicking on your desktop then clicking back on the wizard.

Sorry I am not being clear about how I get mine to reappear...I'm not very techy so randomly clicking stuff is often high up my short list of possible solutions!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My cursor disappears during card selection sometimes. When that happens, I move my mouse carefully around until I see the cards "pop up" as if I'm about to select one. Carefully, I click on any card that doesn't instantly launch, such as a wand blast or single hit spell. At that point, the cursor reappears.

Restarting will not fix this problem, since it's a bug in the game's interface.

Like Victoria, I've noticed it happens most often if I've switched between windows. This includes "dual-boxing," but also if I'm reading emails or fan fiction while battling. When I switch back to the W101 window, that's when I'm most likely to lose the cursor.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This issue only happens for me when Im multitasking. I do what everybody else does and move my mouse around and wait until a card shows as being pointed on (a non AoE spell so it doesnt automatically select it), then click it which brings the mouse pointer back. A friend of mine has this happen ONLY when he's running both of his accounts at the same time.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
geck9 on Jul 19, 2018 wrote:
Did you try turning your mouse trails off?

if not, i would try going to Start>Mouse>Pointer Options and turning off the trails.
I've never had it turned in when my issue happens (see my previous post). However, Mouse Trails should give you MORE cursors and not less. Does that feature conflict with the game??