Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Photomancy Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2015
When I try to use Photomancy, it makes the noise as if I have taken the photos but it doesn't show them in my Photobook when I press CTRL+Z. Any reason for this?

Regards

Survivor
Oct 22, 2012
Same here. Nothing showing up in my Photobook either.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2008
Same here. I thought maybe it just needed me to complete the quest first, so I did. But it's still not taking pictures. Logged out and back in, still not working

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Same. I took a lot of good photos also and when I opened the folder up, they weren't there. Is Kingisle aware of this?

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Same for me so it’s got to be bugged. No pictures are storing in the book but you can still complete the quest. I’m sure they will fix it soon.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Same here, I was hoping I wasn't the only one having the problem.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Same -- I thought it might be corrected on the second day, but still no photos to be seen...

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Same. I even snapped a photo with the timer, and it acted like I completed the quest, and gave me the next quest, but still shows no photos taken and the photo count as zero.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Sounds like they know about this bug and are working on it. Dworgin posted a work around, and the bug seems to be Mac related. I was able to get photomancy to think it had taken pictures, but when looking at the pictures, they showed total black. If stamped with hearts, I could see hearts go on the black page while applying them, but when I exited out of that to the main photo page, it was still black, no hearts or photo showing.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
A bit of time has passed. Just wondering, is this feature going to stay only for windows users?

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
It has been fixed far as I know. If yours is not just find the folder that the pictures are kept in which I believe is in your documents folder (there should be a wiz101 folder in there.) In that folder make new folder called “Photos” then it should work in game. There was another post with this walk around in another section on the boards. You’ll have to look for it as I do not remember now where it is.