Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2013
So I just got to winter tusk at level 47 and I want to get through it to get a nice XP buff before I go on with celestia. Problem is though is that this world is very difficult. I can't even beat the frost bones efficiently. I want to know if there are any tips someone can give me for getting through this world.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My first tip: unless you're a Life wizard, I'd strongly advise you to wait until you are at least level 48 and have your Attack-on-Everyone spell. (Life wizards get a heal-on-everyone spell instead, so waiting a bit longer doesn't do them any good.)

Next tip: wait until you're at least level 50, so you can get some gear that provides critical and critical block. These are two new game mechanics that the mobs and bosses in Wintertusk are using, and wizards who are under level 50 do not have the ability to cope with it. Wintertusk dumps a ton of experience precisely for this reason - originally it was intended for wizards level 60 or above!

Since I don't know what school you are, I can't give you any specific tips for the Frost Bones. But, here's a general one: if you just can't stand to wait go to a populated realm and find people to quest with. Having even other player in the battle with you can make a huge difference.

TLDR:
Don't try to solo Wintertusk until you go up a few levels. Or, go in now with plenty of friends to help you.

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
Seems like no one around here likes me to bring this up, but I use Henchmen from the Crown Shop. If you have the crowns, use Tartagna to keep you alive and you might need a second one. Start paying attention to your limits, ie; if you're fighting 2 creatures pay attention to their life scores so you know the ones you can handle yourself. That way, when you get to a circle, wait to see their life scores to show then make a decision about needing help. As long as the duel hasn't started you can open the crowns window and choose. In the past I've used 3.

Sydney Skyblood, lvl 91 Incindiari

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Wintertusk did not come out until after Celestia, I was level 60 when I did it, and had full waterworks gear.
So, maybe its your level and gear. Just try it later. I started Celestia at level 50, so maybe you should do some side quest and your 7 pip spell.