Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Charms

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 01, 2015
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
This is answered on the Ravenwood Commons board, a pinned topic at the top of the page.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/announcing-the-charm-like-button-8ad6a42659b0d84b0159b86cfee048e3?page=1

"If you like a post or just want to say thanks to someone for making a helpful post, please push the Charm button at the bottom of the message to "Like it" like a Wizard!

A post's "charm" count will display in the top right-hand corner of a post, and you can even check to see how many times a person has received a helpful "charm" buff for their comments.

Try it out and let us know what you think.

NOTES:

1- Likes (or "Yars") from the Pirate101 message boards also count toward your "Charm count" here on the Wizard101 message boards.
2- Charms should not be used to create a club or clique based around like counts.
3- Archived posts cannot be "liked." Please understand that this does not mean older posts (and those who made them) are unappreciated. We value everyone's feedback, liked or not!

Thanks!"

Alia Misthaven

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
matveixx on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
I am new to the message boards. What are Charms? pls

Andrew
Welcome to the boards!

Charms are spells that have a four leaf clover on them. Like Blade spells (stormblade, death blade).

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
matveixx on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
I am new to the message boards. What are Charms? pls

Andrew
They're basically a thumbs up to the post

They don't affect anything specific but it's a nice way to show appreciation or agreement.

Things I give charms for to let others (and the poster) know:

1. I agree with a post or find the info useful without making a post myself
2. I agree with a post or find the info useful and my post adds more info/thoughts
3. I appreciate a post even though my post in response doesn't agree

It like discussing things with people who agree with me because they often share other thoughts/reasons they hold a similar view point...I love discussing things with people who disagree with me because understanding their view point even if I don't feel/think the same is an important part of human connection. It helps us understand each other better and get on really well even if we don't see things exactly the same way. It's especially cool when I think I know what I feel but they share a different idea/view that changes my opinion entirely!

This is just how I use charms and a lack of a charm from me doesn't imply the opposite. I hope this helps

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Freshta on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
This is answered on the Ravenwood Commons board, a pinned topic at the top of the page.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/announcing-the-charm-like-button-8ad6a42659b0d84b0159b86cfee048e3?page=1

"If you like a post or just want to say thanks to someone for making a helpful post, please push the Charm button at the bottom of the message to "Like it" like a Wizard!

A post's "charm" count will display in the top right-hand corner of a post, and you can even check to see how many times a person has received a helpful "charm" buff for their comments.

Try it out and let us know what you think.

NOTES:

1- Likes (or "Yars") from the Pirate101 message boards also count toward your "Charm count" here on the Wizard101 message boards.
2- Charms should not be used to create a club or clique based around like counts.
3- Archived posts cannot be "liked." Please understand that this does not mean older posts (and those who made them) are unappreciated. We value everyone's feedback, liked or not!

Thanks!"

Alia Misthaven
Haha, the other responses came live while I was writing my previous post! If I'd been 2 minutes slower I'd have seen you had it covered!

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Delver
Oct 27, 2009
As you make posts, a tally is kept on how much you have posted. The ranks are a fun way to describe what posting range you are in. You have posted between 1-100, I think, to rank Survivor. It goes on up to people with a huge amount of posts that are Pirate Overlords. I think that is still the highest rank.

Welcome to the boards! It is a great place to get questions answered, especially the things that are not explained in the spell book, under the . Those help pages are a great place to look for all sorts of game questions too, if you feel shy about asking, but there are many friendly wizards that like to help too .

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
matveixx on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Thanks guys
Sry to ask again but what are ranks
What are ranks? Again, the answer is right here on this very board.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/forum-ranks-8ad6a427559b37730155b81f1b0e0317?page=1

Per Dworgyn:

Great question! Every once in a while we'll change these ranks around just for fun, but for the most part, ranks on the Wizard101 message boards are as follows:

Rank - Post Count
Survivor - 1
Explorer - 50
Defender - 100
Delver - 200
Mastermind - 300
Champion - 400
Squire - 500
Historian - 600
Hero - 700
Geographer - 800
Astrologist - 1000
Illuminator - 1250
A+ Student - 1500
Armiger - 2000
Adherent - 2500
Archon - 3000

There's nothing particularly special about the ranks. They just mean that some people are more active on this board and post a lot, or they've been active for years and all their posts have added up over time. Other people are new and just getting started but that means they have fresh new ideas and maybe ... lots of questions.

Alia Misthaven