Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prism

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2013
I've noticed that when I'm soloing balance enemies with a balance character that it is extremely difficult to defeat them. When you're at a very low level and the enemies only have somewhere around 20% resist to their school, you can get by with simply trying to deal more damage, but when the enemies have 80% resist, like the boss you must fight to get Sabertooth, you have to stick to using spells like spectral blast or chimera. This is extremely hard to do, as it takes more turns to do the same amount of damage. If you compare the level 88 spell quests to each other, you can see that balance is one of if not the hardest quests, simply because you are fighting a boss that is the same school as you. Even if another quest made you fight a boss with the same school as you, you would still have prisms to use. (For example, the storm quest makes you fight an ice with 4.5k health, whereas the balance quest makes you fight a balance with 16k health, and storms can do even more damage than balance!) Balance doesn't have prisms, and I understand why. There is no opposite class. But what if the prism would convert Balance to a random school, like how Gaze of Fate hits with a random school? I'm not saying you'd get the balance prism at the same time as other prisms, but I feel that there should be a balance prism, even if you get it in the arcanum or even later.

This is just my opinion, and you may feel differently. This may be somewhat biased as my school is balance, so if anyone disagrees, I'd love to hear why. Is the level 88 storm quest hard? Is the wiki simply inaccurate with the level 88 quests? It seems kind of odd that the storm quest makes you fight an ice with 4.5k health that doesn't even have tower shield, so the wiki may be wrong.

Eric Jademask, 76

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Eric JadeMask on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
I've noticed that when I'm soloing balance enemies with a balance character that it is extremely difficult to defeat them. When you're at a very low level and the enemies only have somewhere around 20% resist to their school, you can get by with simply trying to deal more damage, but when the enemies have 80% resist, like the boss you must fight to get Sabertooth, you have to stick to using spells like spectral blast or chimera. This is extremely hard to do, as it takes more turns to do the same amount of damage. If you compare the level 88 spell quests to each other, you can see that balance is one of if not the hardest quests, simply because you are fighting a boss that is the same school as you. Even if another quest made you fight a boss with the same school as you, you would still have prisms to use. (For example, the storm quest makes you fight an ice with 4.5k health, whereas the balance quest makes you fight a balance with 16k health, and storms can do even more damage than balance!) Balance doesn't have prisms, and I understand why. There is no opposite class. But what if the prism would convert Balance to a random school, like how Gaze of Fate hits with a random school? I'm not saying you'd get the balance prism at the same time as other prisms, but I feel that there should be a balance prism, even if you get it in the arcanum or even later.

This is just my opinion, and you may feel differently. This may be somewhat biased as my school is balance, so if anyone disagrees, I'd love to hear why. Is the level 88 storm quest hard? Is the wiki simply inaccurate with the level 88 quests? It seems kind of odd that the storm quest makes you fight an ice with 4.5k health that doesn't even have tower shield, so the wiki may be wrong.

Eric Jademask, 76
Welcome my good sir to the world of sorcery!

As this topic has been mentioned plenty of times, I know your not alone. From personal experience with balance, might I suggest extraordinary spell from Celestia! Slap that on a sandstorm (or Ra) use spectral blast and heal. Keep this process going with infallible spell aura (also from Celestia). In later levels use shadow shrike and counterforce spells. I also tend to use death spells, maybe a TC of scarecrow or deer knight would help.

Hope this helps!

Defender
Apr 03, 2016

Eric Jademask, 76
The Problem is, Balance is all about Chemistry. (well not that specifically but ill explain) The Chemistry where All are Equal. (sorry lol I dont even know what im saying) the Point is that Balance has no Opposite. Balance = Order and It has no "Opposite" its Opposite would be Chaos and There Is no Chaos School. I do know Wysterias "myth" school is named Chaos though Balance is already weak to the Spiritual Schools, Death Myth and Life. + even if it doesn't have any prisms. Chimera would be amazing on other balance schools. a 3-time Attack where the target is being attacked with their weaknesses 3 times for a ton of damage. + you can support yourself by casting balanceblade and spirit blade and enchanting it with sun school spells from Celestia. Balance's main Purpose is to support themselves or others, and you can truly support yourself by being balance to be at least strong enough to beat that boss your having trouble with.

And I had no trouble with those Ice type bosses, just used Sirens with a few blades and they were defeated.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Extraordianry? Nononono, Balance at high level has 80% resist like he said, extraordiary would take off 20%, 60% left, you're only gonna do 40%of your damage, around maybe a 50 if you have gear that pierces? AND AS A BALANCE YOU CANT USE BALANCE AGAINST BALANCE. You would have to use the magic form other schools because that resistance would prolong the battle too long and sprectral blast is nice but it's damage is only "game-changing" on a critical + enchant? Plus balance has no order to it and their powers are at random. So random that I can't even back the idea of a prism because it would most likely convert the damage into all school damage or just elemental or just spiritual side. Without a code in game to detect which damage is best for the situation, you're not gonna get far nut will get a lot of ticked off players.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Using extraordinary would change 80% resistance to a 60%, you're still only gonna do 40% damage, 50 if you have pierce. That's like fighting someone with a constant tower shield and will prolong the battle and you say use the aura to also increase pierce. Ok that's cool but how are you gonna do 20 to 40,000 in damage if you didn't critical? Not to mention that if you use extraordinary you can't use a can't use damage enchant? I find balance to be an unnecessary school for a prism only because, if it existed it would only convert the damage to any school, the elemental school, or the spiritual. But balance doesn't always work in the wizards favor with its randomness. You could convert your damage to any school randomly but depending on that opponents nature it will not only resist balance but it natural school as well and the game won't care not to mention balance has every shield in the game as a 50%...I say give balance a prism but the game should pick the best school damage to convert it to, otherwise your opponent will resist and your back at square one.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011

Eric Jademask, 76
I fully support this.