Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is your opinion on the fire & balance school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
So I was just wondering what your opinion on the fire and balance school is This is honestly 2 schools i do not have that much experience with and I would love to hear your opinion

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I have a fire wizard that I have been working on for about 2 years now. It's a very good school for hitting, although I recommend questing with others. As for balance, it is more weaker in the beginning of the game but it will be easier if you have another person with you.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
I don’t have a fire but they have a lot of Dot attacks like fire dragon and fire elf. Balance I have one at level 48 my third highest character and it’s kind of difficult for me to move on. I’m facing balance enemies and I have to go one on one with each of them in order to kill them. I wish they added a balance prism so it’s easier to kill enemies faster. I have spells that can kill the enemies like elemental blast and hydra but that means I need to reblade then shield them again. Also taking off weaknesses is annoying cause for balance I might have a blade and will be used when taking off weaknesses.

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
I have loved the fire school since I began playing this game. I love it because of the damage over time spells that come with it, such as fire elf and fire dragon. Even if the initial hit of a spell doesn't defeat the enemy, the rounds afterwards have always got my back. My only complaint is that the health could be upped a bit more. However, I think that just adds an element of challenge to the game.

No opinions on balance... never quite enjoyed playing it.

Survivor
May 30, 2016
Balance is a more technical school to play in that it does what it is described to do - blends all the other schools. I love my balance wizard. She has soloed most of the first arc, and also she's fun to play in a team. She can hit as well as support other wizards. Balance also can heal both themselves and other players, which comes in handy in a pinch.

While balance bosses can be tough, with good strategy they go down just like all the others. Don't be afraid to be creative and try unusual things when playing a balance wizard!

I'd say that good pip management is crucial to executing a balance wizard well, and also understanding exactly how many buffs you need to get the ko. Otherwise, you can overbuff or wait longer than you need for the infamous judgement.

I do not PVP, so I can't speak to that element of play. PVE is quite fun, challenging, and rewarding for a balance wizard.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I have a Fire and a Balance in Empyrea.

The Fire is easiest for me to just blaze through game content, with her currently only running into trouble with Storm mobs. (They tend to shield and their attacks are super-potent at that level.) All those AoE spells end battles fast. One of her best "defenses" is a well-timed Efreet spell. She also uses the Power Link (a DoT/heal spell) quite often. There have been many times where she left a battle at full health.

Except when fighting Storm, lately.

The Balance is more durable to withstand attacks in the short run, but she gains that resist at the cost of strength in attacking. Against Balance bosses she struggles to do enough damage that will end the battle. She got past Sycorax in Empyrea but it was rough. Generally, I have played her on teams instead of soloing, and she's pretty skilled at playing a support role. Spells that help her manipulate and control the battle (Loremaster, Mana Burn, Power Nova) can annoy and distract the enemy while her partner sets up a hit.

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I have both schools. They are both good, but I do prefer Balance over Fire as far as play style. I do think that Fire is more flashy than Balance sometimes (Scorching Scimitars looks better than Sand Wurm), but again- I just like Balance because it's more balanced.