Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-29-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
What a wonderful week, Wizards! And now, it's Friday, and time to chat.

We've been extremely excited to unveil this summer update, and now it's on Test Realm! From your first steps into The Spiral to the end of Unicorn Way, Renee Wooften and her team renovated quite a bit of Wizard City. For this week, we'd like to ask - what do you think of the new look and feel of Wizard City? Have you tried Classic Mode? Do you have a favorite change - perhaps the dye shop changing color or the updated library, or something else?

We hope you have an amazing Friday and superb weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
I said this before on the test realm section, but i'll say it here as well..

You really weren't kidding when everything old was going to become new again.. it's almost as if i'm playing an entirely different game! I look forward to the rest of wiz city + later worlds being updated!

I found myself more grasped by the smaller changes though, such as the new sound our characters make when they get hit, updated models for certain NPC's, (I did a Malistaire run just to see if he had changed there as well!) etc.

Of course, the hardest part of any revamp would still be to come, that being our player models, but you've put me under your spell with this test realm, and i hope you continue to wave your magic wand with this overhaul and make the earlier areas as best as they can be!

Survivor
Jun 12, 2014
Honestly, the new textures of Wizard City are an A+ in my book. I enjoyed running around the newly updated areas and looking at all the detail that Renee Wooften and her team have worked so hard on, they truly deserve applause. My personal favorite changes of it all would be the Ravenwood update, I found the new professor textures extreme;y nice.

Major applause to you guys for doing an amazing job, I look forward to seeing what's in store for the upcoming updates.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Ravenwood has been my favorite graphical update so far! I also love the new music. :D I have tried Classic Mode, but I doubt I'll ever go back to it again - unless I'm comparing the differences between the new & classic graphics. I've played the game since July of 2009 (nearing my 9th Wizardverysary in a few days). I will say that out of all of the Test Realm updates that I've tested, this has been my favorite. Amazing job, Kingsisle!

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I personally LOVE the new look of the new Wizard City. It gives me a feel of Avalon slightly, and also reminds me of a festival. It feels much smoother and the colors aren't as hard on the eyes. I also really like the new door to Nightside, its one of my favorite changes. My most favorite change, though, is photomancy. As a wizard that often takes amazing photos in the game and shares them online, I was often running into the issue of not being able to get the angle just right. I played around with photomancy in the test realm and I captured amazing photos that I never dreamed of being able to do! I didn't even turn on classic mode because I loved the new graphics so much. I started playing this game on July 26th of 2009, and seeing such a change makes me so happy!

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:
What a wonderful week, Wizards! And now, it's Friday, and time to chat.

We've been extremely excited to unveil this summer update, and now it's on Test Realm! From your first steps into The Spiral to the end of Unicorn Way, Renee Wooften and her team renovated quite a bit of Wizard City. For this week, we'd like to ask - what do you think of the new look and feel of Wizard City? Have you tried Classic Mode? Do you have a favorite change - perhaps the dye shop changing color or the updated library, or something else?

We hope you have an amazing Friday and superb weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!!

You were 100% right in KI live, why would you want to go back to classic version? The new place is gorgeous! It's like a little kid who created his artwork, and years later as an adult, they drew it again - stunning indeed!!!

Just one thing, I wish some of the NPCs had new appearances like
  • Mr. ToTo or Arthur Wethersfield
  • Gretta Darkkettle or Mildred Farseer
  • Gloria Krendell or Hilda Brewer - maybe a mystic lady with a caravan with alchemic smoke coming out who sells potions lol
At least a different color robe/dress, hair, or eyes. The shopkeepers are no big deal but quest NPCs...eh. Elik Silverfist gets a one of a kind appearance and he has never spoken at all in the past 10 yrs. Also in Firecat Ally, I think your home needs a little HD work professor, (no offensive lol) maybe Anna Flamewright can help?

Thanks for your time, great job!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
As of yesterday I'd only gotten to spend a little while poking around, but I was very very impressed. Today, sad to say, the Test Realm is closed. But so far -

New music is AMAZING! Though I do wish there was special carousel-esque music when you're on the carousel.

I love the general new looks and the softness but greater depth using higher contrasts and shading. It's all just so beautiful. I wish it extended to our character's faces. But today I WAS going to focus on noticing if it looked better once you do a new face instead of just looking in the mirror.
  • But I really wish there were a lot of new faces - can we please submit suggestions like was done with new clothing? That costume contest you ran a few years ago.
  • I REALLY wish we could change lip color too, though thank you very much for the eye color changes.
  • I'd love to see a few more skin tones added.
  • I wish there were more new hair styles and dyeable versions of the Crown Shop hair styles
  • I second someones wish that the face paint images be smaller and I'd like to see alternatives allowing us to put them on cheek, orbital area, temple and forehead.

I love how the wood of the Commons pier was integrated with the new bridge surface and OMG! the fountain is SO pretty.

Thank you all so much for such a beautiful update to my favorite area of the game

Survivor
May 01, 2016
I love almost everything about the update, but I really wish we had the option in game to change our names, and that names like Xavier, Zander, Xander, Xio, etc were added to the game. I would definitely like to emphasize that I love this update so much.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Yes, for the most part I think the update is wonderful. I find myself enjoying the sights and sounds most of all in Ravenwood. I will spin there for the music or just circle the place looking at the trees.

Speaking of trees. I love all the trees except for one. Blossom is improved from before, but she could be so much better. There are a few posts going on here (and w101central) going into detail over Blossom. She seems a bit drab in comparison to the other trees. I fully expected her to have light pink leaves and all the flowers in her canopy to be dusky rose or mauve colored. Or perhaps soft jade green leaves with candy pink flowers blooming all over her. Right now, Blossom just looks brown from treetop to roots. Also, another additional feature I would love to see is butterflies flitting about around her. All the other trees seem to have extra animations (Kelvin-Snowflakes, Torrence-Lightning/Rain, Ivan-Fireflies, Burnie-Glow), but Blossom doesn't have anything extra. Which only highlights how lackluster she is in comparison.

Classic Mode - Awesome, great idea. Any way you can make it a complete reversal. Right now the music doesn't revert.

Magic Mirror Shop - is another favorite place. I have been hoping for this for so long. I do think it needs some tweaks though. the female face #3 doesn't match the icon, nor does it accuratly represent the face currently from live. All the other original faces are as close to the original, but not face 3 - the differences: eyebrow shape, eye color, lip shape, and lip color - it's basically a brand new face. Which bothers me greatly since it was one of my favorites.

Housing items - there are so many re-textured items that have housing counterparts. Will these housing items get re-textured as well? The pen and ink, the school desks, teacher portraits, books/stacks, skulls. Can I please get the magic cards in the deck shop by the register as a housing item, as well as the many colored potion bottles? And so much more...

Thanks.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
My favorite is the Carousel. Being able to ride it is great, something I always wanted to do. I would love to craft a Carousel for my house that I can ride.
The whole make over is beautiful.
I also love the larger PVP area. It is amazed.
Very well done, ty

Survivor
Jan 16, 2012
I love the new Wizard City design! When I logged into the Test Realm, I felt the same wonder that I experienced when I booted up Wizard101 for the first time. The best part, I think, is the login screen, because I spend a lot of time switching between my characters. It looks absolutely amazing, and the new music is awesome, too.

The only part of the update that I don't like is that Classic Mode doesn't restore 100% of Wizard City. The skybox and music are two parts that I noticed in particular. The original Wizard City is really important to me, so even though I love and plan to use the update, it would be nice to know I could switch over to the 'completely' classic experience whenever I wanted.

Keep up the amazing work, KI!

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Wow! The new look is most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you and your team for everyone's hard work helping make this a beautiful, wonderful reality!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
As I have stated elsewhere, the attention to new details is amazing.

I specifically went and started a new wizard just to run through the new intro and Unicorn Way quests.

Again wow!

Love the fact that glasses will be available for our wizards.

I agree wholeheartedly that Blossom now looks (compared to the other trees) lifeless and drab.

Also the fact that none of the student NPCs have new animations sticks out like a sore thumb.

Cannot wait to see what Renee and her team have uncovered in Olde Town.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I love love love Unicorn Way, but I have to say the Life School is amazing!!! I love how the trees represent the school’s battle mechanics: is a slow burning defeat, has a wall of snow around it, is a continuous downpour, represents sanctuary and healing, represents elusiveness, and is mortality. My only question is will we see the balance school revamped on the inside to match what we’ve seen with Ravenwood?

P.S.: the whiteboard in the Life school still says “Cast a Bounceback” under Today’s Lesson, suggesting that we may actually be able to learn the spell someday!!!

Regards,
Legacy

Survivor
Jul 12, 2015
I absolutely love the new update! My most favorite thing out of all is the Magic Mirror! It's so amazing! I also love the Wizard City! It's all amazing!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I like the entire concept of the enemy vs enemy thing going on in the arena. It just needs major bug fixing. Once you get it working properly, give it a much bigger (and regularly expanded) list of things to spawn. Have one side be the monstrology minion version of various monsters, and the other side be the monstrodome versions (to prevent cheats and keep things even) of the same list of monsters. And obviously add combat view for spectators.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I love the new updated graphics in test Realm, now if you can only update the graphics of all the Spells and maybe eventually in the future work the graphics to the same level as the Wizard101 commercials. But yes,updating the rest of the world of of Wizard 101 and all the Spells would definitely be next on the list.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Loving the update! I do hope that the team plans to update the entire first arc at least, also doing Celestia and Zafaria wouldn’t hurt. Also hope our wizards eventually get an update as well, and the hands of character models still look pretty bad.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2013
TO be honest, I love everything about this update EXCEPT the music in Ravenwood. I understand the Ambience aspect. However, I will miss the original Ravenwood soundtrack so much because that was pure wizard101.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
One of my favorite changes to Wizard City was that many "older" creature models on Unicorn Way also got an update - skeletal pirates, skeletal knights, seraphs, dark sprites, and ghosts.

I'd love to see more creature models get updated in the future like trolls, fire elves, evil snowmen, minotaurs, ghouls, scarecrows, banshees, colossi, treants, etc. And if we could make them into house guests with monstrology that would be even better!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Thank you to the team at KI for their amazing work on Wizard City so far!

Things that made me squeak with joy when I first saw/heard them:

1) The new musical theme playing in the launch room. Oh! how Harry Potteresque it sounds.

2) The gorgeous textures, colors, flowers and trees all over Wizard City. It's all so lively now!

3) Nightside. OMG, that misty, mysterious cave is absolutely AMAZING! There's fog!!!!

4) The classrooms in Ravenwood (and their tower rooms across the way). The details in each are now so unique that I went back to the original view ... and realized some of them had been there all along, but so subtle that I'd missed them. (Example, soot in the Fire class, vines in the Life class.) Also love that the windows are now "sunny" instead of being all boarded up.

5) The music in Ravenwood. It's just as lovely as the Arcanum theme - when can I get a music scroll?!?!

6) Animated faces on most of the main NPCs. Wonderful!

7) Renee and her crew discovering a mysterious cave near the Bazaar that leads to ... where? (Oh, does this play into a future storyline? Will there be teleporters in the near future? A new skeleton key boss? Something else?)

Three minor flaws in the update:
Moolinda Woo has shrunk?! I liked her better in her original "cow" size.
Blossom the Life tree is strangely bland compared to the other trees.
The "student" NPCs like Ceren Nightchant don't have animated faces. Hopefully that will change in the near future?

One suggestion:
Nerfing Bad Juju to 25% of total max health is too extreme. I think a better idea is to make it 25% of existing health. That will still make it costly, but not remove all utility from the spell the way the current nerf does.

And one missed detail:
Inside the Storm party room, the right side lamp doesn't have a 'flame' in it like the left side lamp has.

Thank you!!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I absolutely love this update! My favorite is ravenwood, the commons, and nightside. The fact that nightside is getting updated, makes me really proud to be a max level death!

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Revered Crafter
Only Mostly Done

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I like the way the water is so clear, I can see my feet.
Also you are looking much better, the way your hair moves, love your new Dress, It looks great.
Maybe someday my hair will move and not be so stiff.
But ya, the life tree does not look like life, maybe if you changed the life tree leaves with the myth tree leaves, that would better.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I give this new look and music an A+. Wizard City is more lively and make me feel I'm in the game. My favorite change is the NPCs mouth movements, walking and the decorations of flowers and plants. I'd like to see Teleport Hubs all over Wizard City for faster questing on Daily Assignments and for new players who don't have mounts. I hope KI will do the same update to all worlds in the 1 arc and beyond