Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questing Dialogue

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Hello Wizards of Wizard City!

I recently came back to Wizard101 after a long time break and I have to say that I enjoy all the new graphics and textures Kingsisle added to the game. The game looks beautiful and a lot cleaner. My question for the game is this. After having come back to the game after a long break, I'm questing on my new Wizard who is level 22 Storm and when I'm questing, I like to hear out the questing dialogue, even though most people skip it to quest faster. I get that people have membership time, but my membership won't run out till next June of 2019 and I want to play through the game while enjoying the story mode. So my question is this. Is it wrong of me to hear out the dialogue instead of skipping it? There are some major plot twists and turns in this game that I want to enjoy. It's like reading my own personal horror story. People bully and harass me too much because I'm always late to the battle quests, but I'm also trying to enjoy the story, which is why I quest solo. Big shoutout to the Kingsisle artists for making the game beautiful and the writers who wrote an awesome story plot for the game. Keep up the hard work! It breaks my heart that people always bully me for not skipping the dialogue and being late to combat.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 22 Diviner)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
crimsonreaper5 on Jun 29, 2018 wrote:
Hello Wizards of Wizard City!

I recently came back to Wizard101 after a long time break and I have to say that I enjoy all the new graphics and textures Kingsisle added to the game. The game looks beautiful and a lot cleaner. My question for the game is this. After having come back to the game after a long break, I'm questing on my new Wizard who is level 22 Storm and when I'm questing, I like to hear out the questing dialogue, even though most people skip it to quest faster. I get that people have membership time, but my membership won't run out till next June of 2019 and I want to play through the game while enjoying the story mode. So my question is this. Is it wrong of me to hear out the dialogue instead of skipping it? There are some major plot twists and turns in this game that I want to enjoy. It's like reading my own personal horror story. People bully and harass me too much because I'm always late to the battle quests, but I'm also trying to enjoy the story, which is why I quest solo. Big shoutout to the Kingsisle artists for making the game beautiful and the writers who wrote an awesome story plot for the game. Keep up the hard work! It breaks my heart that people always bully me for not skipping the dialogue and being late to combat.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 22 Diviner)
Sorry this is happening to you. I also LOVE the stories and enjoy listening to them read out. It is one of the reasons I usually solo but if people want to join me I warn them I'm going to listen to every word of the dialogue and enjoy it! If they want to go faster they can feel free to leave me behind but I won't be rushed

I don't have questing buddies because I'm a nightmare for anyone wanting to quest fast. I enjoy pottering about getting lost, picking up reagents, jumping into an occasional silver chest, celebrating a level-up by pet training and of course, listening to every word of the dialogue!

I do have friends I chat with though and some of them could be seen as 'dungeon buddies'. If I try a dungeon/battle a few times and keep failing I'll ask them to give me a hand with it. I hardly ever ask for help and they know I'm not going to rope them into helping me with hours of questing so they are happy to help.

I've been surprised at how many 'difficult' battles I have managed to solo (even if it took a few attempts). If I am farming for something I'll get a team because farming is better fast but I'll do the dungeon as a quest and listen to the dialogue on the first run still.

Add the nice people you meet while questing and chat to them even though they go speeding ahead. They're leveling faster but if you need a helping hand they could be people you can ask to run a dungeon or battle with you. The not-so-nice people can be added to your ignore list so you don't land up with them on a team-up in future or have to hear their criticism if you bump into them again. If you want to add my life wiz as a dungeon buddy let me know, she will keep you alive and be happy to wait while you listen to dialogue

Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I for one have always enjoyed the dialogue boxes. I do not understand why people breeze through them. Especially if they run far enough ahead that I get stuck in an earlier part of the dungeon because I can't advance until I've clicked through all the boxes.

If you are looking for a questing buddy who understands the desire for boxes, reagents, silver chests, etc, I offer my services.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 30, 2018 wrote:
Sorry this is happening to you. I also LOVE the stories and enjoy listening to them read out. It is one of the reasons I usually solo but if people want to join me I warn them I'm going to listen to every word of the dialogue and enjoy it! If they want to go faster they can feel free to leave me behind but I won't be rushed

I don't have questing buddies because I'm a nightmare for anyone wanting to quest fast. I enjoy pottering about getting lost, picking up reagents, jumping into an occasional silver chest, celebrating a level-up by pet training and of course, listening to every word of the dialogue!

I do have friends I chat with though and some of them could be seen as 'dungeon buddies'. If I try a dungeon/battle a few times and keep failing I'll ask them to give me a hand with it. I hardly ever ask for help and they know I'm not going to rope them into helping me with hours of questing so they are happy to help.

I've been surprised at how many 'difficult' battles I have managed to solo (even if it took a few attempts). If I am farming for something I'll get a team because farming is better fast but I'll do the dungeon as a quest and listen to the dialogue on the first run still.

Add the nice people you meet while questing and chat to them even though they go speeding ahead. They're leveling faster but if you need a helping hand they could be people you can ask to run a dungeon or battle with you. The not-so-nice people can be added to your ignore list so you don't land up with them on a team-up in future or have to hear their criticism if you bump into them again. If you want to add my life wiz as a dungeon buddy let me know, she will keep you alive and be happy to wait while you listen to dialogue

Good luck and enjoy the journey!
Lol, you're just like me. I too celebrate every level up by training my pet in the Pet Pavilion. I have to admit, some of the dialogue is really funny and Wizard101's storyline has A LOT of twists and turns to it and I enjoy a good novel when I see one. Wizard101 is no different, it's just like I'm reading a book and I never know what's going to happen next as I follow through in my journey to the next world and the next. I'd be happy to friend your life wizard if you want to! I'll say this, props to whoever at Kingsisle made the Accused Play Gauntlet. I listened to the Dialogue read out and, my word, it was so funny! For everyone who has the Accursed Play Gauntlet, I highly recommend listening to the dialogue read out, it gave me a good chuckle, especially since I actually read Shakespeare's "Tragedy of Macbeth." I'm also a nightmare for people wanting to quest fast because I don't like skipping any dialogue on my first run through of the game. For any future Wizards I make, I'll usually skip the dialogue since I've already heard it once, but people out there don't understand that some of us, like you and me, like to take our time questing. My membership is good until next year, June 2019, so that's all the more reason for me to not rush through Wizard101. I have more than enough membership time to listen through the dialogue on my first run through of the game and that's what I'm going to do. People wanting to quest fast can leave me behind, but only the people with the kindest heart will allow me to fully hear out the dialogue being read out. Thank you for having a good heart, Victoria FireHeart!

Survivor
May 30, 2016
Add me to the love the dialogue, listen to everything, wander around and do All The Things crowd

Don't let people bully you. You are playing the game the way YOU enjoy it, and that is entirely the point!

Feel free to find me any time. I'm either soloing or questing with my friend Valerian, wizard extraordinaire. Like the others, I'm happy to be your "going slowly to enjoy the flowers" questing or dungeon buddy.

Moira Storyweaver, 53
Rowan Spiritflower, 27
Iridian Winterwraith, 32

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
crimsonreaper5 on Jun 30, 2018 wrote:
Lol, you're just like me. I too celebrate every level up by training my pet in the Pet Pavilion. I have to admit, some of the dialogue is really funny and Wizard101's storyline has A LOT of twists and turns to it and I enjoy a good novel when I see one. Wizard101 is no different, it's just like I'm reading a book and I never know what's going to happen next as I follow through in my journey to the next world and the next. I'd be happy to friend your life wizard if you want to! I'll say this, props to whoever at Kingsisle made the Accused Play Gauntlet. I listened to the Dialogue read out and, my word, it was so funny! For everyone who has the Accursed Play Gauntlet, I highly recommend listening to the dialogue read out, it gave me a good chuckle, especially since I actually read Shakespeare's "Tragedy of Macbeth." I'm also a nightmare for people wanting to quest fast because I don't like skipping any dialogue on my first run through of the game. For any future Wizards I make, I'll usually skip the dialogue since I've already heard it once, but people out there don't understand that some of us, like you and me, like to take our time questing. My membership is good until next year, June 2019, so that's all the more reason for me to not rush through Wizard101. I have more than enough membership time to listen through the dialogue on my first run through of the game and that's what I'm going to do. People wanting to quest fast can leave me behind, but only the people with the kindest heart will allow me to fully hear out the dialogue being read out. Thank you for having a good heart, Victoria FireHeart!
I have 9 wizards who quest and I listen to the dialogue on all of them even though I've heard it before! I love it!

Let me know your availability, time zone and name of your wizard then I'll let you know what time I can make it and where to meet. It's tricky meeting up via here so I'll give a few times within your availability with a few days so if you don't see it in time we just default to the next. I have more than one account so it's no big deal if my wiz is waiting because I'll still be gardening or doing things on the other account