Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance or fire for my final wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
A bit about my self:
I have a prodigious storm in Khrhysalis, an archmage myth in Azteca, a legendary ice in Zafaria, a master life in Dragonspyre, an adept balance in Krokotopia probably, and a novice death in WizardCity.
I like to be able to do a decent amount of damage whilst also being able to support. My storm and myth both second life, and I use taunt and spam shields on my allies when on my ice. My two favorite schools to play so far have been the polar(Pardon the pun) opposites of storm and ice. On storm, I love the sheer damage I can do, whilst also enjoying the look of the spells. On ice, I like the sheer tankiness, whilst also liking snow angel. I don't like my myth, but only because as my first wizard, he has terrible gear and terrible training point allocation. I don't mind teaming up, but I normally prefer to go solo when possible.

It's not that I don't like my balance, I like the spells and find the play style acceptable. I just wonder if I'd like fire more. I'm hoping that people who have played the school can give me insight about the play styles at higher levels, and how they personally feel about the school.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
jwheaton9634 on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
A bit about my self:
I have a prodigious storm in Khrhysalis, an archmage myth in Azteca, a legendary ice in Zafaria, a master life in Dragonspyre, an adept balance in Krokotopia probably, and a novice death in WizardCity.
I like to be able to do a decent amount of damage whilst also being able to support. My storm and myth both second life, and I use taunt and spam shields on my allies when on my ice. My two favorite schools to play so far have been the polar(Pardon the pun) opposites of storm and ice. On storm, I love the sheer damage I can do, whilst also enjoying the look of the spells. On ice, I like the sheer tankiness, whilst also liking snow angel. I don't like my myth, but only because as my first wizard, he has terrible gear and terrible training point allocation. I don't mind teaming up, but I normally prefer to go solo when possible.

It's not that I don't like my balance, I like the spells and find the play style acceptable. I just wonder if I'd like fire more. I'm hoping that people who have played the school can give me insight about the play styles at higher levels, and how they personally feel about the school.
Personally if I was to miss out a school it would be either Balance or Myth. If I was only going to have 3 wizards it would be life & storm as top two and definitely fire as the 3rd. I totally LOVE my fire wizzy and she's great fun both solo and in a team. If I was choosing, I'd choose Fire

You're the only one who can make the decision and I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you choose