Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ability to Play All Seven Schools

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
Hello again,

I have created a character for each school except for ice because there are only six character slots instead of seven.
Would it be possible to allow us one more character slot so that we could play all seven schools? I would certainly like to do that.
I was thinking, on the character selection screen when you boot up the game, there are still four extra desks that characters are not using. Perhaps you could activate one of those desks/slots so we could play every school?

-- Adam RedDust 123

Defender
May 11, 2013
Has been talked about over and over since the game was in the first year. They have not added it yet and the only reason they would is to make what players they still have happy.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
RedDragon877 on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
Has been talked about over and over since the game was in the first year. They have not added it yet and the only reason they would is to make what players they still have happy.
New and Old players both have requested this feature. Changing your character appearance was a much requested feature too, so maybe in the next ten years? (Hopefully sooner than that). Change your name is still up there too!

Defender
May 11, 2013
exp613 on Jun 27, 2018 wrote:
New and Old players both have requested this feature. Changing your character appearance was a much requested feature too, so maybe in the next ten years? (Hopefully sooner than that). Change your name is still up there too!
True, But changing the characters appearance makes them money having a 7th character does not.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
RedDragon877 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
True, But changing the characters appearance makes them money having a 7th character does not.
Yes it would and no it would not.

As it stands, there are quite a few players who run two accounts just to be able to have a wizard from all 7 schools. KI certainly makes money on the those extra accounts. So by adding the 7th slot, KI would (possibly) lose the income from those running extra accounts. I say possibly because who knows, maybe those with extra accounts would still keep the accounts and enjoy running 14 wizards as opposed to 12.

Yes it wold make extra money because those of who buy crowns for our current six wizards would buy for the 7th as well.

I suspect that there's more to it than clicking a button from 6 to 7 seven, but if KI thought the profits from adding a 7th slot would be worth it, they would.

I also suspect that the notion of six character slots was originally intended for an entire family to play and only needing one account as opposed to one person running wizards from each school.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
They could always put purchase-able character slots in the crown shop or website shop. That would not only make them money, considering it's a highly requested feature and it would be quickly put in use by those who have already 'completed' the game, but it would also make those who not only need the feature via lack of things to do or those who want the feature happy.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
RedDragon877 on Jun 28, 2018 wrote:
I don't understand this argument? You could charge for a 7th character slot too?

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
I agree with this completely, people have been asking for 10 years for them to add another character slot. I'd pay crowns to unlock it if I had to. I'd prefer if it were free, but if it had to cost crowns, at least it's there, and I'd definitely buy it. I'm sure a lot of other players would too. I've wanted to have every school on my account for ages but I've never been able to, and I keep deleting wizards and making new ones because I can't decide which school to exclude.