Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should equipment sets include MOUNTS?

Yes.
82% [38]
No.
8% [4]
Other.
8% [4]

Feedback Friday 6-22-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, it's summer, it's sunny, and I couldn't be happier! Let's chat on a new topic, shall we?

Today, let's chat about sets. Do you think MOUNTS should be included in equipment sets? Please vote on the poll and feel free to elaborate on your answer with a reply to this post!

Looking forward to your vote, and your feedback. Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
Of course! I like to have a theme with my wizards, and sometimes a mount ties into that. For example, what good is an angel without any wings?

On a similar note, with +50% mounts and minor stat-boosting mounts being a thing now, i feel it's also a reasonable suggestion for mount stitching to happen. Sure, the extra boosts are nice, but sometimes the mount doesn't just fit the look i'm going for. A stitch could easily fix this problem though!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I like the idea in general so I voted "yes" --

I was thinking that since we're getting stats attached to the mounts now, why not?

I'd like to see variable stats on mounts so depending on the character's level it boosted whatever it boosts proportionally to the level.

I'd also like to see mounts that were targeted at schools.

So:
Life mounts have an in & out heal boost and an extra trigger push for pet heals more often --or the mount has a may cast heal too.
Death mounts have a may cast feint and 2 new health draw hits.
Myth mounts have accuracy boost and 3 new 0 pip minion cards, that can't be reshuffled - zero pip because if it was a may cast that could interfere with team mates joining or returning to battle.

Balance mounts have a 3 universal prisms that turn any damage to Shadow Damage

Fire mounts have a base accuracy boost and an extra accuracy & damage for DOTs
Storm mounts have an accuracy and a damage boost.
Ice mounts have a health boost and a damage boost.
Shadow mounts have may cast Shadow Blade, and a big Shadow Pip boost.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Yes, please include mounts in equipment sets - especially since some mounts now give added bonuses to your wizard stats. Also, while we are at it, please double or triple the amount of available equipment sets. There are so many more gear set combinations I want to add for instant use. Thanks.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jun 22, 2018 wrote:
It's Friday, it's summer, it's sunny, and I couldn't be happier! Let's chat on a new topic, shall we?

Today, let's chat about sets. Do you think MOUNTS should be included in equipment sets? Please vote on the poll and feel free to elaborate on your answer with a reply to this post!

Looking forward to your vote, and your feedback. Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Yes, I enjoy a wide variety of mounts to go with certain "looks" aka gear sets.

Two suggestions to go with this...

1) Mount stitching - I really dislike bulky mounts that block the the majority of the screen. Being able to use a smaller sleeker mount and add my stat-bonus to it would be great.
2) Retain mount stats when using a two player mount - I dislike that in order to ride in a multi-player mount you have to dismount, thus also removing my mount's stat bonus.
3) Mount sockets - If mount stitching is not going to happen, give us the ability to socket any mount we want with a new "mount" jewel (a moon shape perhaps?) so we can use the mount we want with the stat bonus that suits our needs.

Thanks,
Destiny DreamWeaver

Survivor
Jul 12, 2015
Yea! I think mounts should be in sets! It would be awesome because if you had entire sets and mounts from packs you could bunch them together!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
This is cool!

Are polls reserved for faculty only?

Steven Ghoststalker

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
A mount as an optional set item is welcomed and appreciated.
I wonder if in addition to this...
...you'd make a set that provides players an increased bonus to all stats, when wearing everything included in the set

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I stated other, because my answer isnt a simple yes or no. If mounts ARE going to be part of gear sets, then the mounts stats need to work places where you're not on your mount, like sigils. That's been one of my biggest beefs with stat enhancing mounts; once you get on a sigil, you lose any benefit they yielded

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Please create more polling questions such as this one; especially when it comes on to our input on future updates or the test realm.

Great way for us to voice our input!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
It would be good if the stats on a mount could be included if it is in the gear set and in your backpack but you're riding something else. I like the boosts and feel guilty to my team if I choose not to use them just because I fancy running about on a different mount. I'd love to be able to still get my little boost while also being able to run free on a different mount...I have loads of cool mounts and love the temp mounts too

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I have always liked to use the Big Cat Mounts. I just wish I could stitch the talents to them from the other mounts like the ghulture.
I voted yes to this idea. I like everything to match, Gear, pets and mounts.
I would also like to see some new athames, rings and amulets in the crown shop for higher levels.
I am not a fan of farming for items.
But, I did farm darkmoor to get all the gear for my seven wizards and it took over 50 runs to get my fire robe.
(I have the golden keys to prove it)
So stats are important to me. If they are better than Darkmoor stats, I will buy for each of my wizards.
If the stats take away the resistance and critical, No sale here.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
My concern about mounts in equipment bundles would be the prices. It would be nice to have the option to buy a bundle either with or without a mount.

For example, I feel like the starter bundles are all a tad bit expensive for low-leveled gear. The starter bundle equipment is pretty good, and I feel like it would last a wizard until about level 30 at which point senator/Zeus gear and the Sky Iron Hasta from Aquila would be an improvement. However, the 7500 crowns price tag on starter bundles is quite a lot when you compare it to level 5-25 crowns gear in the crown shop. I figure the extra price on starter bundles stems from the fact that it also comes with a mount. It would be nice to have the option to just buy the equipment for a cheaper price if that was all you were after.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I don't really understand your question!

I think that generally speaking people prefer a mount over not having a mount. And I also think that there is a big demand for multiple person mounts! (I really would like a Hydra. The Clown Car-I like the idea- just not the style for me and my Wizards!)

Survivor
Jun 16, 2017
Pierce Mounts, Damage Mounts, Accuracy Mounts, Power Pip Mount, even Healing boost mounts. With so many options, it would make sense to have different mounts per equipment set.

I'm balance, there are times when I need to go offensive, I can use my balance ghulture, and there are times when, as a balance, I'm the backbone of the team, providing support. If I had the 2% Healing mount, that would go great with my Jade gear.

As other people have mentioned, it provides a complete change in terms of visuals. Sometimes its nice to switch it up a little :P

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
If and only if it is a stat-boosting mount, and when the player makes the equipment set, they should be asked whether they want to include it or not.

Administrator
Thanks everyone for the feedback! Seems that the idea of including a mount with equipment pre-sets would be popular, and we appreciate the other mount suggestions, we'll keep that in mind for future updates.

We'll start a new topic shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea