Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turning Gold into Crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2018
So I love that you can use your crowns to get gold but I have a bunch of gold that I would love to turn into crowns and I cant. I wish there was a way to turn gold into crowns, anyone else with me?

Survivor
Jun 26, 2016
I have been wanting to be able to do this for awhile, too. Of course, there will always be the argument that "Kingsisle would lose too much money!" which, in the long term, probably translates to never going to happen.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Arae28183 on Jun 17, 2018 wrote:
So I love that you can use your crowns to get gold but I have a bunch of gold that I would love to turn into crowns and I cant. I wish there was a way to turn gold into crowns, anyone else with me?
It would either have to be:

1. A HUGE amount of gold for a TINY amount of crowns

The downside to this is that there would be extensive criticism claiming KI is not being generous enough. We saw this with the Daily Assignments where KI generously put a few crowns in a prize instead of just gold. People were not appreciative of the bonus; they were critical that it was not enough. If it had just been another reward of gold or arena tickets it wouldn't have been as useful or generous but people would have accepted it.

2. Have some other way for it to make actual cash for KI

There is no way the business would survive if they made converting gold into crowns competitive with the ease of buying crowns or everyone buying crowns would stop. Gold is available in abundance. The other ways (other than the above mentioned Daily Assignments) to get 'free' crowns are all funded by advertising. We can earn them through trivia or by watching the adverts in game but KI still make real money from it to use to pay staff and develop the game further.

I really like that KI has come up with other ways for players to get crowns without it damaging revenue. The balance of time v money is reasonable because those who have no access to crowns will do their trivia etc but those of us who buy them will still spend.

I have memberships running all year on my accounts but I admit that I spend more on crowns in a year than the memberships. I also admit that if gold could be converted into enough crowns I'd stop buying them and use gold instead - I can get plenty of gold easily - or at very least I'd buy fewer crowns. I think if they did introduce a way to convert gold to crowns there would be disappointment at the exchange rate or limitations they would have to put on it to protect revenue.

To make more 'free' crowns available we need to think of ways KI would still make real money from it like the earn crowns videos and trivia etc. Gold doesn't do that but maybe something else would?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Gold is practically unlimited. If 1 Gold can turn into 1 Crown, nobody would buy crowns anymore.