Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-15-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday, and it's time for feedback, so let's get to it!

This week, we released the new Moonblade Pantera mount, which you may recognize from Avalon. Ever since that corner of the Spiral has been traversed, we've had requests for the Pantera to be made into a mount. We're happy to finally have a chance to add it! In that vein, let's talk about what could be next...

If you could take one monster from the Spiral, and tame it to be your mount, what would you choose? A Beastman from Empyrea? A Wurmling from Mirage? Let us know!

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I don't think we have any bear mounts. That's a base design that can get some good mileage on variations.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Malistaire the Undying XD

Ok but in all seriousness, the Boa fett guy in mirage was cool. Imagine sitting on his back and slithering around.

Survivor
May 24, 2012
Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
I vote for untamed magic! More specifically the casting symbols from the Professor's Hoard Pack in the non-player schools...

Cast Symbol Star!
Cast Symbol Moon!
Cast Symbol Sun!
Cast Symbol Shadow!

...because come on, their cast gryphs are so much cooler than ours.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2012
I would love the Spider Magi from Khrysalis to be a mount!

Daniel
Champion Necromancer lvl 125
Only Mostly Done
Revered Crafter

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
The Terror from the tunnel dungeon in Anathor would make an amazing mount.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2017
First of all, I join my voice with counless others in recognizing the upcoming accomplishment.
Secondly, going completely off the trail, I would like to submit an idea for consideration/amusement. Give the power of Critical to the Pets . Of course there are conditions/rules as well as decisions to be upheld with this and I will mention a few just to start the converstion.
  1. The wizard needs to be at a level that they can go critical. I believe this starts at 50.
  2. The pet needs to be at a level to go critical. Suggesting starting at Mega.
  3. The wizard and the pet need to be partners. This will prevent a lower level wizard from having a higher level pet and expect that pet to go critical.
  4. The percentage that the pet has relies on the wizard, irregardless of school (i.e) a balance wizard with a 116 critical rating and a secondary school of life at a 85 critical rating has a pet from the life school. The pet then would have the 85% critical chance. Same scenerio with wizard but the pet is from another school. That pet, (fire elf) would draw its critical rating from the wizard whether that is higher, lower, or not at all, depending what the wizard has for that particular school.
  5. The pet's abilities are not emcumbered by who activates them. A samori gives a unicorn card at baby and is activated by the wizard, although the samori casts the spell. As the samori matures the ability to either cast a sprite or fairy falls entirely upon the pet with no prompt from the wizard. In both cases, if the critical status activates, it should be able to do so without affecting the wizard what so ever. The pet is the only one who goes criical.
There are also decisions that need to be addressed but character restraints prevent this. I would welcome suggestions, ideas, thoughts, questions, comments from Kingsisle by the use of E-Mail that is on file

Thank you for your time, and consideration.
With regards,
Patrick Donaghy (Patrick/Patrick/Patrick/Belgrim)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
Personally, I want to ride the Jade Oni. I feel like this would be a silly mount, that allows you to march on into battle riding a giant green elephant. This is a silly suggestion, and I hope you like my idea. - Wolf DeathStone

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:

This week, we released the new Moonblade Pantera mount, which you may recognize from Avalon. Ever since that corner of the Spiral has been traversed, we've had requests for the Pantera to be made into a mount. We're happy to finally have a chance to add it! In that vein, let's talk about what could be next...

If you could take one monster from the Spiral, and tame it to be your mount, what would you choose? A Beastman from Empyrea? A Wurmling from Mirage? Let us know!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Bane Wyrm or Terror hound

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
the Burning Flame Wing from Dragonspyre, the Forum - Greyscale's Tower

Survivor
Jun 02, 2018
Survivor
Apr 06, 2013
Professor Falmea on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:

To KI, I want a Dolphin Mount, and a Dolphin world with a Dolphin House and all Dolphin things like pets, Furniture, Wall Paper and Flooring, my wand would have a Dolphin sound when it cast spells. I Love the color Blue ... so there would be all kinds of Blue thing also to accent the Dolphin things. And Dolphins on my new Blue Clothes, Wand, and other Gear of course. Giggle

I also Love Cherries. I wish I could have Dolphins and Cherry stuff in my new world. I am a 47 year old woman, but inside I feel like a Giant two year old that wants to play. : )

anyway, that is what I would want in Wizard and Pirate 101

God Bless,
Kathryn Kespohl

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
I got my family to do this!

The quetzals from Azteca would be a cool mount.
-Taryn StormSinger, Chase FrostBreath

The Draconions from Dragonspyre
-Allan LionSinger

For me it would have to be, the Polaris penguins would be fun. They could ride on you back looking into a telescope!
-Shadow's Eye

(Just so you know, Shadow's Eye stands for my team of wizards; Zachary SpiritLeaf, Lauren MythMask, Isaac, Noah StarLeaf, Morgrim StarBlossom, James RavenCatcher.)

Survivor
Apr 16, 2016
A Fierce Quetzal from Azteca would be great.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2013
I have been thinking along the lines of collecting animus in order to make some of the creatures into mounts. It would have people farming and active at SEVERAL locations that I know of. I was thinking in particular of the dragons throughout Avalon and within Winterbane and the Grand Tourney Gauntlet. I would LOVE to have Erikur Axebreaker as a mount, or perhaps Firespitter..or... Well, to be honest, almost any of the dragons since I love dragons and as each of them is different in appearance. Wouldn't it be a point of pride if, say, you could have tamed the Jabberwock, or better yet Shadowwock through monstrology??

Survivor
Feb 03, 2012
a dyeable dragon just like the pets you can get in wizard city would be great

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
yes I would love a beastmen from empyrea to be a pet. Also I would like an shadow sentinel or fiend pet or an omen pet.

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
I would like to see a quetzal as a mount, I think it would look pretty cool. Also, someone suggested one of the penguins in Polaris riding on your back while looking into a telescope, and I’d love to see that too!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
fire 125 on Jun 16, 2018 wrote:
yes I would love a beastmen from empyrea to be a pet. Also I would like an shadow sentinel or fiend pet or an omen pet.
There's already a beastman pet in the crown shop though.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
I'm surprised nobody has said this yet, but...

A HECKING FIRECAT!!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My Fire wizard would love to ride a Wildfire Treeant or a Burning Flamewing Dragon!

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Wildfire_Treant#axzz5IcogKSkV

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Burning_Flamewing#axzz5IcogKSkV

My Ice wizard would enjoy riding a snowman.

That's all I can think of for now. Besides, there are already several fantastic ideas on this thread.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
May 17, 2014
We need a plain dragon mount. Also a firecat.