Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Long Spell Animations Reduced/Changed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Can the animation of the spell Ra be changed or shortened? It is an obnoxiously long animation so I avoid using it for farming even though Ra is more powerful than Nova. I would love to see the ray from Ra's key, just zap through all 4 opponents like a "spacebeam laser" that carves a plasma line in the ground. Also could Frost Giant's stun animation blow on "all opponents in a row" instead of him blowing on each opponent individually? Then stun shields can show up afterwards. The same could be said of Storm Lord. Can spells have different animations and players can select which animation they want to see e.g. a short or long animation? Or spells have multiple animations and it's random which animation appears when casted? Anyway, I just want some long spells to be shortened in order for them to be more practical to farm with.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2018
As an ice wizard I totally agree. Frost giant ( and Ra ) needs to be shortened.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Forest Lord needs to be shorten too.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Ever since the Khrullu fix, we've been asking for them to go back and do it to ALL AoE spells to shorten them up. There is a crazy amount of time spent in the game slowing us down. Spells being shortened is only ONE thing I have an issue with in the tempo of the game. I won't hijack the thread with the others though :)

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Hmm interseting idea, I would like that but I haven't gotten Ra or Frost Giant, oh and when your in a battle with four, Humungofrog takes awhile

-Lauren MythMask, Morgrim StarBlossom

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
dayerider on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
Ever since the Khrullu fix, we've been asking for them to go back and do it to ALL AoE spells to shorten them up. There is a crazy amount of time spent in the game slowing us down. Spells being shortened is only ONE thing I have an issue with in the tempo of the game. I won't hijack the thread with the others though :)
Wait Khrullu used to be a one at a time thing? Wow that must have taken forever.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
Forest Lord needs to be shorten too.
My main Wizards are / (both Max level, though I do play the others schools as I can) and all I can say is that Forest Lord needs it more. That takes forever....

Helpful Tip for Balance Wizards: Just sing to yourself as you cast Ra: "Ra Ra ooh la laaa, Ga Ga ooh, ma maaa" It makes it more fun and increases the immersion. I do! Haha

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DemonHunter157 on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
Wait Khrullu used to be a one at a time thing? Wow that must have taken forever.
yup, and absolutely! It would get summoned, rise out of the water, hit the first, drop down, turn around and rise from the water, feed you the health, drop down and turn around, hit the second enemy, drop down and turn around, then feed you the health, etc. We all BEGGED them to fix it, and we have the version we have now. Look on youtube for the spell and you should find the original animation for it. If they did a minor update, and updated ALL of the AoE spells' animation, they'd get a LOT of cheers (and yes, boos too) from players.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
exp613 on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:
My main Wizards are / (both Max level, though I do play the others schools as I can) and all I can say is that Forest Lord needs it more. That takes forever....

Helpful Tip for Balance Wizards: Just sing to yourself as you cast Ra: "Ra Ra ooh la laaa, Ga Ga ooh, ma maaa" It makes it more fun and increases the immersion. I do! Haha
LOL, That's an idea. Sing a song about your spells, add a little humor and there you go.