Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Follow the Leader!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I would love to see an option to select the wizard you are helping and be able to follow their quest and arrow while helping them.

So often I help someone and they don't communicate where they're going next or what their next defeat is etc and it makes it challenging to keep pace as they vanish from view before you can easily follow. I know the simple fix is for them to communicate it but it would be even better if we could see their dialogue, quest and arrow while we are 'linked'. It lets us enjoy the journey more and feel like a companion sharing their adventure while helping rather than an outsider just there to jump in on battles.

What do you all think? Please consider this feature KI

PS. I know there are duel mounts, but even using them it would be more fun to be following their journey even if keeping up and staying together is simple...and duel mounts don't work in a lot of places where we're on foot.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I love this idea! It would be less frustrating for the helper, and easier on the quester than having to communicate a play by play. I really hope KI considers this!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
What a wonderful idea ! This will make a big improvement to the game

Survivor
Jun 02, 2018
Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Me too! I always get confused helping my friends, it's even harder to keep up if they are before Celestia. I think you should just should be able to click on them and then one of the buttons on the friends tab is "Track Quest" right under the chat buttons. You should also continue tracking if they switch quests, oh, and the "Track Quest" button should be replaced with a "Stop Tracking" button.

-The Shadow Team

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Runescape had this feature. You would turn it on for your friend and you'd follow them around when they traveled