Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need Help with Ultra Snow Apples

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
So, I'm not sure if this post should go under Gardening or Crafting, but I'm trying to craft an Ice Whirlwind. I've been trying to collect everything forever, and I have just a few more things I need. One of them is the Ultra Snow Apples. I barely ever garden, so taking hours of doing it just to get the apples annoys me. I know someone said somewhere else just to beat Rattlebones until I get the seed, but fighting Master Rattlebones as a level 83 ice wizard with some pretty good healing and damaging spells, it took me forever to take down the bosses and their cheats, and I barely survived. I didn't get the seed, so I'd have to try several more times, and just hope I get it. It was a lot of struggle to go through. Is there any easier way to get the Ultra Snow Apples?

Thanks,
James Soulshard

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Well, there are Master Krok duels. Those are a bit easier than Master Rattlebones.

If you are willing to pick up gardening at least for a while, one way for you to get them is to do low-level Winterbane and amass some Snow Apples, then hope you get one of these from their Elder harvest. You'd need to be Rank 4 in gardening for that though, and they need enchanted pots or plots. Obtaining the Purple version is harder, but they only need you to be rank 2 and they always reseed at Elder, so you can just keep replanting that one until you get the Ultra seed.

There aren't really many other reliable ways of obtaining them at your level. It becomes somewhat easier once you reach Polaris and Mirage as there's a handful of bosses who drop them.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
Torpzun26 on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
Well, there are Master Krok duels. Those are a bit easier than Master Rattlebones.

If you are willing to pick up gardening at least for a while, one way for you to get them is to do low-level Winterbane and amass some Snow Apples, then hope you get one of these from their Elder harvest. You'd need to be Rank 4 in gardening for that though, and they need enchanted pots or plots. Obtaining the Purple version is harder, but they only need you to be rank 2 and they always reseed at Elder, so you can just keep replanting that one until you get the Ultra seed.

There aren't really many other reliable ways of obtaining them at your level. It becomes somewhat easier once you reach Polaris and Mirage as there's a handful of bosses who drop them.
Hey, sorry I'm so late in asking this, but I've been trying to pick up gardening. What is Winterbane in gardening?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
moshijames on Jun 16, 2018 wrote:
Hey, sorry I'm so late in asking this, but I've been trying to pick up gardening. What is Winterbane in gardening?
Winterbane is a housing gauntlet. It looks like a log cabin and has Grizzleheim bosses in it. Plant all the Snow Apples you get from this gauntlet, and hopefully one of them will drop you an Ultra Snow Apple.

The advice to do "low level" means go into that gauntlet with a fellow wizard who is quite a bit lower level than you are (for example, level 50 or lower). The gauntlet will set to their level, making the health and cheats of the bosses much more manageable. Some drops will scale down to that lower level, but you will still have the chance to get the Snow Apple plants. Doing this will speed up your runs and allow you to get Snow Apples much more quickly.

As an FYI, another way to get the Ice whirlwind mount is farming the Archmage or Ultra level Meowiarity one-shot dungeons. He drops the permanent Ice and Balance whirlwind mounts.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
moshijames on Jun 1, 2018 wrote:
So, I'm not sure if this post should go under Gardening or Crafting, but I'm trying to craft an Ice Whirlwind. I've been trying to collect everything forever, and I have just a few more things I need. One of them is the Ultra Snow Apples. I barely ever garden, so taking hours of doing it just to get the apples annoys me. I know someone said somewhere else just to beat Rattlebones until I get the seed, but fighting Master Rattlebones as a level 83 ice wizard with some pretty good healing and damaging spells, it took me forever to take down the bosses and their cheats, and I barely survived. I didn't get the seed, so I'd have to try several more times, and just hope I get it. It was a lot of struggle to go through. Is there any easier way to get the Ultra Snow Apples?

Thanks,
James Soulshard
Hey, I just got an Ultra Snow Apples seed from Meowiarty Archmage duel. That dungeon isn't very hard if you have a good team with you. I'm level 83 Storm, but what makes me so unique is the fact I have the permanent, rare spell called "Pigsie" which is a 4 pip cost heal all spell, so I can not only hit hard, but I can also adapt to being a healer to heal the team if things get dicey. Friends tell me that my build of being Storm with the Life hybrid of healing is very unique and not often seen, but it works for me. Anyways, if you still need Ultra Snow Apples try running into me at the Pet Pavilion realm Scarecrow. I'm usually there at 5:30-6:00 Central Time Zone, so you might run into me there. I have a lot of Meowiarty Archmage duels if you are still trying to get Ultra Snow Apples seeds for the Ice Whirlwind mount. I also have Krokopatra Exalted, Meowiarty Exalted, and Zeus Exalted, but I am not sure if anyone actually does the Exalted duels. I'll be more than happy to do Exalted if anyone's up for it.

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 83 Diviner, Pigsie, Catalan, Calypso, Catch of the Day owner, Lore Spell Enthusiast, Promethean Crafter)