Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-1-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, once again, and it's time for a new topic. Shall we?

Today, let's chat about fishing. If you could pick the next area where we add fish, where would it be? What sort of fish would you expect to find there? If you fished up a chest there, what treasure would you hope to find?

Hopefully this topic catches your attention and you reel-y give us a line on your thoughts!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I can't remember if there are fish in the fountain in the shopping district. If not, chests would have mass gold and blank stitching gear - both from the Wizard City dhops and fashions we've sold there from all over the Spiral. Other chests would have housing items from around the Spiral and pets. Still others would have ultra rare items people might be farming for for months and suddenly get it in a chest in Wizard City. At holidays they'd also heve cool versions of the holiday drop gear, pets and housing itms.

The fish would be any that sound like money, jewels, packages,gifts or items from the shopping district. Like goldfish, Atlantic silverside, armorhead catfish...

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
School pets would be a cool theme to fish for in School theme houses

OR

I'd want to fish some of the pets (water pets), not the faces with fins, but just as they look, matters not where:
Triton
Crabling
Jelly Fish
Wartle or Sea Turtle
Humongofrog Frog
Frosty Fish
Kraken
Seal pup
Floe Siren

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
We already learned how to fish lava fishes, so why don't we learn how to fish ice fishes?
By ice fishes, I mean fishes under frozen rivers, or maybe inside frozen water.

Most of these fishes in real life have unique look and colorful Illuminating lights which help them see in the cold dark deep water.

I want these Illuminating fishes in the game so bad!!

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
I would like to fish in Polaris under the cold rivers. Most of these types of fishes in real life live under cold water in the north, deep down in the dark frozen water. These types of fishes have unique look which is different from other fishes around the planet, and they also use Illuminating lights which come out from different locations from their body to see better in the dark water. Each species has different light color, like red, green, yellow, or blue, and sometimes it changes. I can't wait to have these fishes in the game one day.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2017
I think there should be a fishing spot in the Wysteria Fountain. it would have chests with a VERY low chance of the Pigsie spell. It Would have some new fish, my ideas would be (if they haven't been made already) Pigsie Doodlefish Belladonna Crisp Doodlefish Pigfish and all of the school fish ex. Stormacuda. Some chests would drop Wysteria Lore Pack drops along with a few plants (and gold galore, of course).

Lucas Thunderstaff Level 32

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I would like fishing to be added to the non crowns houses, like the imperial palace and the wooded cottage.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
I would like fishes like sirens and kraken and jellyfish which after we get we can make our pets.
also if we got a chest while fishing we could get good gear according to level or gold or some housing items jewels socket wrenches etc.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
well fishing in polaris and mirage and empryea would be awesome ... ice fishing holes in polaris rivers .. have most dungeons in mirage where we can find unique mounts and chest for antiques.. and empryea could be the sewer holes where we can get sharks,whales and a few stinky socks ...

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I would love to fish in the pond in Red Barn Farm, the water down the stairs at the Wisteria Villa, off the piers at the Jungle House Boat, Azteca, and Polaris Ice Fishing would be fun. I also think people would love to be able to fish in houses they crafted too.
Thanks =)

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Ok, I'll admit to being hooked on this topic. So just for the halibut I'll mullet over and give it some trout.

I'll take this opportunaty to ask, "Cod you please make fishing available in Azteca"?

It would be some-fin else to be able to fish for saurus themed fish.

Steven Ghoststalker

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Area51Alien on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:
Ok, I'll admit to being hooked on this topic. So just for the halibut I'll mullet over and give it some trout.

I'll take this opportunaty to ask, "Cod you please make fishing available in Azteca"?

Steven Ghoststalker
If I could give a double thumbs up I would

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Imagine Celestia fishing, but you have to fish in one of the underwater zones. How cool would that be?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
If you fished in underwater zones of Celestia, fish would be flying by your face!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
My idea for a fish: A fish skeleton wearing Montezuma's attire roams the toxic waters of the Pitch Black Lake seeking his "revenge"

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Helenie Nightseer on Jun 1, 2018 wrote:
I can't remember if there are fish in the fountain in the shopping district. If not, chests would have mass gold and blank stitching gear - both from the Wizard City dhops and fashions we've sold there from all over the Spiral. Other chests would have housing items from around the Spiral and pets. Still others would have ultra rare items people might be farming for for months and suddenly get it in a chest in Wizard City. At holidays they'd also heve cool versions of the holiday drop gear, pets and housing itms.

The fish would be any that sound like money, jewels, packages,gifts or items from the shopping district. Like goldfish, Atlantic silverside, armorhead catfish...
Oooh Fountain Fishing would be great and could be found all over the Spiral and houses too! Great idea!

I'd love Fountain Fishing to hold housing items related to the area they're in as treasure in the chests. In the Shopping District it could be new items like interactive wand racks, wardrobes/clothes displays...you know, all the cool decorations we see in the shops themselves! Maybe there could be stitch gear to imitate the NPCs.

I'm loving the ideas in this thread!

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
I would love to fish Crescent Beach in Khrysalis.
The treasure chest can give us FISHING RODS. I would love to have a fishing rod with energy and fish luck.
How about a Athame to filet the fish.
OR maybe a FISH NET to catch more than one fish at a time.
A mount that we carry, that is a fishing tackle box, of course with energy and fish luck.
So we have a fishing rod in one hand and a tackle box in the other.
or a fishing net and a tackle box.
We can catch octopus, shrimp, lobster, clams, sea coral, eels, barracudas, sand sharks, horseshoe crab, minnows, clown fish, and many other sea creatures. The list is endless, Maybe even a Whale

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Star Gator on Jun 1, 2018 wrote:
We already learned how to fish lava fishes, so why don't we learn how to fish ice fishes?
By ice fishes, I mean fishes under frozen rivers, or maybe inside frozen water.

Most of these fishes in real life have unique look and colorful Illuminating lights which help them see in the cold dark deep water.

I want these Illuminating fishes in the game so bad!!
Polaris?

Kembaalung, but modifying the fish there?

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Lucas ThunderStaff on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:
I think there should be a fishing spot in the Wysteria Fountain. it would have chests with a VERY low chance of the Pigsie spell. It Would have some new fish, my ideas would be (if they haven't been made already) Pigsie Doodlefish Belladonna Crisp Doodlefish Pigfish and all of the school fish ex. Stormacuda. Some chests would drop Wysteria Lore Pack drops along with a few plants (and gold galore, of course).

Lucas Thunderstaff Level 32
If this were implemented, I wouldn't have to farm Loremaster so much.

This is a good thing.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Fable Finder on Jun 3, 2018 wrote:
Imagine Celestia fishing, but you have to fish in one of the underwater zones. How cool would that be?
In every dungeon where you have to go underwater from the surface (e.g. not into a dungeon from an underwater zone, but like a certain dungeon in Stormriven...

Ah, it's called Outside Dome and it's behind the pylons, on the edge.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2016
I'd like to see fish in the Non Crown houses. Like the Red Barn Farm, Jungle Houseboat, Royal Playhouse,
Wooded Cottage, etc.
Boss Hog in the Red Barn Farm
Lion Fish in the Jungle House Boat
Bearacuda in the Wooded Cottage
Shakespeare Fish in the Royal Playhouse
Etc.
And a Doodle fish in each one too.
Treasure Chests could contain Wallpaper like from the Avalon Tent area. And I like the fishing rod suggestion
with fishing luck stats too.
Thomas Boomcatcher Balance Lvl 124

Administrator
Area51Alien on Jun 2, 2018 wrote:

Steven Ghoststalker
This comment is the winner of the thread, hook, line, and sinker. Thanks for playing!

Kidding, folks. A whopper of a thank you to everyone for the feedback, I loved reading it and will share it with the fishing Wizards for future updates (and potentially some coming sooner than later ::grin::).

New topic coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea