Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What level to join PVP?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Hi all, I have been playing Wizard101 since 2008...but one thing I have never tried is PVP. Of course I've done friendly PVP matches at homes, but never competitively for rewards and rankings. I made a new fire wizard (lvl 10) an am wondering when to have him try PVP, as I am also wanting to play him through PVE as well.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
My personal opinion is that level 10 is too low to be fun - one big hit and matches are over. Its too dependent on who goes first and who gets big hit in first. Its all about tc, so you need higher level wiz supplying gold and tc.

Level 60-70 and people start using jade gear and being a healing turtle that drags battles out for hours without packing any big hits. Some good matches, but some too long and boring. Quick match tournaments good because they pierce jade gear.

I personally like lv 30-40 where you can start to get some good aquilla gear and battles are not too long or too short. A bit more variety and skill involved, but too many lore spammers.

I also like level 125 where you have more pierce options to get through jade gear and there's enough players to do 3&4 player tournaments. But juju spammers ruin 1 on 1 matches.