Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Saviour Of the Spiral - An Historical Account! :D

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
With the upcoming excitement about 'Everything Old Will Be New Again' I can't help but wonder how many of the earlier players will get to really enjoy this update. Many of them have 6 maxed characters and seldom visit the lower worlds. I imagine many will pop back to the old worlds to check out the new textures etc but it might be nice to include a quest that acts as a mini-tour.

Perhaps maxed wizards could be sent on a quest to gather historical accounts of their journey? They could go back to fight a few of their past conquests to gain their input for the book, with each victory getting a little speech from their perspective to quote in that chapter. Perhaps the enemies will be stronger to make it a challenge or perhaps they should stay the same as a reminder of how far we have come, I'm not sure which works best.

It would get high levels seeing and experiencing the old worlds that are new again as well as giving players a nice reminder of worlds/adventures forgotten and how far they have come.

I think it would be a nice addition. What do you all think?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Discovering new areas of existing worlds is a great idea.

I'd like to see another quest along the lines of the Lost Pages or B.O.X.E.S.

I'd (yes I'm bringing it up again) more Shelbus Gruffheart quests but more along the lines of a ZEKE quest where we need to search every world for his artifacts.

Although the Gravulum quests do bring us back to older worlds, that's only once a day.

just my two cents

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I brought this up in a recent Feedback Friday, so I hope Professor Falmea and Dworgyn saw it and pass it on the to the team! I think that having Wizards return to old worlds is a great idea! I'd love to see some of the old places revitalized and also new areas in existing worlds. I'm also all for your Shelbus Gruffheart quest expansion Area51Alien- I like the fact that it would be something that would have you traveling the Spiral, but I also think that the rewards should be better too-or perhaps a whole new system of some sort? I think that having basically a daily "bounty" type thing involving animus might be a good idea. That all being said, as I cautioned- I think we'd want to edge into this a little slowly- in like don't just redo all the old areas and have that be the major update for the year. From my experience, there are a lot of players that would find that as offensive to just have "Quality of Life" updates only and we need to continue to expand to new worlds/themes. That being said, I do think that if we got to see new areas in existing worlds and travel to the updated old ones then- that would be awesome and appreciated by everyone. I guess, what I'd also propose is you could have a few that are defeat old bosses, but also have a few that are new towers or caves or whatever that you have to come back to for later. (Also having higher level Wizards have to come back to certain areas might help clear the streets faster, but again- I don't think you want a level 120 wizard blasting everything clear in Mooshu for the level 30s so it might be better to have the level 120s, go back to level 100-110 worlds so that it's not quite as OP. Shelus could perhaps be somewhat like the faction vendors in Mirage, but offer some really great rewards for progression of finding Relics and Artefacts for the MB museum and collectors (like the Frogfather?)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
exp613 on May 25, 2018 wrote:
I brought this up in a recent Feedback Friday, so I hope Professor Falmea and Dworgyn saw it and pass it on the to the team! I think that having Wizards return to old worlds is a great idea! I'd love to see some of the old places revitalized and also new areas in existing worlds. I'm also all for your Shelbus Gruffheart quest expansion Area51Alien- I like the fact that it would be something that would have you traveling the Spiral, but I also think that the rewards should be better too-or perhaps a whole new system of some sort? I think that having basically a daily "bounty" type thing involving animus might be a good idea. That all being said, as I cautioned- I think we'd want to edge into this a little slowly- in like don't just redo all the old areas and have that be the major update for the year. From my experience, there are a lot of players that would find that as offensive to just have "Quality of Life" updates only and we need to continue to expand to new worlds/themes. That being said, I do think that if we got to see new areas in existing worlds and travel to the updated old ones then- that would be awesome and appreciated by everyone. I guess, what I'd also propose is you could have a few that are defeat old bosses, but also have a few that are new towers or caves or whatever that you have to come back to for later. (Also having higher level Wizards have to come back to certain areas might help clear the streets faster, but again- I don't think you want a level 120 wizard blasting everything clear in Mooshu for the level 30s so it might be better to have the level 120s, go back to level 100-110 worlds so that it's not quite as OP. Shelus could perhaps be somewhat like the faction vendors in Mirage, but offer some really great rewards for progression of finding Relics and Artefacts for the MB museum and collectors (like the Frogfather?)
I was imagining it more as a minitour of the highlights rather than redoing tons of content. I also didn't imagine the high levels visiting to be running a boss battle alongside low levels who also need to defeat that boss. I'd like to see them separate instances where the focus is on reminders and gathering the boss's perspective after time has moved on.

I saw Dworgyn use a cool feature in a youtube video while showing us the new Battlemage Keep house and I admit to being jealous hahahaha….it's 'fly mode' and soooo cool. I wonder if we could perhaps use that temporarily in this proposed quest to explore the 'new old worlds' to zoom and swoop and see the new textures etc in all their glory?

I think it would be cool to revisit the low level worlds with the guidance of KI showing us the parts they are particularly proud of from an optimum, exciting perspective.

PS. I didn't see your post suggesting similar, could you post a link to it please because it sounds like it fits nicely in this thread? Good minds think alike

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Victoria FireHeart on May 24, 2018 wrote:
With the upcoming excitement about 'Everything Old Will Be New Again' I can't help but wonder how many of the earlier players will get to really enjoy this update. Many of them have 6 maxed characters and seldom visit the lower worlds. I imagine many will pop back to the old worlds to check out the new textures etc but it might be nice to include a quest that acts as a mini-tour.

Perhaps maxed wizards could be sent on a quest to gather historical accounts of their journey? They could go back to fight a few of their past conquests to gain their input for the book, with each victory getting a little speech from their perspective to quote in that chapter. Perhaps the enemies will be stronger to make it a challenge or perhaps they should stay the same as a reminder of how far we have come, I'm not sure which works best.

It would get high levels seeing and experiencing the old worlds that are new again as well as giving players a nice reminder of worlds/adventures forgotten and how far they have come.

I think it would be a nice addition. What do you all think?
Great idea! I think the following thread would be a great way to incorporate this. Https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/seeing-more-of-the-spiral-8ad6a426631feb7d016331006f0128d8

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
I would love to visit Valencia and the isle of fetch from pirate101.