Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Kiosk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2012
Would greatly appreciate some kind of adjustment on Hatch ratio. I have hatched with the Kiosk 8 times and got the exact same pet every time. Take into account please the 24 hour wait time fir another hatch, or the cost of the elixer, and the amount of gold spent. I realize you can't always get what you want but c'mon. 8 times?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
xxvTANKvxx on May 21, 2018 wrote:
Would greatly appreciate some kind of adjustment on Hatch ratio. I have hatched with the Kiosk 8 times and got the exact same pet every time. Take into account please the 24 hour wait time fir another hatch, or the cost of the elixer, and the amount of gold spent. I realize you can't always get what you want but c'mon. 8 times?
I'm pretty sure Dworgyn said the ratios etc were exactly the same via the kiosk as they are via the sigil. It sounds like you've been unlucky because you wanted the other pet's body type but if you were wanting their talents and to keep your own pet's body type you'd be feeling super lucky.

What pet are you using to hatch? Some body types are more 'sticky' than others so perhaps you could try a different one to see if that helps?

Good luck!

Defender
May 17, 2014
Bad luck. I pretty much always got the pet I wanted, so it all comes down to luck

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
Maybe you need to check the pet you are hatching with.
I believe the rule still applies, that you will not get a pet you can not equip.
Like if you are a storm and hatching to get a death wraith, that is school only, you will not get it.
Good luck

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Catherine Wilddrea... on May 22, 2018 wrote:
Maybe you need to check the pet you are hatching with.
I believe the rule still applies, that you will not get a pet you can not equip.
Like if you are a storm and hatching to get a death wraith, that is school only, you will not get it.
Good luck
They removed that rule with the introduction of the kiosk so that people could collect any/all pets they like. We can even train school-only pets on an off-school wizard via Grub Guardian if we want to.

The only exception to what's been said about it being down to luck would be if it is a pet that can't be obtained via hatching eg the polterpooch, danger hound, frankie forearms etc but even they won't always give back your own pet, they give you either your own or a hybrid (ghost hound or crabling from the ones mentioned).

It sounds like bad luck that the OP keeps getting back the 'wrong' body type so I hope he keeps trying and gets it next hatch

Survivor
Apr 10, 2012
Thank you for your reply. To be honest, I wasn't aware of the "won't get a pet you can't equip" thing. That my be my problem. I was trying to get a life Forest Lord for another toon, since my main has (had) all the money and evolved pets.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
Victoria FireHeart on May 22, 2018 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Dworgyn said the ratios etc were exactly the same via the kiosk as they are via the sigil. It sounds like you've been unlucky because you wanted the other pet's body type but if you were wanting their talents and to keep your own pet's body type you'd be feeling super lucky.

What pet are you using to hatch? Some body types are more 'sticky' than others so perhaps you could try a different one to see if that helps?

Good luck!
I have a question of my own-
say if I were to hatch a giraffe (my own pet) with a Chieftain Owl (from the kiosk), would it be possible that I would be able to hatch for the Chieftain Owl model? I personally have tried 4 times and got my giraffe all times.