Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-18-18

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2015
So many wizards, never enough hairstyles. On my Myth wizard I am picturing Fabio hair.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2012
Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
I love all the pop-culture references that pop up in game, which leads us to hair...And really, I really wanted to illustrate these ideas, but unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance. So:

New Hair Ideas:

1) The Goblin (Jareth's hair in The Labyrinth).
This could be identical for both male and female players, and would maybe satisfy the suggestions for "goth" hair, since it's just scene hair.

2) The Raider (Idea from Lagertha's/Ragnar's Hair from Viking)

The men's hairstyle could include a beard, or just be Ragnar's hairstyle, with the sides of the head shaved, and a long braid slicked back in the middle. Hey, they've been requesting bald/longer hairstyles for dudes, right?

The ladies could enjoy the fearsome, half-up and multi braided hairstyle that Lagertha wears. Both could have beads or jewelry in them, too.

3) The Jester (Harley Quinn/Joker, Suicide Squad)

These could be dyeable, and duotone. The ladies could have Harely's signature pigtails, with a different color option for each, and the boys could have the joker's slicked back hairdo from the 2016 movie, with the longer section and shorter section dyed separately.

4) The Woodlander (Legolas, LOTR)

Super long hair, with the little braid in back, and ELF EARS!

5) The Bobsledder (Sanka, Cool Runnings)

Dreadlocks, but frozen into ice sickles at the ends.

6) The Mortician

For the Fellas, a fancy victorian haircut with muttonchop sideburns. For the ladies, a fancy, messy, and curly victorian updo, like you see on cameo jewelry.

7) The Pyrotechnic

A messy, disheveled hairdo with the ends singed, and smoking slightly

8) The Engineer (or Scientist)

Staticy hair standing straight up on end, sparking occasionaly

9) The Medusa

Snake hair!

10) The Dryad

Like a bad hair day, but with leaves in it too, and a literal bird's nest...with a dyeable bird (or feathers)

11) The Psychic

A long, straight hairstyle with a headband that goes across the forehead, with a third eye in it. A real one that opens and moves!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
Victoria Griffen on May 25, 2018 wrote:
I love all the pop-culture references that pop up in game, which leads us to hair...And really, I really wanted to illustrate these ideas, but unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance. So:

New Hair Ideas:

1) The Goblin (Jareth's hair in The Labyrinth).
This could be identical for both male and female players, and would maybe satisfy the suggestions for "goth" hair, since it's just scene hair.

2) The Raider (Idea from Lagertha's/Ragnar's Hair from Viking)

The men's hairstyle could include a beard, or just be Ragnar's hairstyle, with the sides of the head shaved, and a long braid slicked back in the middle. Hey, they've been requesting bald/longer hairstyles for dudes, right?

The ladies could enjoy the fearsome, half-up and multi braided hairstyle that Lagertha wears. Both could have beads or jewelry in them, too.

3) The Jester (Harley Quinn/Joker, Suicide Squad)

These could be dyeable, and duotone. The ladies could have Harely's signature pigtails, with a different color option for each, and the boys could have the joker's slicked back hairdo from the 2016 movie, with the longer section and shorter section dyed separately.

4) The Woodlander (Legolas, LOTR)

Super long hair, with the little braid in back, and ELF EARS!

5) The Bobsledder (Sanka, Cool Runnings)

Dreadlocks, but frozen into ice sickles at the ends.

6) The Mortician

For the Fellas, a fancy victorian haircut with muttonchop sideburns. For the ladies, a fancy, messy, and curly victorian updo, like you see on cameo jewelry.

7) The Pyrotechnic

A messy, disheveled hairdo with the ends singed, and smoking slightly

8) The Engineer (or Scientist)

Staticy hair standing straight up on end, sparking occasionaly

9) The Medusa

Snake hair!

10) The Dryad

Like a bad hair day, but with leaves in it too, and a literal bird's nest...with a dyeable bird (or feathers)

11) The Psychic

A long, straight hairstyle with a headband that goes across the forehead, with a third eye in it. A real one that opens and moves!
Basically everything Victoria Griffen said I would also say. But please, please, please do seasonal/holiday themed hair styles!

Flowery styles for spring with lot bright colors, bunny ears for Easter. Red, white, and blue hairstyles for the 4th of July. Some school themed hairstyles for back to school. Spookier stuff for Halloween like dragons, banshees, vampire, werewolf, kitty cat (that last isn't scary at all). Some pilgrim and Native American styled hair for Thanksgiving, you get the idea.

Maybe some hairstyles from Pirate101 could crossover to Wizard101?

World themed styles would be nice, from both Wizard101 and Pirate101.

Also hoping for face paint (especially around Halloween).

Another customization that would be nice to see would be eyewear of various styles, ex. spectacles, monocles, goggles, sun glasses, nerd glasses, Harry Potter glasses (You have no idea how many people I know who would love to be able to wear little Harry Potter style glasses) etc...

Defender
Mar 18, 2012
I would definitely keep the tango but have a halo, or maybe the nefarious eyes from pirate101.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
Professor Falmea on May 18, 2018 wrote:
Hiya! It's Friday, and that means it's time for feedback!

As we announced and showed off on KI Live, we will be implementing the Magic Mirror Makeover shop with a future update! We've added a few new hair choices there (that go under your hat), and we always have the nifty, crazy hairstyles (the ones that take the place of your hat).

So, my question this week is this - if you could change your Wizard's hairstyle, what would your makeover look like? Would you just pick another one of the styles available from character creation or add some special ornamentation to your hair (like cat ears, horns, etc), or something else entirely?

I will be on vacation next week, and since this is a pretty fun topic, we'll just let this one run for an extra week.

Have a wonderful weekend and week and weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I would love to add elf ears as an ornamentation to augment my character's look. Short pointy ears, or Long pointy ears. Earrings would be awesome too. I would love to have a halo that can go on any hairstyle.What about hair accessories: Bows, crowns, tiaras, feathers, antennae would be fun.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
BenjaminTaleHunter on May 26, 2018 wrote:
being bald should be a hairstyle tbh
The Vin Diesel/Bruce Willis look for my wizard.

Yeah, I could rock that.

One completely bald and one with a fine amount of stubble.

Steven Ghoststlalker

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
First, let me say I really wish the boy and girl hairstyles were available to all / both.

and now for styles :D

I Dream of Jeanie's updo with the super long ponytail. Could keep the little hat and make it dyeable as "trim" or draw it out and just make it a double or triple level bun/knot with the ponytail coming out the top.

Aurorora's peasant hairstyle from Sleeping Beauty - Disney animated version. - headband dyeable as "trim"

Benedict Cumberbatch's hair - basically all of it, but especially from Dr. Strange.

Elsa's braid from Frozen

Belle's hair from the yellow ballgown scenes - headband dyeable as "trim"

I don't know what Princess Jasmine's hair style is called...but that - ribbons and headband dyeable as "trim"

Vanellope Von Shweetz's quirky little ponytail from Wreck It Ralph

Tiana's shoulder length curls from Dinsney's The Princess and the Frog.

Also I wish the hair team would just update the graphics on the original styles. They just need smoothing out, some texture and to be dyeable.

OHH AND - somewhere I asked that we be able to edit the styles so we could choose the bangs from one and put it on the back of another. Or you could create some of the new styles from that.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
And please make the salon allow coloring of existing currently undyeable hairstyles and make all new ones dyeable.

I'm thinking that once it was said that it wasn't possible to make things dyeable after the fact if they weren't originally coded to be dyeable. If that's correct - maybe there could be 2.0 versions of each hairstyle made and when I go into the salon to have my Crown hair dyed from the original black to blonde - the item in my inventory is just switched to the new 2.0 entirely dyeable version.

Also, please allow us to add highlights - basically like in the dyeshop where we choose base and trim. Some styles could be dramatic streaks like Lily Munster, but I was really talking about adding more texture and depth to a single tone style with medium brown on dark - but many people would like colorful streaks too.

And please give us all the same broad choices of colors- boys and girls.

Oh and if feasible- that 2.0 version substitution idea would work for gear too and an expansion of all gear to take both sets of color (girls clothes dyed dusty blue or boys pink and girls having access go the boys amazing greens and oranges). That would require a new dye shop interface or a new shop in an upcoming area. But. PLEASE consider this.

Thanks again :)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Merlin's Beard, I just had an epiphany. I need a Merlin beard/long hair combo haha.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2016
a hair style with wolf ears i would really want to see that in the game

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
OMG!! I hadn't noticed that the KI Live reference in your original post her was a link to the video and that it would SHOW me the shop!! Thanks so much! It's already so cool.

I'm very curious about that sixth tab....and out the door

Some additions to my previous hairstyle centered requests:

Hair Style & Color

Love the new versions of the hairstyles that are dyeable AND take hats over them. Is it possible to expand that function so all the hair will take a hat over it too? That would be so nice.

I was thinking that at level 125+ the hat stats could add in as an extra gear piece.

So hat + hair. That means if you invest in stitching hair and hats you basically get to wear 2 stat hats and get the benefits for both. Or if you just wear not stitched hair you can still use your favorite hat and get its stats alone.

Skin Tones

I'd like to see a rosy light - sort of "strawberries and cream" skin tone. Might just be my computer, but the light tones look kind of sallow on my screen.

Also, just a wider variety of skin tones more like irl -- ranging through a dozen shades from lightest strawberries and cream pinkish & peaches and cream warm light & a neutral light through three color levels for yellow based and three levels for tan based and three levels for brown based skin tones.

Eye Color
OMG Thank you SO much!!

Faces
I've been away for a few weeks, hope I didn't miss it --but can we have an event where we submit NEW faces? Like when we did the hair styles event? I'd really love to see just a wider variety of faces and not such grimness to so many of the original faces.

Sixth Tab....and maybe more in the future?
I know people have been hoping to change their names and that would be nice.

But I hope it's a chance for characters to change name AND gender. If you've got a character that's really high, but you've been playing the same for ages it would be nice to keep all your progress AND switch. Might need to be two tabs though.

Administrator
Star Edward on May 19, 2018 wrote:
Professor,

Mind confirming a few things;

This Magic Mirror Makeover Shop, is it the same as the Barber Shop?
Or is it different?

The Barber Shop was promised for a while now, any idea when this and/or the Magic Makeover shop will be implemented?

Magic Mirror Makeover is what you'd expect out of a Barber Shop and more! This is coming soon, in a future update. We're still working on it but it's looking pretty good on our Dev servers already!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, we'll have a new topic coming up shortly, stay tuned.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea