Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Utilitycorns :D

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rowan Windflower on Jun 18, 2018 wrote:
On maxing pet stats -

Colonel Winnie's first talent is Death-Ward, not in the manifested talents of any of the other parents or children.
Colonel Winnie is the 6th successive match of the child of Regal Max and Miss Honey.
All the specifics are in the two previous posts.

What to do now? All the other hatches have had 2 of the 5 from Regal Max, max stat parent.

HATCH of Governor Dexter & Regal Max
Colonel Winnie
PEDIGREE 76 255 250 260 255 250
at Teen

Colonel Winnie talents / Regal Max talents
================================
Epic 4 / FISHING LUCK 4
Rare 2 / Rare 2
Ultra-Rare 3 / Ultra-Rare 3
Epic 4 / GOLD MINER 4
Rare 2 /GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 / Epic 4
DEATH-WARD 3 / Ultra-Rare 3
Ultra-Rare 3 / Ultra-Rare 3
Ultra-Rare 3 / HUGE ENERGY 3
Epic 4 / ULTRA ENERGY 4
You only need one good Unicorn

Max stat, the bars are 255 250 260 260 250 but your 255 250 260 255 250 is excellent.

The Unicorn's pool should be:

4 Fishing Luck
2 Reveal Fish School
3 Sharp Shot
4 Gold Miner
2 Gardening Pixie
4 Critical Striker
3 Death Ward
3 Relentless
3 Huge Energy
4 Ultra Energy

It looks like you have the exact pool and if you're happy with the stats we just need you to have one at adult with 'good' talents manifested. When you have one with good talents by adult (don't take it further than adult) let me know your availability and we'll arrange to meet for corgi hatching. I've got an identical corgi so as soon as you get the body type you have everything on the pet (the stats and pool).

Take that to adult and we'll meet again so you get 2 good corgis to hatch together until you get a baby that manifests everything you want

Let me know when you're free to meet (remember time zone) and I'll get back to you about which time I can make etc

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 19, 2018 wrote:
You only need one good Unicorn

Max stat, the bars are 255 250 260 260 250 but your 255 250 260 255 250 is excellent.

The Unicorn's pool should be:

4 Fishing Luck
2 Reveal Fish School
3 Sharp Shot
4 Gold Miner
2 Gardening Pixie
4 Critical Striker
3 Death Ward
3 Relentless
3 Huge Energy
4 Ultra Energy

It looks like you have the exact pool and if you're happy with the stats we just need you to have one at adult with 'good' talents manifested. When you have one with good talents by adult (don't take it further than adult) let me know your availability and we'll arrange to meet for corgi hatching. I've got an identical corgi so as soon as you get the body type you have everything on the pet (the stats and pool).

Take that to adult and we'll meet again so you get 2 good corgis to hatch together until you get a baby that manifests everything you want

Let me know when you're free to meet (remember time zone) and I'll get back to you about which time I can make etc
I think I am ready now for the hatch. I hatched two more times, the last pet got Huge Energy and then Garden Pixie, it is max stats - 255, 250, 260, 260, 250. All hatched from the prior hatch with Regal Max every time.

I am in EDT (Eastern Daylight Time right now).

On the weekend, I am available during the day, 10 to 5, and I'm around most nights after 7:30 pm. If that works for you, if not, I can adjust my times some for your availability.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rowan Windflower on Jun 23, 2018 wrote:
I think I am ready now for the hatch. I hatched two more times, the last pet got Huge Energy and then Garden Pixie, it is max stats - 255, 250, 260, 260, 250. All hatched from the prior hatch with Regal Max every time.

I am in EDT (Eastern Daylight Time right now).

On the weekend, I am available during the day, 10 to 5, and I'm around most nights after 7:30 pm. If that works for you, if not, I can adjust my times some for your availability.
Wow! Awesome results!

I'm UK time so 5 hours ahead of you. You've got great availability though so meeting should be really easy

Just in case this was too short notice (moderation or if you don't see it in time) I'll put a few times and will be at each until I catch you. Worst case, you miss them all and we'll just work it out during the week

I'll be on Melissa Stormheart in Dworgyn realm hatchery:

Saturday (today) at 4pm Eastern Time (9pm UK)

Sunday at 11am Eastern Time (4pm UK)

Sunday at 1pm Eastern Time (6pm UK)

Speak when you're in the hatchery so I see my chat move! I will likely be in small windows on my other account/s at the same time and the chat moving is easy to notice

Hopefully see you today or tomorrow, if not we'll find a time during the week

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Oh, dear, it must be the delay time from post approval.

I didn't see your post when I checked at about 10am EDT today.

What if we aim for a time later in the week, like Wednesday or later, to take into account post approval time?

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to this, and have enjoyed the process all along.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rowan Windflower on Jun 24, 2018 wrote:
Oh, dear, it must be the delay time from post approval.

I didn't see your post when I checked at about 10am EDT today.

What if we aim for a time later in the week, like Wednesday or later, to take into account post approval time?

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to this, and have enjoyed the process all along.
It's all good! Meeting via here is usually tricky but once we're connected we can arrange subsequent hatches in game, which is easier

I've got medical stuff this week that usually leaves me either exhausted or totally insomniac so it's difficult to make firm arrangements for late meet-ups (you're free from 7:30pm Eastern, which is 12:30am for me).

I don't want you to be waiting about and wasting your gaming time waiting for me if I've fallen asleep! But I have multiple accounts and a plan!

If I am in game I'll leave a wizard in Dworgyn hatchery from 7:30pm Eastern so when you log in you can pop over and see if I'm there. It might not be Melissa Stormheart so ask if it's me, I'll keep an eye on my chat box as previously mentioned. If I'm not there it's only taken a few minutes to check and you'll know I didn't make it that night but we'll try again the next. I'm guessing you'll be on Rowan Windflower?

Hopefully connect with you soon!

It would be wonderful if KI made an easier way for site users to meet up in game! Hint hint KI

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 25, 2018 wrote:
It's all good! Meeting via here is usually tricky but once we're connected we can arrange subsequent hatches in game, which is easier

I've got medical stuff this week that usually leaves me either exhausted or totally insomniac so it's difficult to make firm arrangements for late meet-ups (you're free from 7:30pm Eastern, which is 12:30am for me).

I don't want you to be waiting about and wasting your gaming time waiting for me if I've fallen asleep! But I have multiple accounts and a plan!

If I am in game I'll leave a wizard in Dworgyn hatchery from 7:30pm Eastern so when you log in you can pop over and see if I'm there. It might not be Melissa Stormheart so ask if it's me, I'll keep an eye on my chat box as previously mentioned. If I'm not there it's only taken a few minutes to check and you'll know I didn't make it that night but we'll try again the next. I'm guessing you'll be on Rowan Windflower?

Hopefully connect with you soon!

It would be wonderful if KI made an easier way for site users to meet up in game! Hint hint KI
Thanks for working with my schedule. I will check in the evenings as you have suggested.

I am often on in the mornings for an hour or two for gardening. That would be between 9 am and 11 am EDT. Add 5 hours, that would be 2 pm to 4 pm, though that might not work for you, considering your appointments this week. Tuesday, tomorrow, I could be around anywhere between noon and 7 pm EDT, which is 5 pm to midnight. Is that easier for you somewhere in that timeframe?

Yes, I will be on Rowan Windflower. I'll try popping in tonight and every night, and can check in tomorrow afternoon my time periodically, in case our posts are delayed.

Take care, and see you sometime soon.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Max Stat Pet to Utilicorn to Corgi Utility Pet Progress

Looking forward to continuing progress on Corgi pet body with Utility Spell. I've not been on as much this past week. I know we'll catch up soon. In the meantime, I'm saving up mega snacks from gardening and gold for hatches. So much fun!

I have another question - all the intermediary hatches on the way to max stat pet, plus the hatches toward Corgi utility pet - do I just put them out to pasture? Should I keep them all at adult? Can I level any of them up to use with my low level gardeners that could use more energy? Many of these pets have Huge or Ultra Energy and Gardening Pixie.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Rowan Windflower on Jun 30, 2018 wrote:

Looking forward to continuing progress on Corgi pet body with Utility Spell. I've not been on as much this past week. I know we'll catch up soon. In the meantime, I'm saving up mega snacks from gardening and gold for hatches. So much fun!

I have another question - all the intermediary hatches on the way to max stat pet, plus the hatches toward Corgi utility pet - do I just put them out to pasture? Should I keep them all at adult? Can I level any of them up to use with my low level gardeners that could use more energy? Many of these pets have Huge or Ultra Energy and Gardening Pixie.

What I did with my intermediary utility pets was train them just to Ancient and then gave them to my lowest level wizards. At Ancient, you can equip the pets with jewels. My lowest wizards just needed a little energy boost, which these pets easily gave.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Freshta on Jul 1, 2018 wrote:
What I did with my intermediary utility pets was train them just to Ancient and then gave them to my lowest level wizards. At Ancient, you can equip the pets with jewels. My lowest wizards just needed a little energy boost, which these pets easily gave.

Alia Misthaven
Thanks, Freshta, for your reply. I will keep that in mind. I am still very new at this, so I have a million questions.

That question is really an aside from my original goal here, which is to create 2 corgi utility pets to use for hatching. I started out creating a max stat utilicorn. I am in the final stages of getting the 2 usable corgis.

I am looking for a good time to hatch the corgis with Victoria, and as we are in time zones that are 5 hours difference, I am working on coordinating availability of each of us to complete this stage of the process.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rowan Windflower on Jun 30, 2018 wrote:

Between computer issues (it's dying lol) and being ill (not dying though haha), I haven't been on as much as usual either. I thought we'd have got you 2 by now, sorry we haven't finished them yet!

It's worth moving spares with energy talents to other wizards but I wouldn't bother training them more or using jewels on them. As soon as we get the parent corgis you will be able to make as many as you want and they'll give +8 energy on top of the talents.

For the babies I would take them to ancient and if they have both energy talents move it to a wizard for use until all have the energy (+20,+15 and +8 for being a corgi). Then I train those bit by bit and if they fail I can swap them out at my leisure because the energy is still useful until I make a new 'possible perfect'.

I expect to be on every day this week and if my computer decides to go on strike again I'm getting a new one immediately...it is long overdue being relegated to the back of a cupboard to gather dust!

Cya in game again soon

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 3, 2018 wrote:
Between computer issues (it's dying lol) and being ill (not dying though haha), I haven't been on as much as usual either. I thought we'd have got you 2 by now, sorry we haven't finished them yet!

It's worth moving spares with energy talents to other wizards but I wouldn't bother training them more or using jewels on them. As soon as we get the parent corgis you will be able to make as many as you want and they'll give +8 energy on top of the talents.

For the babies I would take them to ancient and if they have both energy talents move it to a wizard for use until all have the energy (+20,+15 and +8 for being a corgi). Then I train those bit by bit and if they fail I can swap them out at my leisure because the energy is still useful until I make a new 'possible perfect'.

I expect to be on every day this week and if my computer decides to go on strike again I'm getting a new one immediately...it is long overdue being relegated to the back of a cupboard to gather dust!

Cya in game again soon
Haha, it seems like we are having similar experiences. My computer died, dug out an old laptop with Vista, do you believe it runs Wizard101? Yay! Also having health issues pop up, bothersome but not serious.

Thanks for the suggestions on use of the babies. I will keep it in mind.

In my continuing search to learn as much as I can about the various ins and outs of hatching, I came upon a thread on Wizard101Central entitled "Failing at teen" which has an even more detailed account of your hatching process than you have posted here. I was thrilled to find it, and the hatching process is making more and more sense all the time. I keep rereading it so that it will finally sink into my brain.

You have my undying gratitude for not only the guidance you have provided, but your very generous offer of hatching over and over again, till I get my parent corgis. =D

Whatever I might do to help, please let me know. Since I am still pretty new to this, I can use suggestions. If I have pets I can hatch with others, I am willing to do so. Also, I am not sure what makes for a good kiosk pet, or any other way I can help in the pet community, I'd be happy to know.

See you soon ingame.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
I love the pets in the Spiral! So many magical creatures.

Speaking of magical creatures, one of the most magical is the Toad.

We can create our own magical toads, or maybe they might be brown frogs. They are still magical to me. Once I get my corgis all in order, I'll work on a toad or frog pet. More magic!

Here is a poem about magic and silliness. As it was late last night when I recalled it, I mistook the word Toves for Toads, hahaha. ;-D Nevertheless, this poem is always a fun bit of verse to read -

Jabberwocky by the author of Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll.

Enjoy!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rowan Windflower on Jul 4, 2018 wrote:
I love the pets in the Spiral! So many magical creatures.

Speaking of magical creatures, one of the most magical is the Toad.

We can create our own magical toads, or maybe they might be brown frogs. They are still magical to me. Once I get my corgis all in order, I'll work on a toad or frog pet. More magic!

Here is a poem about magic and silliness. As it was late last night when I recalled it, I mistook the word Toves for Toads, hahaha. ;-D Nevertheless, this poem is always a fun bit of verse to read -

Jabberwocky by the author of Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll.

Enjoy!
"I mistook the word Toves for Toads"

ROFL I knew it sounded familiar but couldn't place it...yay for the Jabberwocky! Thanks for posting, I was sleepy too and wouldn't have worked it out lol

I have a toadle pet and frog pet (not the myth school pet, he has storm talents) if you want to hatch after the corgis are done

I'm glad you found the posts and they're helpful...I just checked them and they're more detailed (no word limit haha). I'm always here to help on this site or ingame. I really appreciate that you've followed the plan and not got bored and tried to short cut it...it's so frustrating when people decide to risk all their work by 'just taking it up further' without any safe hatches to fall back on. I have plenty of time and resources for helping people who see it as a process

I hope yesterday's baby got nice talents! See you ingame again soon...I'll probably be logging in before this even shows

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:

ROFL I knew it sounded familiar but couldn't place it...yay for the Jabberwocky! Thanks for posting, I was sleepy too and wouldn't have worked it out lol

I have a toadle pet and frog pet (not the myth school pet, he has storm talents) if you want to hatch after the corgis are done

I'm glad you found the posts and they're helpful...I just checked them and they're more detailed (no word limit haha). I'm always here to help on this site or ingame. I really appreciate that you've followed the plan and not got bored and tried to short cut it...it's so frustrating when people decide to risk all their work by 'just taking it up further' without any safe hatches to fall back on. I have plenty of time and resources for helping people who see it as a process

I hope yesterday's baby got nice talents! See you ingame again soon...I'll probably be logging in before this even shows
Victoria. may I add you ingame sometime? im in the eastern timezone, and I just wanna make sure that when I need to hatch with you and transfer to a corgi the waiting time will be short and I dont need to do this later. if so, where do you wanna meet and when and in which realm, area, etc?

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:

Also, I got the Exact Pool and Stats! Where would you like to Meet and what Timezone are you in?
Place: (ex: The Commons, Pet Pavilion, etc)
Realm:

Area:
Timezone: (I'm in Eastern)
i'd like to put the talents onto a corgi if that's fine!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
TheLoyalStorm on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
Also, I got the Exact Pool and Stats! Where would you like to Meet and what Timezone are you in?
Place: (ex: The Commons, Pet Pavilion, etc)
Realm:

Area:
Timezone: (I'm in Eastern)
i'd like to put the talents onto a corgi if that's fine!
Awesome! Well done!

I'm in the UK so 5 hours ahead of you. What times do you usually play?

I can meet you on Melissa Stormheart in the hatchery, Dworgyn realm. Let me know your wizard's name and your availability this week and I'll list a few times I will be there so you can catch me on the first one after you see the post

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
Awesome! Well done!

I'm in the UK so 5 hours ahead of you. What times do you usually play?

I can meet you on Melissa Stormheart in the hatchery, Dworgyn realm. Let me know your wizard's name and your availability this week and I'll list a few times I will be there so you can catch me on the first one after you see the post
I usually play at 1 PM my time and go to sleep a bit Late.
Maybe we can meet at.. 8 PM My Time (and if its already 8 PM by the time this Post has been Posted, then Tomorrow's 8 PM.)
and im guessing 5 hours after would be 1 for you.
My Wizard's name is Kevin DragonFist ill be up all Week

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
TheLoyalStorm on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
I usually play at 1 PM my time and go to sleep a bit Late.
Maybe we can meet at.. 8 PM My Time (and if its already 8 PM by the time this Post has been Posted, then Tomorrow's 8 PM.)
and im guessing 5 hours after would be 1 for you.
My Wizard's name is Kevin DragonFist ill be up all Week
Here's the post explaining safe hatching and switching out the parents

With safe hatching we get 2 'parent' pets. They both have the right body type, the same stats and pool.

The first task is getting them to both have good talents by adult (the minimum age for hatching). If you have someone with an identical pet that has the desirable talents manifested (like we do) hatch with them until you have 2 adults without fails.

Now you can go down 2 different routes (it's up to you):
1. Hatch the adult pets and train the baby right up to mega, discarding it if it fails and rehatching the parents to start over with a new baby.

2. Hatch the adult pets and train the baby, switching out the baby with a parent when it gets more of the desired talents than the parent had. Then train the switched out parent, keep switching to improve the parent pets while training the 3rd pet.

Example of switching out:
Look at what talents you want. We'll use the following for the example:
Ultra Energy, Huge Energy, Gardening Pixie, Gold Miner and Fishing Luck

Pet 1 (Parent 1) - Ultra Energy, Huge Energy
Pet 2 (Parent 2) - Ultra Energy, Gardening Pixie

Pet 3 (Baby to train up) - Ultra Energy, Gardening Pixie, Gold Miner

Pet 1 + Pet 2 = 3 desired talents manifested in parents
Changing out Pet 2 for Pet 3 = 4 desired talents manifested in parents
Train Pet 2, keeping Pet 1 and Pet 3 as parents/safe for if it fails.

Each level check the 3 pets to see which make best parents and train the other. Always have 2 safe and 1 to train.

I hope that explains better than my in-game attempt!

It was lovely meeting you! Let me know how the second corgi did and how the babies turn out

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:

With safe hatching we get 2 'parent' pets. They both have the right body type, the same stats and pool.

The first task is getting them to both have good talents by adult (the minimum age for hatching). If you have someone with an identical pet that has the desirable talents manifested (like we do) hatch with them until you have 2 adults without fails.

1. Hatch the adult pets and train the baby right up to mega, discarding it if it fails and rehatching the parents to start over with a new baby.

2. Hatch the adult pets and train the baby, switching out the baby with a parent when it gets more of the desired talents than the parent had. Then train the switched out parent, keep switching to improve the parent pets while training the 3rd pet.

Each level check the 3 pets to see which make best parents and train the other. Always have 2 safe and 1 to train.

It was lovely meeting you! Let me know how the second corgi did and how the babies turn out
Hi! My Pet got trained to Mega and it got Every Utility Spell I needed! Needless to say, My Heart was Pounding!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
TheLoyalStorm on Jul 20, 2018 wrote:
Hi! My Pet got trained to Mega and it got Every Utility Spell I needed! Needless to say, My Heart was Pounding!
Yay!! Thank you for sharing! Your hard work, dedication and patience has paid off - you deserve it!

You've got everything you need now to make more corgis for your other wizards if you want to as well

Thank you for letting me know, hearing about success makes it so worth it and I'm grinning like mad!

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Victoria FireHeart on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. My computer died and have not yet found a replacement. I shall be back and will let you know. I shall continue with my corgi hatching when I am back again. I know that I can use the web app Grub Guardian to level my current pets. I may at some point do this, and if I do I shall list my traits. Thanks for this last post! As always, your explanations are excellent. Thanks for all the help and dedication to helping me and all of the rest of the Wizard community in having an amazing and enjoyable Wizard experience, especially with pets!

All the best!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rowan Windflower on Aug 14, 2018 wrote:
My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. My computer died and have not yet found a replacement. I shall be back and will let you know. I shall continue with my corgi hatching when I am back again. I know that I can use the web app Grub Guardian to level my current pets. I may at some point do this, and if I do I shall list my traits. Thanks for this last post! As always, your explanations are excellent. Thanks for all the help and dedication to helping me and all of the rest of the Wizard community in having an amazing and enjoyable Wizard experience, especially with pets!

All the best!

Oh no, sorry to hear your computer died!

Yeah, we can train on Grub Guardian but we can't hatch new pets if the baby fails, we have to go into the game for that. I'm glad my explanation helped...it would be nice to be able to add pictures on here because a flow chart would be so clear and simple.

I hope you get a new computer soon, the Spiral misses you! We'll catch up and do some fun things when you get back

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Just a quick note to ask if anyone else wants to move their utilitycorn stats and pool to a corgi? Just let me know on this thread if you want to

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Utilitycorns are still available in the kiosk and corgi hatches are still available from me.

Anyone wanting corgi hatches just post to this thread and we can arrange a meet up to get your wizards energy pets

HAPPY HATCHING!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Hi Victoria. First, thank you so much for creating the utilitycorns! That's really an amazing thing you've shared with all of us. And thanks for being willing to turn them into corgis, too!

I'm relatively new to hatching, so I would love to run something by you. I already have a corgi, but (given your willingness to hatch corgis), I'm assuming it would be much faster for me not to try to maintain the corgi body while getting my max stat and talent pool? And then work with you, if you're still free, to get the cogi body back? Because otherwise, I'm throwing away about half of my hatches when they turn out to be unicorn bodies. Am I thinking of this correctly? Or is there some major downside I'm not thinking of? I've never hatched with anyone else - just the kiosk, so I may be missing some very salient piece of information! There are so many nuances that I don't want to misunderstand.

Thank you for your advice and help!
~Katie