Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Utilitycorns :D

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hi all,

As we know the most OP body type for a utility pet is the Corgi, however they can not be offered via the kiosk as yet. Sooooo....introducing the Utilitycorn!

To allow people to gain the perfect stats and pool for making a utility pet my daughter came up with the idea of moving the stats and talents to a Unicorn pet to make them available

We have made a few max stat (255 250 260 260 250) Unicorns with all 6 utility talents in pool (Ultra Energy; Huge Energy; Fishing Luck; Gold Miner; Reveal Fish; Gardening Pixie) and we're keeping them up on the kiosk so they are available should you want them

They have Reveal Fish in pool but we considered this the least useful of the talents so have manifested our preferred 5 - Ultra Energy, Huge Energy, Gardening Pixie, Gold Miner and Fishing Luck. If you want Reveal Fish School it is in pool and possible from these hatcher pets.

For ease of finding these Unicorns their names are:

Regal Max
Chancellor Chompers (the first Utilitycorn in the Spiral haha)
Slim Roscoe

They all have max stats and identical pools that include the 6 utilities, so you do not need to exclusively hatch with the same one to make a copy as they are identical in everything but name.

I hope these help you achieve awesome utility pets

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You both are heroes, or maybe saints.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Defender
Jun 04, 2014
Thank you SOOOOO Much for posting these pets. I had no idea that these kinds of abilities existed on pets. These utilitycorns are awesome for gardening. I can now eke out another 20 or so energy points to help with my gardening. And the high stat scores are unbelievable!/

Thanks so much for posting these cute horses.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
Thank you so much for the utilitycorns they help a ton, just one question where can I get a big energy opal because I am looking to really get as much energy as possible.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
CUTEHORSEY on May 18, 2018 wrote:
Thank you SOOOOO Much for posting these pets. I had no idea that these kinds of abilities existed on pets. These utilitycorns are awesome for gardening. I can now eke out another 20 or so energy points to help with my gardening. And the high stat scores are unbelievable!/

Thanks so much for posting these cute horses.
If you put these talents on a corgi you get an extra 8 energy as well....just in case you didn't know

Happy hatching...and gardening....and fishing....

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
T4T2FR34K on May 18, 2018 wrote:
...and you wonder why stacking is a problem...
I don't consider stacking a problem and have no idea why you do lol....you got a problem with the UTILITYCORN?????? Take it up with Ambrose or the Unicorn Gods rofl

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
T4T2FR34K on May 18, 2018 wrote:
...and you wonder why stacking is a problem...
OOooooh also forgot....if any of you you get the pool feel free to ask me for the much loved 'exploit' of a corgi toooooo....actually even if you don't Corgi pets available to anyone who posts asking for it, just let me know your availability and we can hatch....remember to include time zone

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
H algar on May 18, 2018 wrote:
Thank you so much for the utilitycorns they help a ton, just one question where can I get a big energy opal because I am looking to really get as much energy as possible.
Apparently the Big Energy talent is due to arrive in the Spiral as a pet talent sooooooon (maybe 6 months or so) ....you may want to wait until it can be trained (no doubt we'll be updating our Utilitycorns when that happens too).

If you still want to get it though it can be found in:
Packs: Farley's Gardening Pack or Purreau's Plentiful Pet Provisions (Chance at getting Big Energy)

Drops:
Albino Lasher (Khrysalis)
Astraeus (Celestia)
Avalanche (Dragonspyre)
Black Annie (Avalon)
Broken Stumps (Khrysalis)
Celestian Remnant (Celestia)
Cruor Bat (Khrysalis)
Evandyr HalfEar (Khrysalis)
Greyhorn mercenary (Zafaria)
Horned monkey Spider (Zafaria)
Hydromanic Drone (Wizard City, Crab Alley)
Jungletooth (Celestia)
Malistaire the Undying (Wizard City, Castle Darkmoor)
Othin Stormfather (Grizzleheim)
Pampero Spirit (Azteca)
Pira'Nya Scissor teeth (Azteca)
Red Razor (Khrysalis)
Royal Guard (Khrysalis)
Shadow Weaver Glyder (Azteca)
Shadow of the Land (Khrysalis)
Shaka Zebu (Zafaria)
Skycreeper (Celestia)
Soulsapper (Krokotopia)
Star Darkling (Khrysalis)
Tamris (Dragonspyre)
Tarn the Drowned (Avalon)
Taskmaster Djal (Krokotopia)
Thunder Horn Zombie (Azteca)
Zhalas Sun Bleed (Azteca)

Good luck!

Defender
May 11, 2013
Just pointing out that the Utility pets were in the Kiosk under the Queen Pixie life pet on page 5 the 5Minute hatch one but I guess a unicorn works too

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
You are wonderful. I just wish I would have seen this post earlier.
I just spend over 30,000 crowns this weekend on elixir and pet energy to make a utility pet.
I for sure will stop wasting crowns making my own pets and search the kiosk.
But at least you saved me on having to buy the packs to get the unicorn that gives me the ultra energy.
Wow, you saved a lot of people thousands of crowns by doing this.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Catherine Wilddrea... on May 20, 2018 wrote:
You are wonderful. I just wish I would have seen this post earlier.
I just spend over 30,000 crowns this weekend on elixir and pet energy to make a utility pet.
I for sure will stop wasting crowns making my own pets and search the kiosk.
But at least you saved me on having to buy the packs to get the unicorn that gives me the ultra energy.
Wow, you saved a lot of people thousands of crowns by doing this.
I think it's always worth shouting out to the community on here before spending a lot to do it solo....we're all on the same side after all!

If anyone's ready to hatch the stats and pool to a corgi just give me a shout and we'll meet up....I have the same stats, pool and manifested talents on corgis as well and only moved them to a Unicorn so they could be shared without the need to meet in game. The corgi gives an additional 8 energy for the body type.

Happy Hatching...and fishing and gardening!

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
I have recently begun to play Wizard101 again, after a 4 year absence. I love the new pet develops, however, even though I have read several guides, I still don't feel that I have a handle on how to hatch to get the pet talents that I want.

If I hatch a pet with one of your pets in the kiosk, and thank you so much for your generous offer, which pets are best?

First of all, I get that a high stat pet is what to use. Do I use a certain school pet to get the talents on your pets? Do I use a unicorn? I see that most unicorn pets have a common talent which always seems to pop up. I guess that is ruled out by choosing a high stat pet.

Maybe I haven't read a guide yet that answers these questions. I have read the duelist guides from the forum over and over, and yet I can't seem to get it.

I am willing to read anything that will help, and I am not just asking for a simple fix. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rowan Windflower on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
I have recently begun to play Wizard101 again, after a 4 year absence. I love the new pet develops, however, even though I have read several guides, I still don't feel that I have a handle on how to hatch to get the pet talents that I want.

If I hatch a pet with one of your pets in the kiosk, and thank you so much for your generous offer, which pets are best?

First of all, I get that a high stat pet is what to use. Do I use a certain school pet to get the talents on your pets? Do I use a unicorn? I see that most unicorn pets have a common talent which always seems to pop up. I guess that is ruled out by choosing a high stat pet.

Maybe I haven't read a guide yet that answers these questions. I have read the duelist guides from the forum over and over, and yet I can't seem to get it.

I am willing to read anything that will help, and I am not just asking for a simple fix. Any suggestions are appreciated.
The basic process I use is:

1. Max the stats (255 250 260 260 250)
2. Clean the pool (get rid of all undesired talents; fill pool with appropriate talents)
3. Manifest my desired talent combo (perfection.....eventually lol)

The easiest way is to make a copy of a pet you consider 'perfect'.

Using the above order is easiest imo because manifesting awesome talents but raising the stats doesn't guarantee those talents and can mess up the pool of talents too easily.

To avoid disappointment:
1. Expect it to take A LOT of hatches
2. 'Between' pets (Tweens) are not the same as fails....in fact you NEED these!
3. If it gets tedious, do something else and resume it later
4. You don't need to make something 'perfect' for it to be an awesome buddy!
5. Ask anything you're unsure of and we'll be sure to help you any way we can

If you have a max stat pet that's probably the best to use but if you want the body of a 1st gen this works too...it all depends what your goal is!

If you'd like more specific help please share more about what you're wanting to achieve or what you're unsure of and we'll be happy to help

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
I have to go back and make notes on the pets I do have so that I can post the exact stats. I've started, but not quite finished. That is why I didn't reply sooner.

Thanks so much for the offer of help.

I will post in the next few days with the information I have.

I think, from your suggestions, I need to create a pet with all top stats first?

I would like to have a utility pet in the end. The talents are more important than the looks.

I am ready for the long haul and very excited to begin. I have my 5 current characters gardening - the top level is gardening evil magma peas, has 24 growing now. Number two is a plot of 32 prickly bear cactus. My lower levels, all 3, are either working on stinkweed and/or pink dandelion. The two top gardeners each have a "LIKE" house - one has botanical garden home and the other a red barn. I plan to get red barn for 3 lower levels from the money they make at first, and then see if there are better plants for them to grow.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
The basic process I use is:

1. Max the stats (255 250 260 260 250)
2. Clean the pool (get rid of all undesired talents; fill pool with appropriate talents)
3. Manifest my desired talent combo (perfection.....eventually lol)

The easiest way is to make a copy of a pet you consider 'perfect'.

Using the above order is easiest imo because manifesting awesome talents but raising the stats doesn't guarantee those talents and can mess up the pool of talents too easily.

To avoid disappointment:
1. Expect it to take A LOT of hatches
2. 'Between' pets (Tweens) are not the same as fails....in fact you NEED these!
3. If it gets tedious, do something else and resume it later
4. You don't need to make something 'perfect' for it to be an awesome buddy!
5. Ask anything you're unsure of and we'll be sure to help you any way we can

If you have a max stat pet that's probably the best to use but if you want the body of a 1st gen this works too...it all depends what your goal is!

If you'd like more specific help please share more about what you're wanting to achieve or what you're unsure of and we'll be happy to help
can you give us pikers any hints on good ways to "clean the pool"? Please?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Rowan Windflower on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
I have to go back and make notes on the pets I do have so that I can post the exact stats. I've started, but not quite finished. That is why I didn't reply sooner.

Thanks so much for the offer of help.

I will post in the next few days with the information I have.

I think, from your suggestions, I need to create a pet with all top stats first?

I would like to have a utility pet in the end. The talents are more important than the looks.

I am ready for the long haul and very excited to begin. I have my 5 current characters gardening - the top level is gardening evil magma peas, has 24 growing now. Number two is a plot of 32 prickly bear cactus. My lower levels, all 3, are either working on stinkweed and/or pink dandelion. The two top gardeners each have a "LIKE" house - one has botanical garden home and the other a red barn. I plan to get red barn for 3 lower levels from the money they make at first, and then see if there are better plants for them to grow.
We can definitely get you (and anyone else reading this) a great utility pet because I am happy to help

You can use any of your pets to get you started because the end result will be the same. Go for something with a 5 minute timer so you're not waiting an eternity to train it. Try to use something with decent stats...if you have something with all bars over 200 that would be a great start but if you don't it's not a problem...got to start somewhere

Hatch with the Utilitycorns via the kiosk until you raise the stats either to max or close to max (the last few points can be stubborn so unless you're determined to have max stats they might not be worth the additional hatches). If the stats go up AT ALL train the baby to adult to use for the next hatch. Don't bother training it further than adult - this is a 'between' pet, a stepping stone to the pet you want.

When it is high/max stat look at your talent pool. Keep hatching until the pool is identical to the Utilitycorn.

When your stats are high/max and the pool matches take it to adult. If it gets bad talents hatch it again with the Utilitycorn until you get an adult pet with 2 utility talents...then let me know on here that you're ready for the corgi body.

I'll meet you and hatch until you get the corgi body (my corgi has max stats and an identical pool to the Utilitycorn so nothing will change except the body type...but corgi's give an additional 8 energy just for being cute haha).

When you get the corgi you can take it to adult then we hatch AGAIN and you take that one to adult as well. When you have 2 adult corgis with utility talents manifested these are your 'parent' pets. You can hatch them together and raise a baby until you get the perfect talent combo - they're all in pool. If it fails, just go back to the parent pets and try again on a new baby....repeat until the right combo pops!

Let me know how you're getting on and when you're ready for the corgi body

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
ChicoValerian on Jun 15, 2018 wrote:
can you give us pikers any hints on good ways to "clean the pool"? Please?
A 'clean pool' is where all the talents are desirable and work well together. They should be talents other people are likely to agree constitute 'clean' or desirable too. This is subjective though.

When I am cleaning a pool (or making a new pool) I look at what I have in the pool and decide which talents I want to boot out. I then decide what talents I want to replace them with.

It can be a long process and take a lot longer if you want to change multiple talents.

For changing out one talent I take the max-stat-one-talent-off perfect pet then hatch with a max-stat pet that has the desired talent plus as many of the talents I want to keep as well. Preferably it will be the same body but that's not always possible. Then I hatch and if I get the right body back I look at the pool. Is the only change to the pool the undesired talent gone and the desired talent replacing it? If the answer is no then I hatch again...and again...and again....until the answer is yes!

The easiest way to change a pool is to make a copy of someone else's pet that is exactly what you want (non-manifested talents included). Making your own new pool is A LOT of hatching, sighing, selling and trying again! It can be worth it though if you are making a pool that is not commonly found

All the talents have a set position in relation to each other. Eg you will NEVER find Fairy Friend (position 159) above Spell Proof (position 103) and Spell Defying (position 141-142) will always come somewhere between Spell Proof and Fairy Friend. If you have an Epic talent in both pools that you believe to be Spell Proof but then one hatch you get 2 Epics around that position within the pool you know one of the pets has something different.

Pool reading is complicated to start off with but once you're familiar with a few key talents you'll quickly find yourself seeing the patterns without checking. You can find talent orders here! Thanks to Milt and the Project O team!

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks again for your excellent instructions.

>You can use any of your pets to get you started because the end result will be the same. Go for something with a 5 minute timer so you're not waiting an eternity to train it. Try to use something with decent stats...if you have something with all bars over 200 that would be a great start but if you don't it's not a problem...got to start somewhere

I found my highest stat pet, a sea dragon, Miss Honey:
Stats are: 240, 250, 250, 225, 250

I couldn't find one of your pets listed, so I chose a unicorn with max stats, Slim Ruby.
I hope that doesn't mess things up. She seemed to have the same talents you had listed.
Here they are, from top to bottom:
Fishing Luck, Rare, Ultra-Rare, Gold Miner, Gardening Pixie, Epic Ultra-Rare, Ultra-Rare, Huge Energy, Ultra Energy

The resulting pet is Unicorn, Sheriff Bo.
Stats improved! 240 to 255, 250 - 250, 250 to 255, 225 to 242, 250 - 250

>Hatch with the Utilitycorns via the kiosk until you raise the stats either to max or close to max (the last few points can be stubborn so unless you're determined to have max stats they might not be worth the additional hatches). If the stats go up AT ALL train the baby to adult to use for the next hatch. Don't bother training it further than adult - this is a 'between' pet, a stepping stone to the pet you want.

When it is high/max stat look at your talent pool. Keep hatching until the pool is identical to the Utilitycorn.

When your stats are high/max and the pool matches take it to adult. If it gets bad talents hatch it again with the Utilitycorn until you get an adult pet with 2 utility talents...then let me know on here that you're ready for the corgi body.

I am now onto maxing stats, having raised Sheriff Bo to Adult. Woohoo! Oh, and then matching the pool, as you have instructed. I'll be back when I'm there.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Update on Hatching for Max Stats

After checking the Kiosk over several hours, I finally found Regal Max!

I hatched my sea dragon Miss Honey with unicorn Regal Max and got
Grim Morgan unicorn
255, 250, 260, 225, 250

I'll go on with the recommended plan you outlined above to max pet stats.

Cheers!

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
Here is my progress on getting a max stat pet.

I read that Pip O' Plenty was difficult, if not impossible, to get rid of. My pet has Pip O' Plenty manifested. All but one stat has gone to max. That stat has been slow to rise. After 7 hatches with the "child" of max stat "parent", the progress was: 225 > 225 > 225 > 242 > 242 > 255 > 255. The pedigree has risen to the max stat pet's pedigree of 77.

Is it true that Pip O' Plenty has to do with this? Should have chosen a pet without a manifested Pip for max stat pet? Are there other talents like this that could have been avoided or is it all too random?

The next hatch is 7th generation. Should I keep on hatching or try another pet? Will the last unmaxed stat finally max, even it if takes several more hatches? I am willing to do if it will max.

Parents:
Miss Honey (my pet) Regal Max (Max Stat Pet)
PEDIGREE 72 PEDIGREE 76
240 250 250 225 250 250 255 260 260 250
=================== ===================
PIERCE TRAIN 4 FISHING LUCK 4
PIP O'PLENTY 2 Rare 2
Sharp-Shot 3 Ultra-Rare 3
Epic 4 GOLD MINER 4
Ultra-Rare 3 GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 Epic 4
Rare 2 Ultra-Rare 3
HEALTH GIFT 2 Ultra-Rare 3
Epic 4 HUGE ENERGY 3
Epic 4 ULTRA ENERGY 4

HATCH of Miss Honey & Regal Max
Grim Morgan
PEDIGREE 72 255 250 260 225 250

Grim Morgan Regal Max
FISHING LUCK 4 FISHING LUCK 4
Ultra-Rare 3 Rare 2
Epic 4 Ultra-Rare 3
Rare 2 GOLD MINER 4
GARDENING PIXIE 2 GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 Epic 4
Ultra-Rare 3 Ultra-Rare 3
Ultra-Rare 3 HUGE ENERGY 3
Epic 4 ULTRA ENERGY 4

HATCH of Grim Morgan & Regal Max
Prince Jackson
PEDIGREE 75 255 250 260 225 250

Prince Jackson Regal Max
Rare 2 Rare 2
GOLD MINER 4 GOLD MINER 4
Rare 2 GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 Epic 4
Epic 4 ULTRA ENERGY 4

continued in next post

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
continuation of max stat pet post:

I am including all my details, thinking this may also help someone else to learn how to max a pet's stat, as I am working on now.

HATCH of Prince Jackson & Regal Max
Stinky Cassie
PEDIGREE 76 255 250 260 242 250

Stinky Cassie Regal Max
Epic 4 FISHING LUCK 4
Rare 2 Rare 2
Epic 4 GOLD MINER 4
GARDENING PIXIE 2 GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 Epic 4
ULTRA ENERGY 4 ULTRA ENERGY 4

HATCH of Stinky Cassie & Regal Max
Grim Gracie
PEDIGREE 72 255 250 260 251 250

Grim Gracie Regal Max
Epic 4 FISHING LUCK 4
Rare 2 Rare 2
Rare 2 GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 Epic 4
HUGE ENERGY 3 HUGE ENERGY 3
Epic 4 ULTRA ENERGY 4

HATCH of Grim Gracie & Regal Max
Governor Dexter
PEDIGREE 76 255 250 260 255 250

Governor Dexter Regal Max
Rare 2 Rare 2
Rare 2 GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 Epic 4
ULTRA ENERGY 4 ULTRA ENERGY 4

HATCH of Governor Dexter & Regal Max
Colonel Winnie
(not trained yet)

Colonel Winnie Regal Max
Epic 4 FISHING LUCK 4
Rare 2 Rare 2
Epic 4 GOLD MINER 4
Rare 2 GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 Epic 4
Epic 4 ULTRA ENERGY 4

Survivor
Oct 22, 2008
On maxing pet stats -

Colonel Winnie's first talent is Death-Ward, not in the manifested talents of any of the other parents or children.
Colonel Winnie is the 6th successive match of the child of Regal Max and Miss Honey.
All the specifics are in the two previous posts.

What to do now? All the other hatches have had 2 of the 5 from Regal Max, max stat parent.

HATCH of Governor Dexter & Regal Max
Colonel Winnie
at Teen

Colonel Winnie talents / Regal Max talents
================================
Epic 4 / FISHING LUCK 4
Rare 2 / Rare 2
Ultra-Rare 3 / Ultra-Rare 3
Epic 4 / GOLD MINER 4
Rare 2 /GARDENING PIXIE 2
Epic 4 / Epic 4