Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

too many levels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
Just to note that my Balance wizard is in Polaris in the second map, he has already reached level 108. He was at a Max before the additions of Acrinum and the past update that added another world. I noticed that the next spell is in Acrinum and its a dark magic spell. I am not happy that I have to finish Polaris to get that spell. I have done all side quests in all the worlds from wizard city to Azteca. Still working on side quests in dungeons and the world before Polaris. Just a note that I will be max again way before I get to the last world. Not fair to not gain points once you reach max.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
bigchad41 on May 15, 2018 wrote:
Just to note that my Balance wizard is in Polaris in the second map, he has already reached level 108. He was at a Max before the additions of Acrinum and the past update that added another world. I noticed that the next spell is in Acrinum and its a dark magic spell. I am not happy that I have to finish Polaris to get that spell. I have done all side quests in all the worlds from wizard city to Azteca. Still working on side quests in dungeons and the world before Polaris. Just a note that I will be max again way before I get to the last world. Not fair to not gain points once you reach max.
If you can gain experience points (XP) beyond max level then that would just become the new max level, forcing everyone to do all sides as well to stay level appropriate for the storyline quests.

If you want to gain your spells quicker then you could stick to the main quests and go back to sides afterwards.

I'm not sure if Mirage and Empyrea side quests give XP, so you may catch up with yourself a little there. I think they give XP to sides so that if someone is struggling with the storyline quests they can do some sides to over-level for a little while but by giving sufficient XP purely from storyline quests to reach max no-one is having to do sides to max their wizards.

If you've never done Polaris before you might not know it is quite a short world, so you should have your spell soon

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the biggest fix for this, is to increase the cap 20 levels instead of 10, every so often. As for getting the spells faster, they could fix that by not quest locking them.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
I absolutely disagree, the more levels available, the more leveling and fun there is to be had. I have a max level Death, but I am currently using a level 75 Balance Wizard (my favorite school). I shudder to think that my journey in the spiral has an end, as this game has given me such an experience. So overall, no, I disagree that Wizard101 has 'To Many Levels'.

Also, one can gain Training Points long after reaching max level. Have you done all of Prospector Zeke's quests? Other NPC's offer opportunities to gain Training Points as well.

~Aedan ShadowWalker

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on May 16, 2018 wrote:
If you can gain experience points (XP) beyond max level then that would just become the new max level, forcing everyone to do all sides as well to stay level appropriate for the storyline quests.

If you want to gain your spells quicker then you could stick to the main quests and go back to sides afterwards.

I'm not sure if Mirage and Empyrea side quests give XP, so you may catch up with yourself a little there. I think they give XP to sides so that if someone is struggling with the storyline quests they can do some sides to over-level for a little while but by giving sufficient XP purely from storyline quests to reach max no-one is having to do sides to max their wizards.

If you've never done Polaris before you might not know it is quite a short world, so you should have your spell soon
KI stopped giving xp to side quests in Mirage and Empyrea.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Side quests are not required at all anymore. KI has it so that significant XP is given for the main quests. Therefore like Victoria said, it's not required and I'd recommend just doing the main quest unless you want to do the side quest for a badge or fun or whatever. I think the idea is that way everyone will eventually get the spell vs if it's a side quest some of the younger players may never find it. I think that's the idea, but I also think that it would be prudent to convince people to do side quests, because then they're in game longer, but I don't know.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
exp613 on May 17, 2018 wrote:
Side quests are not required at all anymore. KI has it so that significant XP is given for the main quests. Therefore like Victoria said, it's not required and I'd recommend just doing the main quest unless you want to do the side quest for a badge or fun or whatever. I think the idea is that way everyone will eventually get the spell vs if it's a side quest some of the younger players may never find it. I think that's the idea, but I also think that it would be prudent to convince people to do side quests, because then they're in game longer, but I don't know.
Yes and not just that everyone will get the spell but that they get it at the same point in questing too. It can be a game changer to have a quest-locked spell earlier because it is essentially a reward for the challenges you've faced. There are spell quests that we're summoned to get as soon as we hit a specific level so we have a balance of spells being level locked or quest locked...and a few that are hidden away with secret trainers we have to find!

I think KI puts a lot of thought into where a spell fits to keep things challenging and not alter the balance between those of us who enjoy sides as bonus quests and those of us who stick to main/important quests only.

I don't think pushing people to do sides will make a huge difference to whether people play more or less. Those who love quests stay for the sides even if there is little/no reward; those who don't enjoy the questing so much stay for the side activities. I love that there is so much choice of what to spend time on in Wiz....I always feel spoilt for choice