Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-11-18

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, and you know what that means... Let's get on with it, shall we?

Today, I'd like to chat about our old pal Zeke and his quests. Do you do the quest Zeke offers in every world to get a new training point? If not, what do you wish Zeke would give you instead for your time spent on these quests?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
I do the quests because I think they are fun. With my first wizard I found all of them without using any guides (up to Celestia). As for rewards, I think it would be cool to get one of whatever Zeke wants you to find. I know the yardbird already exists along with the stone rose and scarab, but you need to farm Jotun for the yardbird or get it from the Raven's Hoard Pack. Also, give a substantial gold reward. Maybe 5,000 for WC, 10,000 for Krokotopia, 20,000 for Marleybone, 30,000 for Mooshu, etc. Even if you look up the locations, it is still a lot of work to get to some if you didn't do it the first time (I'm looking at you, Labyrinth).

I should also mention that it fits with what Zeke sometimes says about finding the creatures a good home or keeping them safe.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
I have done all of his quests tho it really took me sometime to find what he always asks for. it makes you be keen of the world itself and i like that. But after finishing the quest,i think its good if he serves as a “hint or faq” guy about the current world whether it would be quest related or a trivia information about that world.

- JAMES Master of All Schools

Explorer
Nov 18, 2010
I do, but I always have spare training points which I never use so yeah in the later worlds it's not very necessary. Instead, what would be cool, well, I'm not sure, let me get back to you on that one.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I ALWAYS do the quests solely for the training points. That being said, the higher the level I reach, the less I know what to spend my points on. Not sure what I would rather it be, if anything. Maybe crowns?

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
I absolutely do every Zeke quest for the Training Point. I hope they continue!

That's all I really want (unless he would like to offer a new mount that can only be obtained by doing his quests)!

BTW, speaking of Zeke - I have sent FIVE reports to KI about this bug that has been present in the game since the last week of April and the update. Zeke is driving me completely insane. He pops up EVERY TIME I fight, every time I purchase or sell anything, every time I log in on every wizard to tell me I'm about to lose gold. I have emptied my backpacks. I have bought reagents to lower my gold totals. No good - he's still there.

This has GOT to be fixed before I commit murder! It isn't just me - look at FaceBook. A lot of players are dealing with the same thing.

Regards,
Suzanne

Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I really like doing the quests.

Something id like, is to be able to get a miniature pet of the item we are getting, e.g:

Sock monkey pet
Cat stray pet
Puffer fish pet etc etc

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Professor Falmea on May 11, 2018 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's Friday, and you know what that means... Let's get on with it, shall we?

Today, I'd like to chat about our old pal Zeke and his quests. Do you do the quest Zeke offers in every world to get a new training point? If not, what do you wish Zeke would give you instead for your time spent on these quests?

Looking forward to your thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Yes I sure do! I accept all ZEKE quests.
It is an easy way to get a training point, and training points are so valued.

I accept the other quests too - books, found items, etc., you are already there so why not pick them up?

I would like to keep it as a training point please.

If you want to throw in something cool we can keep in our backpack or land, that's OK by me, but the training point is the best part.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Hello I have been playing wizard 101 since it first started. Yes I always do Prospector Zeke's quests even if I don't need the training points.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Greetings Prof F,

Was this question sparked because of the recent topic posted by a fellow wizard about Zeke and gaining more training points? o:

Now, to respond,

I do all side quest; that'll include Zeke's, I'm also grateful that his female companion has now also started being a bit more involved within the game (I was worried about her to be honest).

Now, I'll also take the answer another way and also respond with this:

In addition to the bonus training point and couple gold pieces Zeke provides as rewards, why not add a pet based on the critters we find? Yes, including a UFO Pet (Azteca; but it'd be robotic).

Or, make it an housing item.

If Zeke didn't provide these rewards though, I rather he be a secret trainer for Loremaster's spells providing those instead :)

Survivor
May 02, 2010
NOTE TO ANYONE:*If my other post on Feedback friday (5-4-2018) is still there it was meant to be for this one, my apologies.

As for the question I do the quests in each world just for fun and the point but I would like to see some interesting changes for the future developing worlds such as part II, etc...

Perhaps maybe every once in a blue moon, Zeke will actually provide our wizards with new trainable old spells.
Let me clarify that:
The New spells will come from all the treasure cards/item cards/pet cards available in Wizard101 & these are the ones I see in my opinion could be a possibility.
- Fire Beetle, Magma Colossus,Eirikur Axebreaker, Firey Giant, Lava Lord
- Icebird, Ice Fuel, Frozen Bats, Articzilla
- Storm Hound, Storm Fuel, Double Cleanse Charm
- Mythic Fuel, Aftershock, Shockwave, Myth Banshee
- Life Fuel, Life scarab, Brulee scure, Hamadryad
-Death Fuel, Death scarab,Metalops, Death Ninja Pigs
-Clockwork Minion, Shield Wall, Dragonspear, Balancespear,

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
How about allow players to use training points to obtain specific spells they want (i.e. feint, fairy, etc...). This way training points are being used, without wizards getting spells they don't want, or will ever use.

Survivor
May 18, 2011
I have been doing Zeke's quest for so very long, the thought never has crossed my mind NOT to do them. He's a part of Wizard101 & to me his training points are very needed & useful at any level. I would not want anything else replacing the training point!!

In regards to how spells are given , that does need over hauled. Its not fair to anyone the way its set up. If I want the 4th spell on the list I have to give up training points for the first 3 that I have no interest in. I have a heap of spells I carry around because I can't get rid of them & although I didn't want them & in yrs of playing have not used them, I had to use Zeke's training points on them & take them anyway. Can you change this method??? Then we can use our training points in different schools & get the cards we WANT & will use.

Thank You for a wonderful game. Thank You for the updates. And Thank You for the new Team Up Kiosk. It finally got people playing together again plus is a great way to make new friends.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
woot2334 on May 12, 2018 wrote:
NOTE TO ANYONE:*If my other post on Feedback friday (5-4-2018) is still there it was meant to be for this one, my apologies.

As for the question I do the quests in each world just for fun and the point but I would like to see some interesting changes for the future developing worlds such as part II, etc...

Perhaps maybe every once in a blue moon, Zeke will actually provide our wizards with new trainable old spells.
Let me clarify that:
The New spells will come from all the treasure cards/item cards/pet cards available in Wizard101 & these are the ones I see in my opinion could be a possibility.
- Fire Beetle, Magma Colossus,Eirikur Axebreaker, Firey Giant, Lava Lord
- Icebird, Ice Fuel, Frozen Bats, Articzilla
- Storm Hound, Storm Fuel, Double Cleanse Charm
- Mythic Fuel, Aftershock, Shockwave, Myth Banshee
- Life Fuel, Life scarab, Brulee scure, Hamadryad
-Death Fuel, Death scarab,Metalops, Death Ninja Pigs
-Clockwork Minion, Shield Wall, Dragonspear, Balancespear,
I personally would prefer Storm Elf over storm hound, and Leafstorm or Potboiler wold be nice too.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I always do the Zeke quests for the extra training points. It would be nice if he gave us something else in addition to training points. This late in the game, I have tons of training points, but wouldnt want to lose out on those for future possibilities

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Also, in the breath of spells,

To add to Zeke's catalogue, he could also offer spells such as:

- Snow Shark, Icebats, Icebird, Frost Demon, Ice Fuel etc.

- Fire Shark, Lava Lord, Lava Giant, Ashbats etc.

- Headless Horseman, Malistare Minion, Death Troll, Red Ghost, Red Banshee, Mass Feint etc.

- Storm Elf, Rocketstove, Catch of the Day, Squall Wyvern, Thunderbird, Stormbird, Street Sweeper etc.

- Leafstorm, Life Fuel, Sprite Swarm, Brown Spider, Potboiler, Life Feint Life Banshee etc.

- Lady Blackhope, Steel Giant, Franklistone, Oni No War, Steel Colossus, Restoring Hands etc.

- Bronze Armor, Own Myth , Updated Myth AoE, Summon Meowiarty, Otomo Fury, Punklops, Stone Colossus, Myth Banshee etc.

These spells would be school only and will be updated per world Zeke is in.

In fact, I believe since a majority of us have a high amount of training points with nothing to do with them, this seems like a great way to spend it!

The spells additionally will only be unlocked once Zeke's primary quest has been completed.

The spells will also be no PvP as deemed fit.

Consider the thought.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Professor Falmea, I do the Zeke quest in every world for training points. They're nice little quests and I hope it continues with the training points.

Addition: After every Zekequest,I'd like to receive a wall hanging painting of the item you found and the name of the world you found it in. I'd like to see Zeke become a spell vendor perhaps starting in Polaris or Mirage who will give you a quest something like "Eclipse Tower". After you finish that quest, he will have a small list of trainable spells that will help you against Shadow magic such as: Shadow blade, Shadow shield, shadow trap. etc... .

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
nerdjames on May 11, 2018 wrote:
I have done all of his quests tho it really took me sometime to find what he always asks for. it makes you be keen of the world itself and i like that. But after finishing the quest,i think its good if he serves as a “hint or faq” guy about the current world whether it would be quest related or a trivia information about that world.

- JAMES Master of All Schools
I like this idea James. I find myself relying on certain out of game web sites to get info. He could tell us for example, if you want better boots try the Secret Tunnel. Farley packs provide Jewel Plants. Jewel plants drop other kind of plants.
FYI, I found out about jewel plants at the Hatchery from another conversation, months after they where out.
as well as what plants drop Amber.
I do all of his quest and look for him in every world.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Hey Dalia
I'd reckon for an idea instead of the whole training point xp and gold thing
I think that you should do a pet reward per world that is meant for the world, like the daily assignments its a random pick for all the pets in the spiral that go towards that world

Saffron student level 88
Elizabeth PixieBlossom student level 59
Taylor JadeGem student level 42
Abigail StarSong student level 26

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Zeke's Quest have now somehow become Main Quest for me.

But I'd like to just point out, I do like the idea of allowing Zeke to offer spells for us to actually use the points on.

That would be a nice addition, even if it's only temporary (some bonus event).

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Hmm, guess I'll be the contrarian here and say that no, after Zafaria I haven't gotten around to completing the rest of Zeke's quests. I do go up to him in each world but I don't actively seek whatever he asks for anymore. It's always something to "do later" and since I've min-maxed my training points, I'm always cautious of spending them, waiting for something new in the astral schools to come out or something else.
Thus I've got a max wizard with around 7 training points just sitting there and a lot of unfinished Zele quests.

I don't think Zeke himself needs changing as much as more potential spells to learn but those are hard to implement while keeping the balance of the game so I guess I can't ask for too much.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yes. I always accept them. I haven't finished some of the later world ones though, because I don't absolutely need the training point for some of my Wizards. Thusly, I haven't bothered looking up a guide for them and just find them as I find them. (It's almost more fun this way.)

I think that the training points are still worthwhile so that should probably continue. I like the idea of offering a Housing Item or Pet like some of the others have suggested.

I personally do not like the idea of Propsector Zeke becoming a "magic" trainer and offering spells. I think that there are much better opportunities for that to happen- (Arcanum, Ravenwood, Pigswick, Other Hidden Trainers etc.)

Perhaps at a high level he could find a mystical amulet that let's us have Moon Mastery? I don't know, but I definitely would like to see new spells come about.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
exp613 on May 14, 2018 wrote:
Yes. I always accept them. I haven't finished some of the later world ones though, because I don't absolutely need the training point for some of my Wizards. Thusly, I haven't bothered looking up a guide for them and just find them as I find them. (It's almost more fun this way.)

I think that the training points are still worthwhile so that should probably continue. I like the idea of offering a Housing Item or Pet like some of the others have suggested.

I personally do not like the idea of Propsector Zeke becoming a "magic" trainer and offering spells. I think that there are much better opportunities for that to happen- (Arcanum, Ravenwood, Pigswick, Other Hidden Trainers etc.)

Perhaps at a high level he could find a mystical amulet that let's us have Moon Mastery? I don't know, but I definitely would like to see new spells come about.
Come to think of it, I agree. Zeke would be a bad choice for holding spells. Having Velma Von Venkman; Shadow Scholar pass out trainable shadow Blade, Shadow trap and Shadow shield would be a better choice.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Patrick Ravenbane on May 15, 2018 wrote:
Come to think of it, I agree. Zeke would be a bad choice for holding spells. Having Velma Von Venkman; Shadow Scholar pass out trainable shadow Blade, Shadow trap and Shadow shield would be a better choice.
Yeah, Prospector Zeke reminds me a bit of like Hagrid. Hagrid is totally flippin' awesome amazing, but he definitely is no Potioneer or Charms Master. He has his own uniqueexpertise. Zeke is really the only place to get Training Points (or at least consistently get them as there are others like Ogden Peake and you just automagically get them every 5 levels. ) Are there any other other than Zeke and Ogden Peake? I think there is a Abbot in Avalon or something, but I'm not entirely sure....

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I definitely do all the Zeke quests, since they are fun and easy, and you get a free training point for it.