Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

zeke's announcements

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
when playing the game and someone has almost reached max gold, zeke will come to the screen and make his little music sound and then the dialog. I know someone thought this was a good idea but it is not. He makes his announcements every time I go to a different area. Sometimes I can't do anything about it at the time. I can't stand the music it makes every time I change areas, and my computer won't let me turn down the sound to drown him out. I am a max wizard, I know I'm to the max money, I don't need zeke to come on my screen to keep telling me. I go and buy dumb things I don't want, for my house. Apparently I don't buy enough because my next fight zeke comes back on and says i'm going to lose my money again.
Someone probably thought this was a good idea because of the jewel socketing warning but it's not for some of us. I am feeding my gear, wands, rings, amulets, all to my pet now and trashing things that can't be fed to pets. Maybe KI would let members start buying things that cost crowns with our gold. I think that would solve some of the problems.
Does anyone else have a problem with this

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hatch pets: $40,000 - $50,000 gold per hatch.

Buy a crowns house for gold: $100,000

Buy the crowns furniture pack sets for gold from the crown shop: $22,000 per pack.

Buy a mount for gold from the crown shop. They are $50,000 and up.

Buy the huge pile of gold for sale by Guillermel in Mirage: $475,000

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Big_Gold_Pile#axzz5Emvkf6jJ

Train high level gardening spells: $75,000 and up.

Train Monstrology spells: most are $100,000.

Basically, spend a LOT of money instead of a piddly amount.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Fun trolling money sink:

Buy empower TC. Go to Krok and ask noobs with temp/no mount if they will help you. If they say yes then they passed the nasty or nice test hahaha. Tell them, "You passed the test!" and explain how they can buy a perm mount for gold via the crown shop. Give them 113 empowers (enough at minimum sell value for the highest priced mount for gold) and get them to sell them at the bazaar and buy a mount. Watch them jump about on their new mount before they run off to continue questing!

Krok is way too much running, a mount is deserved and needed.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
I for one am glad he warned me. I would've been very angry if KI started eliminating my gold without warning.

Sydney Skyblood lvl 86 Incindiari

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
I too have just about maxed on the gold...and sweetie Zeke shows up on my screen when I win a battle and of course receive gold....but his little icon is all I get UNLESS I click on him...then he talks...I just leave him alone and a few minutes his face has gone until the next gold reward.....just dont click on the icon.