Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Down to my last half dozen Epics

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2015
Here's what I have left to get:
1) Jaws in Stormriven (Celestia)
2) Mushushi in Crimson Fields (Mooshu)
3) Purple Grunion in the Drake Hatchery (Dragonspyre)
4) Sam Bass in the Grand Chasm (Dragonspyre)
5) Silver Streak in the Emporer's Retreat (Krokotopia)
6) Undead Spyre Eel in the Form (Dragonspyre)

I have been focused on #6 for maybe 2 weeks. Have yet to see a death fish in the Forum. Grrr.

You guys have any words of advice (or even encouragement) for any of the above, but particularly for #6?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
webbiecarroll on May 3, 2018 wrote:
Here's what I have left to get:
1) Jaws in Stormriven (Celestia)
2) Mushushi in Crimson Fields (Mooshu)
3) Purple Grunion in the Drake Hatchery (Dragonspyre)
4) Sam Bass in the Grand Chasm (Dragonspyre)
5) Silver Streak in the Emporer's Retreat (Krokotopia)
6) Undead Spyre Eel in the Form (Dragonspyre)

I have been focused on #6 for maybe 2 weeks. Have yet to see a death fish in the Forum. Grrr.

You guys have any words of advice (or even encouragement) for any of the above, but particularly for #6?
Sorry it's too late for the zero energy benefit! This is how I caught them (on 9 wizards) and tips where I have some, I hope it helps

1. Jaws. The pool is HUGE and goes around the corner. I was wasting so much energy on reveal I ended up going through the tunnel and standing on the beach to reveal then summon until I saw a death fish. Then I winnowed the sentinels while keeping an eye on him then got him.

2. Musushi. Bit of a pain as there are Samurai (also rank 2), Mechanical Armorhead (also storm) AND Origami fish and Grape Jellyfish that are both rank 2 and storm. Winnow rank 2, winnow storm fish...catch what's left until you get lucky. The Grape Jellyfish swim slow, Origami and Musushi both swim fast and change direction lots.

3. Purple Grunion. He's the only rank 3 storm fish. The only other rank 3 fish is the rare Spyre Eel (Balance). My method was before banish sentinel cleared all sentinels and would only clear them in the nearest pool so my method is not the best now. I'd do winnow rank 3, banish sentinels and then reveal fish. If it says no fish affected, reset. If it affects something then winnow storm and see if reveal still shows a fish there. If it does...time to search for it by running around the pools! At least you know he's there!

4. Sam Bass. He's the only rank 3 ice fish and the only other rank 3 fish is the Spyre Eel. I'd do same as for the Purple Grunion but using winnow ice if a rank 3 fish is present.

5. Silver Streak. The first epic fish I ever caught...because I SAW him while doing the dungeon! He is found in the first pool straight ahead of you as you go into the frozen lake and he swims like a maniac! I don't even reveal or anything here, just summon if there isn't a crazy fish. When there is use your ice 2 lure and get him!

6. Undead Spyre Eel. Winnow death and then rank 3, then get rid of sentinels and reveal fish to see if he's there...then search if he is!

Good luck and hope this helps!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
Protip: For #1, there are fishing pools in the very back (on either side of the entrance to Stormriven Hall) where the Jaws could be. If you use reveal fish and you don't see any glowing white pillars, but you also don't see "No Fish Affected!", there's a good chance that it will be back there.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2015
I caught Jaws and Purple Grunion in the zero energy weekend! Whew! Down to my last four. Thanks for the advice, Victoria!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2015
Caught Silver Streak yesterday. Woot woot!