Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the report system/hall monitors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2017
So I have always wondered does the report system actually do anything everytime I have seen people do something wrong you report them and nothing happens I hear words that are so bad that they really should be like instantly sanctioned but half the time I still see them after a while without any action.

on the subject of hall monitors are they even still a thing I have never seen one warn anyone ever I'm concerned about how people speak and how nothing seems to happen to them.
a dev response would be nice

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Elijahthestormwiza... on Apr 29, 2018 wrote:
So I have always wondered does the report system actually do anything everytime I have seen people do something wrong you report them and nothing happens I hear words that are so bad that they really should be like instantly sanctioned but half the time I still see them after a while without any action.

on the subject of hall monitors are they even still a thing I have never seen one warn anyone ever I'm concerned about how people speak and how nothing seems to happen to them.
a dev response would be nice
I'm not a dev and I don't work for KI but we don't need to look far to find people discussing/ranting about sanctions to their accounts. I think this is evidence enough that KI do pay attention to reports and take action where they see fit. Obviously they are not going to discuss with us the sanctions or decisions relating to another person's account.

While we have the freedom to speak in game there will always be some who misuse the feature. We can help keep the Spiral safe and pleasant by reporting bad language if we hear it. What KI does with that information is between them and the account holder, but I've seen plenty of evidence that KI do work hard to keep the Spiral a clean, safe place for everyone.

PS. How would you know if a hall monitor warned someone? Also auto-mute does exist if enough different accounts report someone.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
I agree that this is indeed a problem, but I ASSURE you, KingsIsle KNOWS what they are doing. They just haven't found the right resolution yet. That being said, it should be noted they have HEAVILY restricted language in the Chat System, even clever alternatives to modern profane words. Overall Answer:They're working on it, just hold tight and I'm POSITIVE that they'll make this as much of a family-friendly game as possible! :)

-Phoenix

Level 125
Level 70
Level 21