Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2015
I'm a level 81 wizard and was trying to figure out how to do the quest for the scare crow pet because when I did the quest to get my scare crow spell it didn't drop the pet if anyone could help would really be nice

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The scarecrow pet and the scarecrow spell are obtained in two completely different methods.

As you mentioned, you've already obtained the spell you would have realized that you were already rewarded with a school only pet upon obtaining the spell.

Recall getting the Wraith?

Now, you couldn't expect to get two school only pets with the completion of only one quest; that's a little broken.

To obtain the Scarecrow pet, there's a couple things you must do:
  • Be at least level 58.
  • Complete Austrilund in Wintertusk, Grizzleheim
  • Have access to Nodrilund, Wintertusk by completing the quest Nordrilund Exposure.

After you've satisfied these requirements, Dworgyn will send calling having the quest Century Egg for you to complete.
The quest will eventually lead you to Garm Moonstalker in Austrilund who in turn will have a quest Death's Egg for you.

Note; the final quest requires you to face and defeat Gullin in a solo instance only encounter.

Good Luck!

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Hi there

The quest is towards the end of Wintertusk (2nd part of Grizzleheim). If you skipped that world or have yet to complete it you will need to keep going with the storyline there until you get to the points below.

You're above level 58 and have completed the spell quest for level 48 so all you need to do is check you have completed 'Nordrilund Exposure' given by Grandmother Raven near the end of Wintertusk. Once you complete that quest go to your school teacher (Dworgyn) and he will give you the quest 'Century Egg'. This leads to your Scarecrow pet.

If you've finished Wintertusk you could just go straight to Dworgyn and see if he has the quest for you.

Good luck and I hope you have your scarecrow soon

Survivor
Dec 28, 2015
Thats the thing ive already did both main questions in grizzelheim and wintertusk unless ive missed something...

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Marie68197 on Apr 30, 2018 wrote:
Thats the thing ive already did both main questions in grizzelheim and wintertusk unless ive missed something...
Did you check if Dworgyn had any sides for you? These may not come up as quests in your book until you speak to him, it will have popped up as a tutorial tip. Don't wait for a quest sending you to him, go and see if he has something for you

If you go to speak to him and he has nothing for you check all areas of your home including dorm, attic, shared bank and bank to see if you have already completed it and have the pet hiding somewhere...I expect you'll find Dworgyn with a yellow exclamation over his head though, or a quest once you click to speak to him

Good luck and hope this helps!