Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet training ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
Hello, fellow wizards. I speak for everyone this moment to talk about pet training. Hear me out. Could we please implement a re-roll system for pet traits? This would make pet training that much less painful when we train the pets to mega. I personally had my death cloud get pierce instead of death giver at mega twice! If not, could we at least put percentages on talents likely to be obtained. Thanks!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
That would actually be really nice! Maybe it can be an elixir you have to craft so it's not used willy-nilly.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Not everything is meant to be easy. You might have to do Aquila, Darkmoor, Waterworks many times before you get the gear you want. Not to mention how many times you might have to do Loremaster to get those spells, or how many packs you need to buy to get that mount you want.

KI have just given us an incredibly generous update. It is now easier to good max stat pets with the talents you want than every before. You won't always get what you want, but what used to take months can now be done in weeks.

In terms of percentages, you do have this information to a large degree. If you become familiar with the order of talents (http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?340970-Talent-Order-Project) you can often get a good idea if the pet has the 5 talents you want in its pool. You can often save training a pet to mega because you know the five talents aren't there to start with.

Furthermore, you know that if *either* parent had a talent you don't want, there is a good chance your pet will fail before or at mega. First step, get an adult pet that has two of the talents you want. Then hatch with a pet in kiosk that has all five. If you can successfully get it to ancient, stop training and hatch again. Take next pet to epic, then try for mega. If you try to get to mega first off, starting with a pet where one parent had a bad talent, your chances of failing at mega are high. There's no guarantee, but I only have about half my pets fail at mega.

In terms of reroll or similar, I think this is unnecessary and unrealistic. KI want to make money from us buying hatching potions and energy potions. They have been generous to get more people into hatchery - but you still have to work if you want perfect pets.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
There is a re-roll system already in place.

It's called Hatch again.