Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strange new aura around me!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
Since The spring update I have noticed a weird aura around my life wizard. Its purple and starts at my feet then spirals up to my head and disappears. My life wizard is the only one that has this and I can't figure it out. LOL Driving me a bit crazy. No it isn't a mastery amulet aura.
WHAT is it??????

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
milosunkist on Apr 15, 2018 wrote:
Since The spring update I have noticed a weird aura around my life wizard. Its purple and starts at my feet then spirals up to my head and disappears. My life wizard is the only one that has this and I can't figure it out. LOL Driving me a bit crazy. No it isn't a mastery amulet aura.
WHAT is it??????
Oh my goodness! Your life wizard IS THE CHOSEN ONE!!!!

Sorry, can't help being a bit silly! Can other people see it too? It sounds pretty awesome to me

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I saw mentioned in the update notes something about this:

"Jewels that were meant to have a visual effect on the player are now displaying properly."

So it has something to do with jewels that we have equipped, but I haven't figured out which jewels are causing the little blue-violet waves on my wizards. On my wizards that have the new aura, they have tear-drop health jewels and their circle/square sockets are equipped with healing jewels. They also extra blades and accuracy in their triangle sockets. Level and school does not seem to be a factor.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
Took awhile but I did figure it out! Its because I have the morganthe spell jewel on my deck. The spring update did mention adding animation to some jewels but they didn't go into detail.
But I did like the comment about my life being the chosen one. LOL