Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potion to Change Name and Appearance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2012
I'd love to see this in the game. I have a level 84 death that I don't use anymore because I don't like the name I chose when I was young. I also really don't want to start over from scratch with my death, so the character just sits there unused. I'd much rather just pay x amount of crowns and change the name than have to start over from the beginning. Please make this an option!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I foolishly gave some of my wizards sensible names and I regret it

I'd love to have the opportunity to change them even if it cost crowns to do so. I think a lot of people would like to be able to do this too....I've seen a lot of Angles out there who meant to be Angels!

The name of our wizards is such a big part of their identity that it would be good to be able to change them if we regret our choice....we can change our name irl so changing a wiz name isn't too wild an idea!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
I post this same thing over and over, I hope we get that potion. I suggest that we can only purchase it from the website rather than the crown shop. Perhaps $5 each potion would be fair

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I don't want to sound pesemetic but why would you want to change your look. This game does not really shine in the character creator department, and names should be special since ya bonded to them over the x hours ya played. I suggest ya just hide your name in the options. And stitch your helmet to something new.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Lukeskywalker1313 on Apr 16, 2018 wrote:
I don't want to sound pesemetic but why would you want to change your look. This game does not really shine in the character creator department, and names should be special since ya bonded to them over the x hours ya played. I suggest ya just hide your name in the options. And stitch your helmet to something new.
There are a lot of players who made their wizards using the random generator and now they've grown into that wizard and it's too late to change their basics of name and facial appearance....then there are noobs like me who chose names or appearances they'd like to change

IRL we can change our name and appearance, so it's not altogether so eccentric an idea to be able to do it in wiz too

I think with the addition of new pet names and talk of a barber shop being added it is a good time to be discussing this. If KI introduced new wizard names too it would perfect timing to add a one time elixir to change our base characteristics too.

Both in game and out, for people who like their name/appearance it can be easy to suggest ways to cover it up or ignore it, but I've heard of quite a few wizards who don't play all of their characters because of these seemingly little things. The higher their level the harder it is to delete and start over just for the sake of a name change or such. Sometimes getting used to it just doesn't work.

For 16 years every single day I was called by my birth name. There was nothing wrong with it, but it just didn't feel right. Shortly after my 16th birthday I changed it and something inside me felt calm. I suddenly felt more confident in myself and happier I've never regretted it or thought about changing it again. I also know we're talking about wizards not real people but even though it's a different scale I think it has a similar feeling to it.