Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Hatchmaker Elixir Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
I wanted to hatch again immediately after hatching in the Hatchmaker so I clicked the button that allowed me to buy a hatching elixir (closed out of it, I wanted to hatch with the same pet again, opened again, found the same exact pet that I hatched with and realized I needed an open hatching slot, clicked the button that said 'buy elixir,' it took me to the crown shop, I bought an elixir, closed out of the crown shop, nothing). It didn't hatch my pet when I bought it, it just took my crowns. I want my 250 crowns back, because I earned those crowns through free crowns and the daily quizzes, and those were all the crowns that I had. Fix it please?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
I've been unsuccessful in reproducing this bug, but have passed it along to our Quality Assurance for more review. For a refund, you would need to contact Customer Support for more assistance.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You would have needed to buy Purreau's Potion #9 to reset your hatching timer.

When we click on the "buy elixir" button at the kiosk, it will open up the potions page at the crown shop, but it does NOT default to the correct elixir. Like you, I found this out the hard way. We have to be careful to buy the Potion #9, so that our hatching timer resets.

Then, assuming we get the correct potion (and have enough gold), we will go back into the kiosk and will have to select the pet to hatch with. We have to actually click "Hatch." The potion just allows us to hatch more than once every 12 hours but it doesn't do the hatching for us.

A last complication that we have to look out for: if someone else hatched with the pet we wanted while we were buying the potion, that pet will be removed from the hatch-maker kiosk and we won't be able to hatch with it until after an hour passes.

I don't know the exact circumstances of what you went through, but hopefully this explanation will help you figure out what happened. Either you bought the wrong potion, or you just didn't understand you have to click "hatch" yourself after buying the potion, or someone else hatched with that pet you wanted and therefore it became unavailable.

Hope that helps a little,

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Not sure if this is a 'bug' but there was a bow I think that did not show up anywhere after I got it in a pack.
It's not a huge deal, I got other bows but I just wanted to mention it. I was trying to always clear my backpack to make room and it let me buy the pack so theoretically shouldn't have been a problem storing anything in the pack.