Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hall Monitors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
Hello, me and a couple of friends were recently talking about hall monitors and if they are still around.

I've been playing this game for awhile now, about 8-9 years and I've seen the ups and downs of W101, I remember when I used to sit in the commons and see people saying nasty things and then they will get muted in less than a minute. Now you don't see that. It's way less lenient and a lot more free.

But, my question is, are they still around, if so, are they as active as they used to be.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Forgot to add on;
If you can apply to be a hall monitor, how can you do so?

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
I can't personally say how active they are, but I saw someone get muted by a hall monitor recently. The game isn't at its peak anymore so there might not be as many, but at least some are still around. Also, there's always the age old report feature.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I've not seen any in quite some time now.

I'm wondering, is there a particular outfit or badge they wear?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Star Edward on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:

Nope, they're completely anonymous.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Star Edward on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:

Probably not. They are not there to show off. During the time that led to the creation of hall monitors, there was a volunteer group of members who would stand in Commons listening, and report what needed to be reported. Some of them chose to wear the badge "Wizard City Protector", which can be earned early in the game. Some of them didn't. Some who wore the badge would scold or caution people not to break the terms of service, confronting those who were saying bad things. Others didn't, they just reported. I think the Hall Monitors were pulled from the group of volunteers who were often on and whose reports were solid.

It is best not to feed the trolls, and attention is their food. They are looking to be noticed, for people to pay attention to them and be upset by them. They LIKE to get people angry. I imagine it is not very satisfying for them to not be noticed, stand around talking to themselves, and then find their wizard is muted or banned later on.

You may have seen a hall monitor, and never known they were there. I imagine most of them know about not feeding trolls, it's just not worth it. If the offender is unaware of the rules being enforced and will reform, the caution from KI ought to do it. If not, confronting a hard core troll, just gives them what they seek, and they don't seem to care about mutes and bans. Better to just report, and move on, letting KI take care of the troll.