Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching with an ice colossus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
so I’m fairly new to hatching, but I really want a Frostlord (ice colossus+wraith) or something cool like that. I hatched with a wraith but I just got another ice colossus:( are there any other cool ice colossus hybrid pets that you can hatch? Also how many tries does hatching hybrids usually take??

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay.

The Ice Colossus pet has 15 known hybrids that can be created by hatching with fellow level 48 school pets.
I was able to garner all 15 of them back when hybrids just came out.
Hatching was so expensive back then!

I'll list the hybrids though:

These hybrids (above) are the ones that looks like the Colossus.

The others which resemble the school pets are:

Okay, as it relates to the dynamics of hatching; usually creating a hybrid takes a few tries.
Nowadays, it doesn't take the optimum amounts that it used to take, but don't expect to get hybrids at the same time.

While I'm not sure if this is still true, I'll still share it.

The hybrid you get depends solely on which side of the hatcher you're on.
If you're wanting a hybrid looking like the Wraith for example, the person should be on the right side of the hatcher and you on the left.

Usually both participants get the same pet, whether it's a hybrid or just your own school pets.

Again, the above statement used to be true as many of us used the technique and it yielding favorable results.

Not sure if this is still the case.

Nevertheless, Hatching will always require some levels of persistence.

Good Luck!

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
All the possible hybrids using an Ice Colossus as one parent can be found here.... http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Ice_Colossus#axzz5CQcHuPbE

How many hatches it takes to get a hybrid varies. I've gotten one on the first try; I've also had to try four or five times to get a hybrid. You probably already know this, but you can try for a Frostlord by hatching your Ice Colossus with another wizard's Frostlord. (That's how I got my first Shadow Phoenix -- Scarecrow/Phoenix hybrid; I hatched my Scarecrow with another wizard's Shadow Phoenix.)

Good luck!