Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Books in the Library

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
In every world we go through (or at least, in every world I've been in), we always get a quest to read several texts scattered around that world. Unfortunately, I always forget what the previous one said before I get to the next book, and there isn't any way to go back and read the books you have already read (that I know of).
I was thinking that it would be nice if you could read these texts in the library. After you read it the first time, it could become available in the library (maybe just that world's library, or from any library--some worlds don't have their own libraries) and you could read it again.
I think it would be fun to go through and re-read about all the worlds I've been to, and it would give me a reason to visit the library (most of those TCs are cheaper at the Bazaar anyway).
So what do you think?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ellie Spellwalker on Mar 30, 2018 wrote:
In every world we go through (or at least, in every world I've been in), we always get a quest to read several texts scattered around that world. Unfortunately, I always forget what the previous one said before I get to the next book, and there isn't any way to go back and read the books you have already read (that I know of).
I was thinking that it would be nice if you could read these texts in the library. After you read it the first time, it could become available in the library (maybe just that world's library, or from any library--some worlds don't have their own libraries) and you could read it again.
I think it would be fun to go through and re-read about all the worlds I've been to, and it would give me a reason to visit the library (most of those TCs are cheaper at the Bazaar anyway).
So what do you think?
I love this idea!

I'd extend it to include all quest dialogue etc so once we've completed a quest it becomes searchable in the library so we can remind ourselves of things or check a detail. It would be great to be able to hear the characters again like this, almost like our own wizard's diary or the pensieve in Harry Potter

It wouldn't put me off making more wizards or questing them, it would help bring me back up to date with where my wizard is before I start questing her more. I have quite big gaps between questing sessions so often forget where I am exactly in the story even when main questing.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This book idea is actually pretty good, especially for those of us who actually take the time out to do these quest in every world.

I agree, they should be archived in the particular world's library for future reference (especially by inhabitants of that world; I'm sure they're gonna want a good read too!).

A quest could be instigating asking us to place them in the library or simply give them to the librarian at hand.