Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help, can’t find my main quest .. ?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
After taking a long break from the game, and coming back. I can’t seem to find my main quests in Krokotopia! Ive used the quest finder, but I keep getting directed to simple side quest. Help?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
It would've been god if you could provide where in Krok you remembered being.

But, just to let you know, Main Quests are now marked with two golden stars in the quest book.

You can try contacting KI directly for assistance.

support@wizard101.com

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Another maybe less notably idea is to re-visit every area you've access to in Krok and use the quest finder there.

You can further just accept the quests until you're able to re-locate your main quest.

It may take some time but this idea just might work.

Also recommend you do sides by the way..

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
It's called an existential crisis.

Oh! You were talking about the game.
Go ahead and do the side quest.
If I recall correctly there was one that seemed inconsequential but it turned out to kick off larger quests.

Also don't forget to keep hitting the frequently.

Wish we had one of those in real life.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2017
main quest does when you talk to red guy after you come thru the spiral door, then you talk to guy at the lake, then you go to into the sphinx talk to another guy too.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2017
Survivor
Jan 15, 2017
This once happened to me when I was in Zafaria. What I did was I clicked the quest finder and got all the side quests for the newest area I had entered. Then I went to my quests and saw all the quests I got and looked at which one had stars next too it. I found my quest and I hope you do too.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
So I have the Quest Marley Bone Calling but I can't go to Marley Bone. I go to the portal that allows you to go to wizard city and grizzleheim etc. but I marley bone doesn't show up for me to click on. I have other quests that do the same for example I have the quest Turn Up the Heat that tells me to go to Dragonspyre but I can't for the same reasons above. I really need some help as to why I can't do this. I have tried multiple computers to see if it was just a download error but I still have the same problem. I also have no main quests to tell me where to go in hopes that it'll tell me to go to Merle Ambrose to allow me to go to Marley Bone.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
shark342376 on Jul 1, 2018 wrote:
So I have the Quest Marley Bone Calling but I can't go to Marley Bone. I go to the portal that allows you to go to wizard city and grizzleheim etc. but I marley bone doesn't show up for me to click on. I have other quests that do the same for example I have the quest Turn Up the Heat that tells me to go to Dragonspyre but I can't for the same reasons above. I really need some help as to why I can't do this. I have tried multiple computers to see if it was just a download error but I still have the same problem. I also have no main quests to tell me where to go in hopes that it'll tell me to go to Merle Ambrose to allow me to go to Marley Bone.
These are side quests and as soon as you have access to those areas through your main quest (the quest with stars on it in your book) you will be able to continue them. If you want to do them sooner you could ask a friend to teleport you there but especially for 'Turn Up The Heat' it would require A LOT of porting you about Dragonspyre for you to complete your fishing quest there.

As for having no main quests, that's not good! Have you completed Krok? Your last quest should be 'Missing Souls' given by Sergeant Major Talbot in the Oasis (Krokotopia) sending you to see Private Kinchley in Wolfminster Abbey (Marleybone). You could try talking to Sergeant Major Talbot to see if he sends you there, otherwise you'll need to work out where you were or ask KI to look into it on your account.

Good luck and happy questing, crafting and fishing!

Survivor
Feb 06, 2018
Hi, I've been working very hard on my wizard and I just finished the the last dungeon in Avalon, then i talked to Lady of the lake, and she told me to go to Headmaster Ambrose, so i went to him and nothing was there! I went back to lady of the lake and there was no quest available for her too! I have no main quests now. This happened on my Fire wizard AlexFireCaster, level 79. Thanks!

Survivor
Mar 15, 2018
Hello, I've just arrived at the Krokosphinx on my ice character and turned in the main quest to Alhazred, but after that, he isn't giving me the next main quest and i can't proceed with the story. What should I do?

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
After I finished the Throne Room of Fire dungeon, I have not been allowed to continue to the next main quest, I know where to do to talk, but there is no quest available. Please help, thanks.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Yeah same for me on my storm wizard in Krokotopia

Survivor
Jul 16, 2018
Me and many others are having the exact same problem!
Really hope it gets resolved soon as I planned on questing all day today but this bug prevents that :(

Esmee Storm

Survivor
Jul 16, 2018
Kaitlyn Ravenbrand on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
Hello, I've just arrived at the Krokosphinx on my ice character and turned in the main quest to Alhazred, but after that, he isn't giving me the next main quest and i can't proceed with the story. What should I do?
Me and many of my friends are having the exact same problem!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2016
Me and a couple of friends were out questing and we lost our main quest when we entered the Balance School for the first time. This also happened to a bunch of other people.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2018
I am having the exact same problem right now as well as my brother did you ever get this resolved if so how we are stuck.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2018
I am having the exact same problem. The main quest switched to a random quest in my log and after I completed that other quest (The Sylvia Drake quest) my main quest completely disappeared.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2016
Kaitlyn Ravenbrand on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
The same exact thing happened to me as well.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2015
I was doing the quest "Fangdango" (after permission to enter where I spoke to Sergeant Major Talbot) I was told to go down to the balance school to talk to Alhazred, where I then found out I was supposed to be given the quest "Order at last."
I don't know if I did something wrong, but after I talked to Alhazred (who said only "Greetings") I got the "new quest" notif on my screen but when I checked my current quests, nothing was there. (I also searched for the stars above the quest)
I looked at the krokotopia quest tree and I was supposed to recieve a quest from them and i really dont know what to do.
I even tried the quest finder, logging in and out, and I got nothing. I also did the tome of the fang side quest but i wasnt able to complete it since I had to go into the vault of ice and it wasnt unlocked for me yet.

I am a level 21 (Adept diviner)
Taylor SpiritGlade

Survivor
May 29, 2016
Im a wizard currently level 21 I found th school of balance and I went to see what my next quest was and I check my quest log and... ITS GONE! I check the quest tree and it says I have to talk to something something the wise. So I go talk to him and nothing! I can’t progress in my game someone please help! I’ve already emailed tech support and nothing!!! Please help!

Survivor
May 29, 2016
my name in game is Jason DuskWalker, I’m level 21 and I lost my main quest right after I talked to Alhazred and then it just disappeared, can someone please help me figure out what to do?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2014
I've gotten this same issue as well as my two friends who i was questing with.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Alright, so I'm questing in Krokotopia normally on my lvl 16 Death, I make it to Krokosphinx, the quest I had was called Fandango. I go to talk to Alhazred, and once that quest is completed, he's supposed to then give me a new quest to talk to someone inside the Krokosphinx. However this did not occur, and now he does not prompt me for any quest. I tried restarting my game and switching characters to no avail.

Is there a level cap I don't know about? Are there side quests I need to complete (I've done every prerequisite storyline quest up this point)? Or is this some missed bug that came about as a result of the character update for Alhazred? Now that I think about it, Alhazred's character data was still loading as I spammed spacebar through the dialogue.

I would very much like to return to my questing, any help would be appreciated.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2013
A couple of friends that I was helping were stopped due to a glitch where Alhazred did not give them a quest that leads them to the entrance hall. They are around lvl 18-20 which I believe is a moderate lvl to start the second part of krokotopia.