Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating Xerxes in Mirage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I have spent over an hour searching for tips on defeating Xerxes , the Overlord in Mirage. I have found nothing. I read in wizard101 central, what you can expect from him, but could not find how I could defeat him. So could someone please tell me how to do it? I have tried team up, over and over, but evidently I am the only person who is needing help with this one.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If I recall correctly, you need to follow a couple of rules in order to survive this boss.

1) Beware of casting Feint. If you do, he'll take it off himself with Sacrifice (and heal himself back as a result). You can get away with one Feint at the beginning of the battle, since you won't have damaged him yet.

2) Do not cast any blades. If you do, he'll steal the blades and (I think) he'll hit you pretty hard as well. This cheat includes pets with may-cast abilities. So take blades out of your spell deck.

3) He resists Death and Balance spells. If you belong to either of those schools, you'll need to have a high amount of pierce.

4) Once the minions are all dead, he can't heal from them so I would suggest trying to kill them all first.

I recall that my friend and I forgot the no blades rule the first time we tried him and we got punished hard enough that we lost that battle! The second time in, we followed the rule and managed to beat him. We were Balance and Fire.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Overlord_Xerxes#axzz5A7EtDfUZ

Basically, to beat this guy you want to kill the minions first. Then load Xerxes up on traps. Use a single, strong hit to take advantage of those traps. Use your big bubble and your Star school bubble to boost your damage. Use Infallible for pierce if you're Balance or Death.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Forgot to add, (minor spoiler below, not sure exactly which battle you're having trouble with):

If you're facing the Scorpion, you can't use Feints or heals. Remove any healing pet, as the heals will trigger massive damage on you. Feints will remove all other traps you have set up on him, unless you've protected them with Indemnity first. He can use Glowbug, so once again you'll want to rely on traps as much as you can.

One expensive way to solo this guy is to buy Life Gorilla henchmen and let them heal you. Scorpion will kill them for the heals instead of you.

Alia Misthaven