Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I accidentally deleted a really good friend.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2014
Me and my really good friend Taylor AngleEyes (Level 48 Ice wizard) we're joking around with the annoying banter that we usually have. As a part of the joke i said "Well if you don't like it. Just delete me then." she did as part of the joke and we kept having fun and having banter. then she said at the end that she was kidding about the friend thing and i said in a complete joke and ported away. i then went to re-add her but she didn't add back. i think she may have ignored me. I really miss her and have been searching for her for the past hour and a half to apologize. If you see her, (she may be a higher level than what i said but at the time of this she's around level 48) please say that Robert GoldenBlood is sorry. If you see this Taylor. i'm sorry.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This was a little saddening to read, but what I can suggest is:

Did you two have maybe a favorite meet up spot you two would just chill and chat? Try returning there.

What about time differences? Is there a particular time you guys would meet up as well? You can try looking during this time period.

Quest Line - Were you two questing together? You can try tracking her down by doing this, or look within a realm you two would normally be in.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Guess she took the joke a little personal..

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
The Real Underwood on Mar 20, 2018 wrote:
Me and my really good friend Taylor AngleEyes (Level 48 Ice wizard) we're joking around with the annoying banter that we usually have. As a part of the joke i said "Well if you don't like it. Just delete me then." she did as part of the joke and we kept having fun and having banter. then she said at the end that she was kidding about the friend thing and i said in a complete joke and ported away. i then went to re-add her but she didn't add back. i think she may have ignored me. I really miss her and have been searching for her for the past hour and a half to apologize. If you see her, (she may be a higher level than what i said but at the time of this she's around level 48) please say that Robert GoldenBlood is sorry. If you see this Taylor. i'm sorry.
Since you put this on the public message board, I hope it's OK to ask you some questions. Some of it doesn't make sense to a third party reader.

What did you say "in a complete joke?"

Your post said "and i said in a complete joke and ported away."

Why did you feel you had something to apologize about? Is it pertaining to the missing information of what you said to her?

Your post said you "have been searching for her for the past hour and a half to apologize," and "say that (your name) is sorry." That's a pretty strong apology if you really thought you were both "joking around."

Maybe she wasn't having banter, maybe she was annoyed, and you didn't pick up on it?

If she put you on ignore, and kept you there, and still hasn't added you back, then her part of the story seems to be missing.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
In text form, it can be really hard to read emotions, at times, and very easy for people to hear something differently than it was intended to be. There are no facial expressions and body language to give context and show someone is joking and being sarcastic, or deadly serious, insulted, or hurt. Emoji do not always suffice, and can also be taken the wrong way. There are also many people in this game who are younger or may not have as good an ability to pick up on subtle text clues.
I have no idea who missed how the other was feeling was you or your friend, or both. I just know that I've heard people say some truly mean things, as if no one around them meant anything as a human being. I've also met even more wonderful and positive people in the game. We many not know who these other players are in real life, or anything about them, but they are people, and people have feelings. We can't control what others say and do, only what we say and do. Reflect. How would your words have sounded to you, if you didn't know it was supposed to be a joke? Decide how you want to be from here on. I hope you run into your friend, so you can apologize. If you do, and she still ignores or refuses, respect that, and leave her be.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Star Edward on Mar 21, 2018 wrote:
This was a little saddening to read, but what I can suggest is:

Did you two have maybe a favorite meet up spot you two would just chill and chat? Try returning there.

What about time differences? Is there a particular time you guys would meet up as well? You can try looking during this time period.

Quest Line - Were you two questing together? You can try tracking her down by doing this, or look within a realm you two would normally be in.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

Guess she took the joke a little personal..

Personally -- I wouldn't advise 'tracking her down' or lurking where they used to meet. It seems the person is purposely avoiding the OP. If the person who put the OP on ignore wanted to reconnect, then they would surely be going to those places. (And since the OP "tried and tried for an hour and a half" to find them, I'd say the person was pointedly not there.

If the OP searched and searched and couldn't find them, and they still haven't been taken off of ignore, then I'd say basically, in essence, stalking the other person, however innocent the intention could be, is probably a bad idea.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
That's why I have no friends.
No friends = No problem. :^)